Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old Jul 28, 2011, 04:37 PM
mt_flyer is offline
Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Nate,

I was thinking about you and your plane when I saw this plane and video:

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/48MXS.html

Halfway down the page is this video:

http://vimeo.com/17524900

Fun to watch - great pilot - and excellent music to go along with it.
I wouldn't mind getting one of these some day.

-Mike
That is Daniel Holman at his home in Goldendale, WA... I got to fly with him a few years ago when we were working in Goldendale.... Great Kid, Great pilot,.. I will never be that good
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2011, 05:51 PM
waynemia is online now
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Maybe I should just dope it up, put it on my CG Eagle 2 Knife Edge Trainer in place of the planned K&B 61? I am thinking the 80 would be too much weight gain verses the power it would offer?



Sorry, I said that wrong, I know you didn't mean anything by it, I would just toss it / give it away, before I would burn a bridge selling it.
Does not sound like a bad swap to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
That is Daniel Holman at his home in Goldendale, WA... I got to fly with him a few years ago when we were working in Goldendale.... Great Kid, Great pilot,.. I will never be that good
Think positive Daniel. I know you can do it. I am expecting someone to pay me to fly one of these days. Sure they will. Why not?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:08 PM
mt_flyer is offline
Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Does not sound like a bad swap to me.



Think positive Daniel. I know you can do it. I am expecting someone to pay me to fly one of these days. Sure they will. Why
not?
"buy" the way, my wife pays me to fly...fuel, new plane,ect... just so she can get some sleep after working at the hospital all night....


You know it's kind of sad, when an "outsider" comes to a club and a lot of the members want you to check out and maiden their new planes...
I have maidened 4 planes, TF AT6, H9 Twin Otter electric, a TF large scale P47, and an Alpha 40. The Alpha belongs to a 13y/o that "I" am teaching how to fly,, none of the "HOT SHOTS" want to take the time from their 35% and larger. I'm not even a member of this club, just a quest.

I will be maidening another Twin Otter soon, 2x OS46's... there are days I go out and never fly "my" planes.

tore down the TT40 tonight, packed her away until I can do a rebuild on the YS, I fly the Pizzaz some now.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:10 PM
mt_flyer is offline
Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
Just got word Aug 16 thru the 29th is NO FLY ANYTHING...
the presz will be on vacation here...
wonder if I can get away with flying off the lake at the RV park
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:37 PM
waynemia is online now
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
"buy" the way, my wife pays me to fly...fuel, new plane,ect... just so she can get some sleep after working at the hospital all night....


You know it's kind of sad, when an "outsider" comes to a club and a lot of the members want you to check out and maiden their new planes...
I have maidened 4 planes, TF AT6, H9 Twin Otter electric, a TF large scale P47, and an Alpha 40. The Alpha belongs to a 13y/o that "I" am teaching how to fly,, none of the "HOT SHOTS" want to take the time from their 35% and larger. I'm not even a member of this club, just a quest.

I will be maidening another Twin Otter soon, 2x OS46's... there are days I go out and never fly "my" planes.

tore down the TT40 tonight, packed her away until I can do a rebuild on the YS, I fly the Pizzaz some now.
That S-U-C-K-S! I think everyone should help someone at LEAST once per year.

At least you are being a good guy. I have days when I don't even take a plane to the field. I just go out to help someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
Just got word Aug 16 thru the 29th is NO FLY ANYTHING...
the presz will be on vacation here...
wonder if I can get away with flying off the lake at the RV park
You need to do a high fly video with an Easy Star and see if they shoot you down!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:52 PM
3DNater is offline
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
no kidding... I find it pretty fun to help ppl fly their planes. If I was a "club" guy I'd spend some time doing that for sure. As it is I just take out neighbors sometimes.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:41 PM
mt_flyer is offline
Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
That S-U-C-K-S! I think everyone should help someone at LEAST once per year.

At least you are being a good guy. I have days when I don't even take a plane to the field. I just go out to help someone else.



You need to do a high fly video with an Easy Star and see if they shoot you down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
no kidding... I find it pretty fun to help ppl fly their planes. If I was a "club" guy I'd spend some time doing that for sure. As it is I just take out neighbors sometimes.

Don't get me wrong.... I love teaching newbies and helping... stress doing maidens on new planes though...

I just amazes me the "club members" don't want to do help.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:51 PM
waynemia is online now
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
I know Daniel. Those guys are a$$es.

Those maidens can take years off ya! The last crazy one I did was a Lazy Cub that was converted - with my help - to electric. With no manual, we did the 30% CG thing. That plane was wayyyyy tail heavy. I landed it but it was WORK! After the maiden, the guy told me he had the manual.

I had a guy over today to install a motor in a FunCub and test it and get a battery ready for a Super Cub. I had other guys over to fix a bad connector on a battery, look at a covering problem (bad Monokote), put an LED in the nose of a FunJet Ultra, and pickup parts I ordered in.

I am building two more Easy Stars for club members.

Helping two guys to learn to fly.

Helped a member's friend last Sunday. His buddy box was broken so I got my Electrostik out and buddy boxed with him. Now his two kids also want planes.

I do my part.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:19 PM
DaOldGuy is offline
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
My Camera Tapes must be shot, the quality is sliding to the way side. Any Who, just the Warm up flight from our Airshow.

Arron Bates Extra 330SC.avi (5 min 38 sec)
Old Jul 28, 2011, 09:31 PM
NoMatta is offline
Find More Posts by NoMatta
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
NoMatta's Avatar
I think when folks avoid helping others, they really miss out on some personal warm fuzzies. I seldom feel as good as I do when I help others. Way to go gents!!!!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 10:18 PM
kerwin50 is offline
Find More Posts by kerwin50
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
I usually only get 2 maybe 3 flights on my plane because I'm always being asked for help.
It's alot of fun though. Just acouple of weeks ago I was sweating my *** off an my shirt was drenching wet from sweat running around helping ppl when our club pres insisted I sit down an take a break then he told everyone to give me a break. I really enjoy it though.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:57 PM
3dwingnut is offline
Find More Posts by 3dwingnut
certifiably twisted
3dwingnut's Avatar
helping is the best part of this hobby.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 06:20 AM
u2builder is offline
Find More Posts by u2builder
Registered User
u2builder's Avatar
Quote:
My Camera Tapes must be shot, the quality is sliding to the way side.
Just curious what camera you are using?

Yes, fly that 80 on a plane. I think it will be a great engine.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 06:26 AM
DaOldGuy is offline
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
Just curious what camera you are using?

Yes, fly that 80 on a plane. I think it will be a great engine.
Canon ZR80. Its been a good Camera, not HD, but it seems over time the quality has been slipping. I am going to pick up a couple new tapes, these have a lot of hours on them.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 07:10 AM
Outlw36 is offline
Find More Posts by Outlw36
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
That S-U-C-K-S! I think everyone should help someone at LEAST once per year.

At least you are being a good guy. I have days when I don't even take a plane to the field. I just go out to help someone else.



You need to do a high fly video with an Easy Star and see if they shoot you down!
just don't have have your name and info in the plane lol. and remember a thorough cleaning to remove fingerprints during preflight lol.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 55 Sep 16, 2016 05:53 PM
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 08:45 AM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 03:28 AM