Thread Tools
Mar 14, 2011, 06:32 PM
Pile-it
Alien_Tech's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahgurim
Well, to be more specific, is this aircraft approved by the
nmpra to be legal? If someone showed up at the
nats with it, would it be allowed to race, assuming all other parameters are being met? Motor, ESC, battery etc.
Earlier in this thread someone else had asked if it was legal. While it is not illegal, it has not been "measured" for approval and deemed legal.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2011, 08:55 PM
Registered User
PylonDave's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_Tech
Earlier in this thread someone else had asked if it was legal. While it is not illegal, it has not been "measured" for approval and deemed legal.
I think that says it right.
Mar 15, 2011, 11:14 AM
Robert Youens
KickAssAircraft's Avatar
That is too cool. You should see that well around either pylon. Look forward to seeing you at the races this weekend.

You are right on the bottom of the wing on the pogo. A lot of pilots make changes on the top, but forget about the bottom. When four all yellow wing bottoms come around pylon 2 and stay in a slight left roll all the way down the course it is tough to tell them apart.

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsflyer
Since I like WWII Warbirds, I used some "Invasion Stripes" to make mine easier for me to see. I remember Robert saying something about needing something on the bottom also, so here's what I did.
McD
Mar 15, 2011, 08:59 PM
Afghanistanimation
johnnychimpo's Avatar
3 pole course fixes everything and adds more fun! Just labor intensive.

ps
almost got my pogo back together. stuffed it last weekend.
Mar 15, 2011, 10:27 PM
Gravity won...!
Jim Duda's Avatar

What does a 3 pole course fix?


Curious how a 3 pole course fixes everything...?
Mar 15, 2011, 11:35 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
Troy's Avatar
Dave Gavin or others: Who's stocking 8X8 APCs right now? I tried to get some from Horizon but they were out of stock. Any local sources??
Mar 16, 2011, 08:44 AM
hot air rises...
jfinch's Avatar
Troy, buy direct: http://www.apcprop.com/ProductDetail...tCode=LP08080E
Mar 16, 2011, 09:30 AM
Registered User
PylonDave's Avatar
Troy I bought 3 yesterday at Pegasus hobbies in Montclair, near me. I think they had a few more. I can go clean them out if you want.
Mar 16, 2011, 10:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Duda
Curious how a 3 pole course fixes everything...?

I guess then you only see the top of the plane?
Mar 16, 2011, 11:08 AM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
Troy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PylonDave
Troy I bought 3 yesterday at Pegasus hobbies in Montclair, near me. I think they had a few more. I can go clean them out if you want.
PM sent.
Mar 16, 2011, 02:25 PM
Hovering my 85" Katana
Robert Youens's Avatar
Jim,

On the 3 Pole course you stand in the middle of the course and you typically only see the top of the wing during turns and down straight away due to slight banking.

Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Duda
Curious how a 3 pole course fixes everything...?
Mar 16, 2011, 02:46 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Youens
Jim,

On the 3 Pole course you stand in the middle of the course and you typically only see the top of the wing during turns and down straight away due to slight banking.

Robert
But, the course workers are outside the course. Typically, they only see the bottom of the plane and they need to be able to distinguish between the models.
Mar 16, 2011, 03:57 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSawers
But, the course workers are outside the course. Typically, they only see the bottom of the plane and they need to be able to distinguish between the models.
Whhich is why you have lane markers ( colored bands) that you put on your wing to differentiate between planes/lanes during a race.
Mar 16, 2011, 05:51 PM
Afghanistanimation
johnnychimpo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Duda
Curious how a 3 pole course fixes everything...?
Because its more fun! Just sayin' I would love to fly some ef1 on 3 poles. 2 is well, fun but not quite as much IMO. Im happy just to be able to race either way.
Mar 16, 2011, 07:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnychimpo
Because its more fun! Just sayin' I would love to fly some ef1 on 3 poles. 2 is well, fun but not quite as much IMO. Im happy just to be able to race either way.
Standing in the middle of the course really puts you "in the race". 2 pole has nothing on 3 pole. Me being a control line flyer, and in particularly a combat flyer, I love flying around myself very quickly. That is one of the aspects of pylon that is such a rush.
IMO, 2 pole is for beginners
Last edited by Zahgurim; Mar 16, 2011 at 07:17 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Formula One Scale Racing El Pe High Performance 9 Sep 26, 2013 07:30 PM
Sold HPI Racing Formula Ten w/lipo speedcontrol and motor $200.00 Shipped Mikey 68 Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 1 Nov 09, 2009 01:14 PM
For Sale HPI Racing Formula Ten w/lipo speedcontrol and motor Mikey 68 Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 2 Nov 09, 2009 12:52 PM