Aug 11, 2011, 11:21 AM
wayne, does the weather report hint of a bit of rain in your area over the next 12-36 hours?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2011, 11:59 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz
wayne, does the weather report hint of a bit of rain in your area over the next 12-36 hours?
Slight Chance of .08" to .02" of rain. Temps 100+ through Monday.

Humidity is now in the 50% to 60% range. 95 degrees now feels like 103.

It just ain't pretty.
Aug 11, 2011, 12:51 PM
Montana Transplant
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
Slight Chance of .08" to .02" of rain. Temps 100+ through Monday.

Humidity is now in the 50% to 60% range. 95 degrees now feels like 103.

It just ain't pretty.
better get it cooled off before the mid of Sept....
Aug 11, 2011, 01:02 PM
3d NOOBular
Putting 2 3s 2200 mah batteries in the slick weighs about as much as a brick. It balances fine though. Im guessing a 4s 3000 pack is going to be a lot lighter not to mention a lighter prop as well.
Aug 11, 2011, 01:04 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1
LOLOLOL

Remember, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...order it, lolol
As and Information Security Officer.... I hate hearing those words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
Well my slick is flight ready. I was going to maiden it this morning but my brother couldn't make it so I'm looking at putting decals on instead. I'll put pics up when I can.
Check it over twice and someone else look it over once, nice machine! Good Luck.
Aug 11, 2011, 03:49 PM
I ordered my twist fuse today. My poor wife said go ahead as she knows I'm twistless.
She remebers back when the anesthesiologist medicated me just before going on a vent, I told her it's ok honey I've lived life to the fullest I've flatspun the twist.
Of course I was extremely inebriated at the time. And of course I've made it back and momma loves that twist and my twist brothers.
Nothing like that for a wife.
Aug 11, 2011, 04:35 PM
Well, we received .94" in 2 hours this afternoon. The temp went from 100 to 70 in one hour but we are already back to 89 and it feels like 98 in 61% humidity.

We needed the rain but it isn't a drop in the bucket.
Aug 11, 2011, 04:35 PM
3d NOOBular
Kerwin... thought I'd put this list together for a buck huck in your honor.

servos http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...21&item_id=480

$8.15 each = $32.60

Motor
http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...29&item_id=491

$23.00

Speed Controller http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...=25&item_id=51

$23.99

Prop http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...42&item_id=278

$2.99

Servo Extensions
6" http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...69&item_id=534

$1.00 each

12" http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...69&item_id=536

$1.20 each

Shipping: 3.99

Total: $90.97

It takes 1500-2200mah 3s packs. If you have some in that size already you are good to go. If not add them to your value hobby order. I have been happy with everything I have ordered from them so far.

-Nate
Aug 11, 2011, 05:15 PM
Hardrock Miner
Thanks Nate. I'll use that list too. Hopefully by the end if the month
Aug 11, 2011, 05:32 PM
3d NOOBular
Oh I forgot to add longer servo arms. The ones that come with those servos are teeny. I'd recommend some longer dubro arms for the elevator and rudder. If you have some standard futaba arms they should work.
Aug 11, 2011, 05:42 PM
ValueHobby is a great store, and they are in my back yard almost. However, the wonderful USPS is not my friend; an order that was shipped from Value Hobby on Monday has still not arrived. Maybe it shipped on Tuesday, but still...now it is Thursday and still no motor/ESC for my 46" Vyper!
[drumming fingers on table, waiting...]

Wayne, glad to hear you got a little rain, even though it is not nearly enough, at least it is a step in the right direction.

-Mike
Aug 11, 2011, 07:05 PM

Stevens Aero Edge 540

Well, I've got my Stevens Aero Edge 540 ready for the second flight. The first flight found it to be very pitchy; I've adjusted the thrust line per the manual and per advice from the SA Edge 540 forum thread. I've got to work the third shift tonight (that's what happens when part of your software development team is located in Shanghai, China). The good news is that I'll be done working by 8am tomorrow, so I'll have some nice weather to go flying in (especially since they are forecasting rain for Saturday) - sorry Wayne, if I could send it to you, I would!

Here's a couple pics of the SA Edge 540...(50" wingspan, 30oz for the plane + 6.5oz for the 3S2200 30C battery).

I want to redo the cowl - paint it instead of using trim covering, but I want to fly more than that, so it will have to wait. Also, the 2" white spinner won't fit on the small collet on the motor shaft, so I have a dinky prop nut on there right now.
Aug 11, 2011, 07:33 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Well, I've got my Stevens Aero Edge 540 ready for the second flight. The first flight found it to be very pitchy; I've adjusted the thrust line per the manual and per advice from the SA Edge 540 forum thread. I've got to work the third shift tonight (that's what happens when part of your software development team is located in Shanghai, China). The good news is that I'll be done working by 8am tomorrow, so I'll have some nice weather to go flying in (especially since they are forecasting rain for Saturday) - sorry Wayne, if I could send it to you, I would!

Here's a couple pics of the SA Edge 540...(50" wingspan, 30oz for the plane + 6.5oz for the 3S2200 30C battery).

I want to redo the cowl - paint it instead of using trim covering, but I want to fly more than that, so it will have to wait. Also, the 2" white spinner won't fit on the small collet on the motor shaft, so I have a dinky prop nut on there right now.
Great looking plane mike, I hope she is all sorted out now.
Aug 11, 2011, 09:07 PM

Finally got to fly the Twist!!

Been a very busy summer, but tonight finally flew the twist since I broke the fuselage last spring on a a bounce landing (cause I didn't listen to you guys about beafing up the area behind the canopy). Flew great, CG at 5.0. perfect!!! had an awesome time!!! Thanks for all of your infinate wisdom
Last edited by billd76; Aug 12, 2011 at 05:16 AM.
Aug 11, 2011, 09:37 PM
Quote:
ValueHobby is a great store, and they are in my back yard almost. However, the wonderful USPS is not my friend; an order that was shipped from Value Hobby on Monday has still not arrived. Maybe it shipped on Tuesday, but still...now it is Thursday and still no motor/ESC for my 46" Vyper!
[drumming fingers on table, waiting...]

Wayne, glad to hear you got a little rain, even though it is not nearly enough, at least it is a step in the right direction.

-Mike
With the timing of the rain, my station only got to 99.5 today.

The rain took us down to 70 degrees, it was 95 four hours later.

Quick Reply