Jan 18, 2010, 06:50 PM
Oh look a fly buzzin by !
Thread OP
Question

Optic 6 or Optic 6 Sport ?

How is the track record for these radios ? I take it the 2.4ghz is new so probably not much on that. No one seems to have stock for long on them so I assume they are good.
I was about to try the Turnigy 9X and Corona 8 channel module but I have to try hard to find use for more than 5 channels on an airplane. The ailevator function sounds nice.

Ch
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2010, 02:58 AM

Hitec Optic 6 & Optic Sport 2.4GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop
How is the track record for these radios ? I take it the 2.4ghz is new so probably not much on that. No one seems to have stock for long on them so I assume they are good.
I was about to try the Turnigy 9X and Corona 8 channel module but I have to try hard to find use for more than 5 channels on an airplane. The ailevator function sounds nice. Ch
The Optic series are well proven and have more features than any other system in their class.
Optic 6 2.4Ghz is the same Optic 6 transmitter with the Spectra pro installed in lieu of standard module - can be retrofitted with 35,36, 40 & 72 Mhz etc if required.
Optic Sport 2.4GHzis the same transmitter butall RF is internal, no removable module.
Firmware updates made to Spectra Pro Module of the Optic 6 whereas direct into the Optic Sport Manual

Please refer further details:
Optic Comparison Chart does require update on Sport side regarding firmware updates etc.

refer
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated] for further info on HPP-22 programmer, Spectra Pri modules and Optima RX..

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Last edited by A.T.; Apr 10, 2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: update url to new Hitec pages and add .pdf
Jan 19, 2010, 07:59 AM
Thread OP
Thanks, I found more threads on the Optic 6 after starting this one.

Ch
Jan 19, 2010, 08:03 AM
Thread OP
One thing I find I need is for the ATV on a channel to be able to be the ATV, not the sum of the channel and mixes. That is never mentioned in any radio description.
So I wish they would state that. It is a problem with flaperon and other control surface mixes if the ATV is not limited to the ATV setting.
So according to Hitec, the ATV is the ATV in the Optic 6.

Ch
Jan 31, 2010, 03:49 PM
RC Wannabe!
using this thread for a question on my hitec optic 6 sport...

i'm going to use it to fly a tricopter.

channel 1 is the yaw and channel 4 is the banking. is it possible to swap it? ch 1 for roll and ch 4 for yaw? not possible just to change the output on receiver because of mixin, i need to exchange ch 1 and 4...

if anybody can suggest me something i would appreciate, thanks!

Quick Reply