Sep 01, 2010, 10:49 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_45
Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, it's on now!!

I just got my first foamy recently and now my first profile! Oh and my Extra is my first giant scale gasser too. Lots of firsts for me lately!!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2010, 08:04 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Wow fun stuff going on here. Quadcopter is killer LOL

Congrats on the maiden Harttvboy excellent

enjoy the gumbo plowbo
Sep 02, 2010, 11:38 AM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
Oh yeah, it's on now!!

I just got my first foamy recently and now my first profile! Oh and my Extra is my first giant scale gasser too. Lots of firsts for me lately!!
Plow, you fightin the trend: going from BIG (Extra) to small (foamy). Everybody seems to be going big nowadays.

I think you are gonna have a blast with the Profile. If you are in a building mood sometime I'd recommend the Primo 40. Funnest most amazing plane I have ever owned (got a half dozen Profiles, and love em all).
Sep 02, 2010, 11:51 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder
Plow, you fightin the trend: going from BIG (Extra) to small (foamy). Everybody seems to be going big nowadays.

I think you are gonna have a blast with the Profile. If you are in a building mood sometime I'd recommend the Primo 40. Funnest most amazing plane I have ever owned (got a half dozen Profiles, and love em all).
Thanks, U2 old friend. Glad to see you keeping your hand in here, BTW.
I really want the Extra Extra V2 70" for my 1.80. It's a short kit and I just haven't ever gotten to the point where I don't have something else that I want to do with my time and money more. Maybe this winter. The primo is a 60 size right? How does it compare to the moass? Won't I need a 1.25 for that?

The foamy is a friggin' blast! I should have gotten one sooner and I suspect I'll feel the same way about the profile.
Sep 02, 2010, 11:55 AM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
I really want the Extra Extra V2 70" for my 1.80.
What is the Extra V2?
Sep 02, 2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:

I saw that you said you didn't want to get paypal...

I didn't either. I had to buy a textbook a few semesters back with paypal. You can, apparently, use a credit card or debit card to pay someone thru paypal without actually getting an account.

-Eric
Sep 02, 2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04
I saw that you said you didn't want to get paypal...

I didn't either. I had to buy a textbook a few semesters back with paypal. You can, apparently, use a credit card or debit card to pay someone thru paypal without actually getting an account.

-Eric
I got to have one of these....

My paypal has my buyers protection AMEX and a Bank card that I only have toy money in so if it is comp'd, I am protected and or limited damage.
Sep 02, 2010, 01:09 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Quote:
Thanks, U2 old friend. Glad to see you keeping your hand in here, BTW.
I really want the Extra Extra V2 70" for my 1.80. It's a short kit and I just haven't ever gotten to the point where I don't have something else that I want to do with my time and money more. Maybe this winter. The primo is a 60 size right? How does it compare to the moass? Won't I need a 1.25 for that?

The foamy is a friggin' blast! I should have gotten one sooner and I suspect I'll feel the same way about the profile.
There are 40 and 60 sizes for primo and mojo.

http://www.swanyshouse.com/primo/construction.aspx
Sep 02, 2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
There are 40 and 60 sizes for primo and mojo.

http://www.swanyshouse.com/primo/construction.aspx
We have a couple Mojo 60's local, Mars Rover has his Primo 40 flying, my Primo 40 is still in the "kit" form.
Sep 02, 2010, 02:18 PM
WOW talk about TV's mine to took a dive but I went to the thrift store an bought a 27 inch for 25 dollars.
With everyone buying those flat screens you can get an old one at the thrift store really cheap, which means more rc stuff
Sep 02, 2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
WOW talk about TV's mine to took a dive but I went to the thrift store an bought a 27 inch for 25 dollars.
With everyone buying those flat screens you can get an old one at the thrift store really cheap, which means more rc stuff

If you lived closer I have a nice 27 <spare> I would have given you..... It is like Computer CRT monitors, can't give them away.
Sep 02, 2010, 02:52 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
I gave away a 27" Sony XBR. Stereo sound bass booster, PIP, 16 channel tile, instant replay, freeze frame, blah, blah, blah... It was great in 1994? I was rejected by Neilsen ratings because my TV system was too "technically difficult". It weighs a bout 80 pounds.

I had a 36" JVC that died after about 14 years.

I think the 36" JVC LCD is about 8 pounds. Mom's 32" Vizio is about 6 pounds.

Technology...

I remember when I started working in electronics, we had 8" floppy disks for storage that held 128KB of data. I was looking for SDHC memory cards and they are up to 32GB micro sd cards the size of my little fingernail! I am soooooo old.
Last edited by waynemia; Sep 02, 2010 at 03:01 PM.
Sep 02, 2010, 09:06 PM
Montana Transplant
new fuel pump in the YS tonight... tomorrow we'll find out if it works...

good night all... have a good flying weekend... I have to work
Sep 02, 2010, 09:51 PM
Dang East coast hurricane is threatening us with high winds Sat. It prolly will hit Waldo Sun. Got a 3 day weekend and have to battle winds and storms.

Quick Reply