Sep 28, 2010, 11:42 AM
Lawndart
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Well, I just got in from a great day of flying! The Extra is a blast!! When I got home there was a box at the door!! My Aeroworks Freestyle is here!

Where is Dave 45? C'mon Dave don't be a candyass!! Come back and hang out man, we bust on everybody from time to time, it don't mean anything.

Does the aeroworks slab have a sheeted fuselage?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2010, 11:46 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by waay View Post
Does the aeroworks slab have a sheeted fuselage?
I haven't looked. When Jeff from AW called me I asked if it had a tube in the fuse and he, sadly, said "no". He did assure me it was still strong.
I'm sure we'll find out. I'll go look at the plane. Has your OMP arrived yet?
Sep 28, 2010, 11:59 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Yeah, it's sheeted.
Sep 28, 2010, 12:36 PM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Quote:
But I'm thinking I want smoke for my G26 Gasser and i also want to try smoke on a 55AX in my Ultimate bipe next season, so we'll see what happens I guess
Well, I see a lot of people talking about whether it works but few actually reports of the results. Since I have ordered the darn equipment, I'll try it out and report back. I think before I actually "install" it I will just hook it up and test it, first on the OS 91 FX and if that doesn't work on one of Saito equipped planes.
Last edited by u2builder; Sep 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM.
Sep 28, 2010, 12:47 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
Well, I see a lot of people talking about whether it works but few actually reports of the results. Since I have ordered the darn equipment, I'll try it out and report back. I think before I actually "install" it I will just hook it up and test it, first on the OS 91 FX and if that doesn't work on one of Saito equipped planes.

That sounds like a good plan. Would you please keep us posted here? We can have the body of your work, Eric's, and David's here to draw from.
Sep 28, 2010, 01:25 PM
Waldo, you're wise beyond your ears! As for myself, I ain't even book smart....it's just that I was told long ago to make something of myself....and so far all I'm close to being good at is sampling roasted meat. (oh, and washing my mouth out with beer between bites). What a sad testament to a life?
Sep 28, 2010, 01:35 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Waldo, you're wise beyond your ears! As for myself, I ain't even book smart....it's just that I was told long ago to make something of myself....and so far all I'm close to being good at is sampling roasted meat. (oh, and washing my mouth out with beer between bites). What a sad testament to a life?
You kidding? Roasted meat is what we should all aspire to!
Sep 28, 2010, 03:39 PM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Quote:
That sounds like a good plan. Would you please keep us posted here? We can have the body of your work, Eric's, and David's here to draw from.
Absolutely. While this thread has Twists as a common denominator, it is the best place I've found for getting info on RC, roasted me or just a good laugh.

While I am beyond the days of Twisted Smokes when my world was young, I am looking forward to Smokin Twists so I guess I am still young at heart.
Sep 28, 2010, 03:45 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Absolutely. While this thread has Twists as a common denominator, it is the best place I've found for getting info on RC, roasted me or just a good laugh.

While I am beyond the days of Twisted Smokes when my world was young, I am looking forward to Smokin Twists so I guess I am still young at heart.

I am loath to admit it, but I am beyond those days myself. But I sure loved the eighties!!
Sep 28, 2010, 03:47 PM
Hey guys, well the new bearings and stuff worked out great. Got my first flight in since the repair and my landing was kind of t---ted but I've done worse. Anyways, I thought I could get a couple more minutes in the air so I taxi'd around, hit a pothole and ripped the landing gear off.. again. It flew great on the 16x8 3-blade and Power 90 motor, though it's a bit more squirrelly since I narrowed the landing gear to raise the nose height.

Twist 60 - Flight after Motor Rebuild + Landing Gear Removal-Again (2 min 3 sec)
Sep 28, 2010, 03:52 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Jcay, dude those potholes have to go!! Go by Home Depot on the way to the field and grab a bag of sand or dirt or something and fill those things in! That's gotta drive you crazy!!
Sep 28, 2010, 03:52 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaywood View Post
Hey guys, well the new bearings and stuff worked out great. Got my first flight in since the repair and my landing was kind of t---ted but I've done worse. Anyways, I thought I could get a couple more minutes in the air so I taxi'd around, hit a pothole and ripped the landing gear off.. again. It flew great on the 16x8 3-blade and Power 90 motor, though it's a bit more squirrelly since I narrowed the landing gear to raise the nose height.
Cool! Another aggressive East coast flyer, Waldo we are getting help with our side of the rock.

I really hate pot holes!
Sep 28, 2010, 05:28 PM
3d NOOBular
haha... bye bye landing gear! Its just a flesh wound!
Sep 28, 2010, 06:04 PM
Suspended Account
Perry pumps sell a complete system. I phoned them becaue their web site was little confuseing. the guy was cool and confirmed how to install it. He even asked which engine I had etc. to make sure it would work.

That orriginal twist 40 meant alot to me, it was my first "gas" plane and i will miss that absolutely beautifull plane. I must admit those checkered polka dots were kind of cool and unusual lol I watch my own videos at home alone all the time That plane was a good one to me.

Smoke system I will never ever want todo ever ever again. Had a connection on the form release stuff for free, and then 50% deisel fuel. should of added some of that after market lead hehehe Hooked it up to a three way switch on the rx so , OFF, 1/2 on(or dependeing on the calibration), then full release. A little 2-3 oz tank seems to give off lots of smoke but should of added some air oil as Kerwin mentioned to make it reddish or some color. My video didnot show the actual flying and smoke system working because my camera did not pick up the smoke very well.

I could go on but other things were,
it is really messy, and it can get on your hands etc. Tapping the muffler had to be done by my mechanic, I have no tools like that. he did it for a pizza

Some of my lines were splitting after sitting when first tested..
mounting servo for smoke system should not be done with two sided tape

To buy smoke fuel that is meant for it I would of needed to buy a case of it to make any dealer send me some. That might of been the smartest thing I could of done

It needs the servo to be mounted correctly and new lines.
Maybe I will try one more time to make that twisted smoke video I always dreamed of. Not FPV, that is for sure. the 125 is like a harly davidson
Last edited by David22; Sep 28, 2010 at 06:10 PM.
Sep 28, 2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Eric, sounds like you tried pretty much what I am planning. Your results sound discouraging. Still, I decided to order the Mac's system because it is fairly inexpensive and I would really like some smoke and don't have any gasser sized planes and not sure I want to go gas anyway. I think I will try it on my .91 FX 2S first, if that doesn't work maybe move it over to a Saito 4S as the muffs tend to run pretty hot on a 4S.

Haha, you said muff.

I was going to put the system on my Saito 1.80 until I realized how hard it was on the fuel lines and crap. It just wasn't worth it for me. A friend of mine had a 91FX that he did smoke on and it wasn't too bad. The little .40 doesn't smoke for crap but maybe the .91 will do alright.

-Eric

Quick Reply