Thread Tools
Old Aug 04, 2011, 09:35 AM
SnowDog1974 is offline
Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
My Stevens Aero Edge 540 is covered and configured. Last night I installed all the servos and linkages and tested everything. The motor rocks; I can't wait to see how she flies! Now I just need to complete the detailing of the cowl and some "racing stripes" along the length of the fuselage, and she'll be ready to fly. The battery compartment is very long and affords a wide range when setting the CG; it should be fun. I'll post some pics tonight, and hope to maiden it this weekend.
-Mike
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2011, 09:48 AM
CRFan1 is offline
Find More Posts by CRFan1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
My Stevens Aero Edge 540 is covered and configured. Last night I installed all the servos and linkages and tested everything. The motor rocks; I can't wait to see how she flies! Now I just need to complete the detailing of the cowl and some "racing stripes" along the length of the fuselage, and she'll be ready to fly. The battery compartment is very long and affords a wide range when setting the CG; it should be fun. I'll post some pics tonight, and hope to maiden it this weekend.
-Mike
Awesome Mike...looking forward to a report/pics....
Old Aug 04, 2011, 09:49 AM
CRFan1 is offline
Find More Posts by CRFan1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Wayne with gobal warming that maybe sooner than we think.
CR over at the other fourm in the DLE 30 thread Jodi from Valleyview say that it is a lean condition
Thanks

Gonna run another tank through it and get it dialed....it is very close I am anxious to fly the dang thing but it will have to be next week...I am working ALL wekkend Last night I had to build and add a battery tray that was installed aft of the rudder pull/pull servo tray. I was a bit nose heavy and this got my CG right at the front of the wing tube (allowed me to move the A123 back 3 full inches) like they recommend to start at. I typically prefer a slightly nose heavy plane anyway
Old Aug 04, 2011, 10:58 AM
3DNater is online now
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
nice Mike and CRFan1. I'm thinking my 51 slick will arrive tomorrow afternoon. My components will probably show up Saturday or Monday though.
Old Aug 04, 2011, 12:24 PM
ZeekWorld is online now
Find More Posts by ZeekWorld
Registered User
ZeekWorld's Avatar
So last night I worked some time on my dusty Twist V1 is almost ready again. I ended up installing the TT Pro .46 with Tower Hobbies pipe and a Master Airscrew S-2 11x6 (why not the TT stock pipe?, long story, but is the first time of over 250 transactions I've got a bad experience buying this use engine from an ebay seller, received the engine all dirty, with no screws to attached the pipe, and the pipe he sent me was from a different engine, add to all this nightmare, the pictures of a clean TT al;most new he sold me where not even close to the engine I've received from him, but oh well...) I also installed a heavy 2oz washer between the prop and the spinner to compensate weight. I believe I might sill need some stick on weight's I can add to the bottom of the engine, right on the side wood walls. The manual says 4" - 5" for the CG and I believe since I am not very familiar with the plane performance since I've only had three flights with a wrong setup about 3 years ago, I will have to go with 4". Also installed a 1600mah 4.8v Rx battery. Boy this Twist needs some nose weight to balance!
Pictures coming soon, and please correct me if I'm wrong regarding my setup description. Thanks!

I forgot to mentioned, I live in Avon, CO (right next to Vail) elevation here is about 7700ft. A group of RC pilots from around here built a really nice RC field called "Wolcott Airport" years ago, it's a very cool spot far away from all living organisms but deer, coyotes and rabbits, maybe a few bears too. I thought I might let you guys know in case you live around the area and never heard of this place like me, took me like three years after flying over soccer fields and rusty streets to find out this place existed about 20 minutes far from home.

