Feb 10, 2010, 12:23 PM
GO COLTS!!!!!
Hey fixxen, That looks like the same plane that my club is putting together for their winter project. Last I heard, they have about fifteen that they are building. I wish I had joined in on the build, but with my work schedule and already building the Cub, I knew I wouldn't have the time. One of my club members posted a video of is in flight. They look like a lot of fun to fly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKzuB...layer_embedded
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2010, 12:28 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Rover
I flew a Twist for 2-1/2 seasons and liked it. After too many repairs, I built a new fuselage for it. The wings, stab and elevator are by H9 but the vertical surfaces are by me. Similarly equipped, the Abomination (A-Bom for short) is about a pound lighter than the Twist and it flew great all last season. I'm happy with it.

Welcome Mars Rover! That is badass! A Twilab!! Got vids?
Feb 10, 2010, 12:34 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Planefixer, yes thats the Polaris and they are a blast. Like I said before they are as much fun if not more on the ground. They track and steer great in the fluffy snow and in the water they are awesome. You really should dedicate some time to the project. Its well worth it. For about $12 in foam and a $40 motor/esc setup its a must build. I would rather be sitting here telling you about me flying my T~~~T but it looks like it may be awhile before the weather clears up. So when given lemons, you make lemonade.
Feb 10, 2010, 12:43 PM
Lawndart
Err when did the Twist V2 come out?
http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ent=Twist40ARF

I know I have been out of the loop for a while but yeesh nobody told me there was a Twist_v2
Feb 10, 2010, 12:44 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
Welcome Mars Rover! That is badass! A Twilab!! Got vids?
I think I have a few vids of the Abom in action, let me see what I can did up.

Yeah.... I brought evil friends to the twisted hangout. MUHAHAHAHA...

Edit
I will have to upload some of the Abom vids to Vimeo, but a did find a Tango Vid or MR's
2009 SCRC Fun Fly (4 min 19 sec)
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Feb 10, 2010 at 01:04 PM.
Feb 10, 2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waay

I know I have been out of the loop for a while but yeesh nobody told me there was a Twist_v2
Everyone is still trying to get past the color.
Feb 10, 2010, 01:13 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by waay

You must have missed a few pages waay. There was quite a discussion, like D.O.G said, about the color. Its hideous. Looks white in that pic but its actually a creme color. Not good

That A bom looks pretty cool. Just a twist of profile
Feb 10, 2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
You must have missed a few pages waay. There was quite a discussion, like D.O.G said, about the color. Its hideous. Looks white in that pic but its actually a creme color. Not good

That A bom looks pretty cool. Just a twist of profile
Its really twisted and has the parts to prove it.

Fixxin, Your Wind is here! Its blowing a gale.

Waldo, they just closed I 81 from I 80 south all the way to Maryland.... No good can becomes of this.
Feb 10, 2010, 01:19 PM
So the subject is women....is it? Well, I know NOTHING about that subject......not a frickn' thing.....ask my wife.....she'll tell ya! All I do know about women is that they can't exist without some type of tension in their lives....and if they don't have any.......they go out and make some!

If it wasn't for my wife I'd be a bachelor!

There's this young man in one of my classes.......28 single....owns an old farmstead (33 acres) with workshop, barn, and house. The guy's hunting dogs sit on the sofa with him. He does dishes when he needs to. He has his rifles and guns where they can easily be accessed for a quick coyote kill out any of the windows......and he tells me he's lookin' for a good woman....like my wife, but younger(he works with her)....I looked him straight in the eye and asked if he was loco! "Don't give it all up for some poontang.......it ain't worth it!" I tell him, but his eyes are glazed over and he ain't hearing me. He's thinking about snuggling up to all that softy goodness! What a waste....another perfectly good bachelor in his death throes! The effect that the female pheromones have on the opposite sex is devastating!

WELCOME MARS ROVER!
Feb 10, 2010, 01:22 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
So the subject is women....is it? Well, I know NOTHING about that subject......not a frickn' thing.....ask my wife.....she'll tell ya! All I do know about women is that they can't exist without some type of tension in their lives....and if they don't have any.......they go out and make some!

If it wasn't for my wife I'd be a bachelor!

There's this young man in one of my classes.......28 single....owns an old farmstead (33 acres) with workshop, barn, and house. The guy's hunting dogs sit on the sofa with him. He does dishes when he needs to. He has his rifles and guns where they can easily be accessed for a quick coyote kill out any of the windows......and he tells me he's lookin' for a good woman....like my wife, but younger(he works with her)....I looked him straight in the eye and asked if he was loco! "Don't give it all up for some poontang.......it ain't worth it!" I tell him, but his eyes are glazed over and he ain't hearing me. He's thinking about snuggling up to all that softy goodness! What a waste....another perfectly good bachelor in his death throes! The effect that the female pheromones have on the opposite sex is devastating!

WELCOME MARS ROVER!
LOL tell him to buy a couple wallets and head down to Home Depot or Lowes.
That was on this thread wasnt it?
Feb 10, 2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
I looked him straight in the eye and asked if he was loco! "Don't give it all up for some poontang.......it ain't worth it!" I tell him, but his eyes are glazed over and he ain't hearing me. He's thinking about snuggling up to all that softy goodness! What a waste....another perfectly good bachelor in his death throes!
There can be no good become of any of that.
Feb 10, 2010, 02:03 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
LOL Tough crowd we have here lol

Welcome Mars Rover and a quite impressive T_ _ _ T profile you got going on there we have all been waiting to see a TwOfile hmmm hard to make twofile sound like profile when it actually looks like 2file lol yes lets see some vids of her if its possible.

Daoldguy I don't think we are getting hit as hard as they said we were going to up here but I haven't heard a report yet of my area, none the less closing 81 is bad bad bad there actually thinking of shutting our evening mail runs down tonight to NYC. its only happened twice in my 25 years here.
and that was a great vid of the Tango also

Fixxin
Quote:
Really? I thought it was normal for women to but into other womens business and fight over who is right and who is wrong. Its not?
LOL I meant thats weird about the quake LOL

Snowman sounds to me like you should recruit this guy into the RC world soving 2 problems at the same time.
1 he will have a hobby he spends the rest of his time and money on. eluding a close call.
2 you'll get a partner in the RC world and sounds to me like a flying field at the same time. and you can save his soul.
after all isn't that why your studying so hard, to save lives
Just think how glorious it would be to already save your first patient before you gradiated and all.

Waay I think about a month or so now it has been out there.

Planefixer,, Great vid loved how it switched views. at first I didn't even realize it I was watching and thought Hey why is everything now moving forward and Where the did the tail go I musta blinked lol I especially loved the side view loop, I always use to have to yell to my kid to look out the side of the coaster in those loops to really get the full effect lol
Feb 10, 2010, 02:25 PM
Kit Kannibal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
Everyone is still trying to get past the color.
Just buy a V2 and re-cover it with sickly vibrant circus tent colors and don't forget the evil clown. And thanks to the Twisted for all of the welcomes.

Speaking of women, can someone draw me a sexxy vampire mermaid that would be easy to cut out of iron-on film?
Feb 10, 2010, 02:34 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Maybe like this
Feb 10, 2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe
Maybe like this
Wow... Waldo is quick with the sexy stuff.

Fed Ex pickups got cancelled at our office today, there must be something to do that.

Quick Reply