Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:39 AM
DaOldGuy is online now
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Well boys and girls, an ELECTRIC replacement for a 110cc engine at 20+ Hp. Says it will take a 70V power pack with a 250A ESC. Power at 225A and 70V is 15,750W!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14427
WHOA
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:10 AM
jacklegchris is offline
Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Hardrock Miner
jacklegchris's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Well boys and girls, an ELECTRIC replacement for a 110cc engine at 20+ Hp. Says it will take a 70V power pack with a 250A ESC. Power at 225A and 70V is 15,750W!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14427
Can you say arc welder?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 07:00 PM
davecrash is offline
Find More Posts by davecrash
Fly now crash later
davecrash's Avatar
were getting into some lethal electical power here.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:28 PM
waynemia is online now
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Yea, my first thought was the size of the wires and connectors to carry that kind of current! And the batteries!! 19S and 200A for say 10min? 2000A x 6 = 12,000,000mAh So a 300,000mAh pack at 40C should be enough if my math is right.

My Watt's Up meter is only 100A. My Turnigy goes to 130A.

I think you would have to put two Turnigy meters in parallel to work that motor but the wires are too little.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:48 PM
snowman is offline
Find More Posts by snowman
Registered User
Hey fellas! How the hell are ya all? Where's Waldo? Plow, you still here?

Hoby loby has failed me..........backordered my parts till who knows when! No where else to get the 2.3mm to 2mm shaft adaptor!

Last year of college started today............RN degree is just 9 months away.......and that's it for me! The job is going well, but as you can imagine......working and going to school full time will fill my waking hours with everything but flying. I hope you're all healthy and content! Peace.

Snowman
Old Aug 31, 2010, 08:58 PM
plowboy1966 is offline
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Hey fellas! How the hell are ya all? Where's Waldo? Plow, you still here?

Hoby loby has failed me..........backordered my parts till who knows when! No where else to get the 2.3mm to 2mm shaft adaptor!

Last year of college started today............RN degree is just 9 months away.......and that's it for me! The job is going well, but as you can imagine......working and going to school full time will fill my waking hours with everything but flying. I hope you're all healthy and content! Peace.

Snowman
Good to see you snowman! Get her done man!!



Bob, what the heck happened to your phone?



Question for everyone. As some of you know, I'm pretty cheap (read, not wealthy) and I've been using the same big 'ol TV for a looooong time. I'm thinking I'd like a nice big LCD TV for this football season. Any thoughts on the best ones? I saw some nice ones at Walmart a while back. Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:16 PM
Dave_45 is offline
Find More Posts by Dave_45
Registered User
Plow,
I have couple of 32 inch Sonys I bought from Walmart. Real nice picture and sound, great for video games!!!!

Big enough to look nice and still easy enough to find a place for.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:17 PM
Dave_45 is offline
Find More Posts by Dave_45
Registered User
I just ordered the Aeroworks 40 sized profile, an OS 55AX, some F plugs, etc. Gonna make that thing Rock!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:21 PM
plowboy1966 is offline
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_45 View Post
I just ordered the Aeroworks 40 sized profile, an OS 55AX, some F plugs, etc. Gonna make that thing Rock!

Dude!! I'm about to pull the trigger on one of those myself!! Really, I was telling NoMatta that just this morning and then his phone cut off. I have a Saito 72 that I'm thinking about using. Do you think that will be enough?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:36 PM
waynemia is online now
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_45 View Post
I just ordered the Aeroworks 40 sized profile, an OS 55AX, some F plugs, etc. Gonna make that thing Rock!
The F plugs are not for the 55 are they?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 09:59 PM
Dave_45 is offline
Find More Posts by Dave_45
Registered User
Plow,
the way I figure it, the plane has the same wing area as the TT40 and is projected to weigh the same so anything that will rock the Twist should do great in the 260 Freestyle. Sexy lookin' plane, huh

Wayne,
Some of the profilers that use the 55AX alot, Guys like McDDD, discovered the F plug solves some of the transition problems associated with the AX series. I'm going to put one on my 75AX too.

Yeah baby! This one is gonna be awesome!!!!
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:06 PM
rccardude04 is offline
Find More Posts by rccardude04
3.14159265358979323846264
rccardude04's Avatar
Type F plug?

A friend of mine is having trouble with a 75AX. It's not broken in yet but I may have him buy one to see how it goes.

-Eric
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:16 PM
mt_flyer is offline
Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Hey fellas! How the hell are ya all? Where's Waldo? Plow, you still here?

Hoby loby has failed me..........backordered my parts till who knows when! No where else to get the 2.3mm to 2mm shaft adaptor!

Last year of college started today............RN degree is just 9 months away.......and that's it for me! The job is going well, but as you can imagine......working and going to school full time will fill my waking hours with everything but flying. I hope you're all healthy and content! Peace.

Snowman
what kind of adapters are you looking for...I have several different types for electrics from old shop stock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_45 View Post
Plow,
I have couple of 32 inch Sonys I bought from Walmart. Real nice picture and sound, great for video games!!!!

Big enough to look nice and still easy enough to find a place for.
Dave 45, I have a 32" VIZIO HD (Walmart) in the RV (our home on wheels)... it is great and get hauled all over the country.. BTW.. it is connected to a PS3 and Phillips surround sound... love it
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:19 PM
mt_flyer is offline
Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
...
Last edited by mt_flyer; Aug 31, 2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 10:30 PM
waynemia is online now
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_45 View Post
Plow,
the way I figure it, the plane has the same wing area as the TT40 and is projected to weigh the same so anything that will rock the Twist should do great in the 260 Freestyle. Sexy lookin' plane, huh

Wayne,
Some of the profilers that use the 55AX alot, Guys like McDDD, discovered the F plug solves some of the transition problems associated with the AX series. I'm going to put one on my 75AX too.

Yeah baby! This one is gonna be awesome!!!!
I ain't gonna say it won't but I too think you should be able to use one of the two stroke plugs. The #7 will give you more heat if you think you need it.

http://osengines.com/accys/glowplugs.html


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 55 Sep 16, 2016 05:53 PM
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 08:45 AM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 03:28 AM