Here a few pictures, I'm not on any of the pictures, you can see some random, RC planes/heli pilots at Wolcott RC airport. The picture with the Slow Stick and the Escapade, the two planes are mine, of course the Twist 3D is not there since it's in the tunning department
Last edited by ZeekWorld; Dec 05, 2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:37 PM
mt_flyer is offline
Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeker78 View Post
So last night I worked some time on my dusty Twist V1 is almost ready again. I ended up installing the TT Pro .46 with Tower Hobbies pipe and a Master Airscrew S-2 11x6 (why not the TT stock pipe?, long story, but is the first time of over 250 transactions I've got a bad experience buying this use engine from an ebay seller, received the engine all dirty, with no screws to attached the pipe, and the pipe he sent me was from a different engine, add to all this nightmare, the pictures of a clean TT al;most new he sold me where not even close to the engine I've received from him, but oh well...) I also installed a heavy 2oz washer between the prop and the spinner to compensate weight. I believe I might sill need some stick on weight's I can add to the bottom of the engine, right on the side wood walls. The manual says 4" - 5" for the CG and I believe since I am not very familiar with the plane performance since I've only had three flights with a wrong setup about 3 years ago, I will have to go with 4". Also installed a 1600mah 4.8v Rx battery. Boy this Twist needs some nose weight to balance!
Pictures coming soon, and please correct me if I'm wrong regarding my setup description. Thanks!

I forgot to mentioned, I live in Avon, CO (right next to Vail) elevation here is about 7700ft. A group of RC pilots from around here built a really nice RC field called "Wolcott Airport" years ago, it's a very cool spot far away from all living organisms but deer, coyotes and rabbits, maybe a few bears too. I thought I might let you guys know in case you live around the area and never heard of this place like me, took me like three years after flying over soccer fields and rusty streets to find out this place existed about 20 minutes far from home.

Here a few pictures, I'm not on any of the pictures, you can see some random, RC planes/heli pilots at Wolcott RC airport. The picture with the Slow Stick and the Escapade, the two planes are mine, of course the Twist 3D is not there since it's in the tunning department

HMMMMM.... another field to fly at in my travels west..
Old Aug 04, 2011, 01:57 PM
waynemia is offline
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
You never know where Daniel will show up.

Nice field Zeek.
Old Aug 04, 2011, 02:12 PM
Waldopepperaxe is offline
Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Walk of Shame Season :)
Waldopepperaxe's Avatar
Yes nice field Zeeker indeed
I wouldn't worry too much about getting the nose to 4 if you can get it around 4.25 - 4.50 and leave it on the low rates you should have no problem at all with its handling, But you know you better than we do

Instead of wheres Waldo,, we should start a google map with wheres Daniel??
Old Aug 04, 2011, 02:25 PM
ZeekWorld is online now
Find More Posts by ZeekWorld
Registered User
ZeekWorld's Avatar
I don't know much about Daniel, but sounds more like "Where the hell is Matt/Daniel"... Now, does Daniel know how to dance?

Where the Hell is Matt? 2008 (4 min 29 sec)
Old Aug 04, 2011, 07:50 PM
mt_flyer is offline
Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Yes nice field Zeeker indeed
I wouldn't worry too much about getting the nose to 4 if you can get it around 4.25 - 4.50 and leave it on the low rates you should have no problem at all with its handling, But you know you better than we do

Instead of wheres Waldo,, we should start a google map with wheres Daniel??
my current location is always on the Twistaholics map

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...109.335938&z=3
Old Aug 04, 2011, 07:51 PM
waynemia is offline
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
my current location is always on the Twistaholics map
Latest on the YAK?
Old Aug 04, 2011, 07:53 PM
mt_flyer is offline
Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Yes nice field Zeeker indeed
I wouldn't worry too much about getting the nose to 4 if you can get it around 4.25 - 4.50 and leave it on the low rates you should have no problem at all with its handling, But you know you better than we do

Instead of wheres Waldo,, we should start a google map with wheres Daniel??
may go visit old rhinebeck aerodrome next week
Old Aug 04, 2011, 07:58 PM
mt_flyer is offline
Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Latest on the YAK?
he grumbled all day and finally pulled the cowl... adjusted it per the link you sent me... runs great now... a little burble just below 1/2 throttle.. goes away above and below... has a 18x8 Zoar on it...

it was lean on HS and very rich LS
Old Aug 04, 2011, 07:58 PM
waynemia is offline
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
108.5 today. I just can't get excited about doing A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G!
Old Aug 04, 2011, 07:59 PM
waynemia is offline
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
he grumbled all day and finally pulled the cowl... adjusted it per the link you sent me... runs great now... a little burble just below 1/2 throttle.. goes away above and below... has a 18x8 Zoar on it...

it was lean on HS and very rich LS
Ooooo, sounds wonderful!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 55 Sep 16, 2016 05:53 PM
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 08:45 AM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 03:28 AM