Feb 09, 2010, 10:05 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Lookin' good PB. I think you are hovering low enough. I think you just need higher ground.

I think I will get my TT60 charged up.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2010, 10:17 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Finally got to sit and watch the vids Plow...NICE HO....Down Vids!

Start tossin in some throttle management and you are going to own that bad boy.

What size prop do you have on the T__S_?
Thanks Ron. I run an OS 61FX with a Master Air Screw 12 X 7 S-2 Scimitar prop. I think I'm doing pretty good considering that I didn't start till my forties, and only a couple of years ago now. Balsabuster was an instructor, but he probably doesn't like me to tell everyone.
Feb 09, 2010, 10:37 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
David looking good mon you are going to be having some fun for sure. and I agree she was putting out some nice smoke for sure.

Snowman, Sorry buddy I don't know the meaning of cutting someone slack, why when I was 5 years old I had 6 Jobs and ate sand for food, and I was Thankful blah blah blah.. lol I know what your dealing with, well not really I just give up when things get hard. its so much more relaxing.

And of course I was addressing the whole thread when I spoke including myself, as I don't have any Ho down vids for ye'all as I'm not out there in the winter at all these days so therefore I have no right to criticize anyone. especially anyone who has posted anything with a puffy white looking tarmack. It was purely a poor motivational speach to lure some vids out of anyone for my entertainment benefit but Nomatta had already posted while I was ranting lol so oooops

Just trying to keep us alive here is all, not that we need any help at all with that lol.

Wayne lol I don't think you needed to go to Az to get away from the storm were about to be pounced with. lol

Wow plow your using a 12x7 on the 61 I thought the 13x4 was the prop of choice for that combo, unless that Scimitar prop is the key with that size.
Feb 09, 2010, 10:38 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Thanks Wayne!!

David, that was cool! I love the smoke machine! Nobody has as much fun with the hobby as you! I can't wait for the vid where you write something in the sky like, Plowboy is the Champ!! lol
Feb 09, 2010, 10:43 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Thanks Ron. I run an OS 61FX with a Master Air Screw 12 X 7 S-2 Scimitar prop. I think I'm doing pretty good considering that I didn't start till my forties, and only a couple of years ago now. Balsabuster was an instructor, but he probably doesn't like me to tell everyone.
Well I to waited until those same years as well, 2 years ago. 8) Getting instruction from someone call BalsaBuster is a brave step but it has paid off.

Those real low ones you did were spot on, burp of the throttle just before kicking the elevator and it slammed right in place.

I am not familiar with the fuel planes enough do know if it would make a difference, have you ever had a 13X6 on that set up?
Feb 09, 2010, 10:43 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post

Wayne lol I don't think you needed to go to Az to get away from the storm were about to be pounced with. lol

Wow plow your using a 12x7 on the 61 I thought the 13x4 was the prop of choice for that combo, unless that Scimitar prop is the key with that size.

Waldo, I saw the weather report! You better get those batteries all changed and provisions laid in. Don't forget you 'OL GRANDAD too!! Yeah, I like that prop. They are stiff and quiet and virtually indestructable, plus the perform very well and don't cost much.
Feb 09, 2010, 10:46 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Well I to waited until those same years as well, 2 years ago. 8) Getting instruction from someone call BalsaBuster is a brave step but it has paid off.

Those real low ones you did were spot on, burp of the throttle just before kicking the elevator and it slammed right in place.

I am not familiar with the fuel planes enough do know if it would make a difference, have you ever had a 13X6 on that set up?
It won't spool fast enough with a 13 X 6. Most guys run a 13 X 4W but I'm not real thrilled with it. Of course that engine of mine probably has close to a hundred hours on her. I have new bearings ready for her but I can't feel any slop yet.
Feb 10, 2010, 03:59 AM
Suspended Account
Snowman if I post pictures of my ez glider, with polka dots on the wings I will get into trouble again

Plowman, I mean Plowboy, you are still in first place for sure in the "ho down" good thing that was your video or I would be in third place now.
Loved the hover with the knife edge exit, good dancing BTW
very good danceing

I loved that really large plane that looked like it did a hover right after take off, that looked cool.

I am sure as the weather warms up so will the competition for the "ho down"

2010 just started

Fix did you say "seaplane" or did I miss something?
Feb 10, 2010, 08:39 AM
Hunh Go figure,,,, I will look for a scimitar prop the next time at the hobby land or maybe I'll just visit the snowman and sneak his out of the house seeing he can't find it. he'll never know I've really liked the way the 13 x 4W worked on the T_ _ _ T with the 61 and I still loved the 70 4 stroke 14 x 4 combo also.
but to me the 61 13x4 has been the best for most of the 3D stuff and so far my best flat spins have come off the 14x4 with 4 stroke.

when I woke up this mnorning and looked out the window nothin was going on, however 1 cup of Tea and a quick shower and the next time I looked out the window I saw what looked to be a white basketball fall by the window, the snowflakes looked like half dollars LOL its calmedinto regular size snow since then though. So the snow has started falling over here we are in a winter storm warning until 1am tomorrow so I brought the ol gas can with me to work as I know its going to be a snow blowin evening drats,, I was hopin to get all the ribs cut out on the Twep tonight. but were expecting about 12 inches where we live so thats not bad, just enough to be a PITA though.
Feb 10, 2010, 09:50 AM
Hey anyone ever been to a WRAM show,, They are having one here in White plains NY on the 20th and I was going to go check it out.
I was just wondering what to expect. I've never been to one.

Should I bring lots of money, planes or items to sell or trade etc,,,,,
Feb 10, 2010, 09:51 AM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Waldo, Yep the snow is coming for ya, We got around 12 inches here so you can expect that or a bit more maybe. Then at 4:00am this morning we had an earthquake. That was pretty wild. Woke me up out of a dead sleep. I think they said it was 3.8 one the scale so not a big one but this is Illinois for cryin out loud. Those are supposed to be reserved for the West side crew .

David, yes I said seaplane. Although I should have said snowplane.
Feb 10, 2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Hunh Go figure,,,, I will look for a scimitar prop the next time at the hobby land or maybe I'll just visit the snowman and sneak his out of the house seeing he can't find it. he'll never know I've really liked the way the 13 x 4W worked on the T_ _ _ T with the 61 and I still loved the 70 4 stroke 14 x 4 combo also.
but to me the 61 13x4 has been the best for most of the 3D stuff and so far my best flat spins have come off the 14x4 with 4 stroke.

when I woke up this mnorning and looked out the window nothin was going on, however 1 cup of Tea and a quick shower and the next time I looked out the window I saw what looked to be a white basketball fall by the window, the snowflakes looked like half dollars LOL its calmedinto regular size snow since then though. So the snow has started falling over here we are in a winter storm warning until 1am tomorrow so I brought the ol gas can with me to work as I know its going to be a snow blowin evening drats,, I was hopin to get all the ribs cut out on the Twep tonight. but were expecting about 12 inches where we live so thats not bad, just enough to be a PITA though.
You guys have all the fun. No snow in Arizona this morning. I packed my jacket up. I am supposed to need it when I get back to Dallas today.
Feb 10, 2010, 10:12 AM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Hey anyone ever been to a WRAM show,, They are having one here in White plains NY on the 20th and I was going to go check it out.
I was just wondering what to expect. I've never been to one.

Should I bring lots of money, planes or items to sell or trade etc,,,,,
I have never been there, it is about a 5 hour trip for me I think. 19th-21st, looks like it would be great.

We have our area swap meet coming next month, 30th year for it.
http://www.cpaa.us/

Fixxin, you get a good vibrate this morning? Where did it center from?
Feb 10, 2010, 10:22 AM
PB - this is similar to your Scimitar, right?
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s....5mm_propeller
Feb 10, 2010, 10:35 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
PB - this is similar to your Scimitar, right?
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s....5mm_propeller

I dunno, never tried one. It doesn't look the same to me. Here's what I use...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNKE0&P=0

$3.69 each.

Quick Reply