twist v2 will be just plain but with 61 on it

so I should have three twists

Now that is Twistaholic or what

Hope to see winds that no one at my club flys durring but me hehehe

twist 60 is all charged up and ready to rumble
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2010, 02:19 AM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Well Plowboy, if you haven't already taken your computer down, here are the repair pics of the Extra. All done except the baffling for the cowl.

Pics should be self explanitory. Total weight gain 2.5 oz.

Taking the Edge, Ultra Stick (or YAK) and eT---t out to McMinnville tomorrow. Happy flying everyone.
Aug 28, 2010, 07:50 AM
Flying Half Pound and Down
That is fun stuff Bob.... I have an up side down 35% Extra on my bench, doing the same thing.
Aug 28, 2010, 09:01 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
That's pretty friggin' awesome Bob!! I waited to take down the computer because I wanted to see the pics. Nice work, as usual!! You da man!

BTW, the club picnic is today from 10-2, lunch at noon. It looks like a very nice day right now. I haven't checked the forecast for wind yet, but I just flew my foamy and it was very calm up here.

Did you future son in law make it back from Irac last night?
Aug 28, 2010, 10:52 AM
Yep - He's home now. Met him at the airport last night. Probably miss the picnic as I,m heading out to the other field today. Had a little excitement on the way to the airport last night. Had a shooting at the max station (you know -- the crime train) at the bottom of the hill as we were driving by. Daughter and I were the only ones to call 911. At least it was non fatal. Not really anymore info so far, except we were the only ones calling it in. Scary when gunshots are common enough that no one reacts. I'll call you later on this afternoon and see how you are doing.
Aug 28, 2010, 12:21 PM
Suspended Account
Someone took a picture of me when I was not looking, putting my wing on the twist 60.
Aug 28, 2010, 02:28 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22
Someone took a picture of me when I was not looking, putting my wing on the twist 60.
Where's the pokie dots?
Aug 28, 2010, 03:24 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Computer is coming down...Plow out.
Aug 28, 2010, 03:48 PM
Suspended Account
Only one side gets the polka dots Wayne.

Will for sure fly stock colors with the v2 and see how it looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
Where's the pokie dots?
Aug 28, 2010, 04:05 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22

so I should have three twists

Now that is Twistaholic or what
Three in my hanger

Dan...sorry, I never ran it so I just dont have any input for ya.
Last edited by Dad_Roman; Aug 28, 2010 at 04:21 PM.
Aug 28, 2010, 05:12 PM
One of our club members, known simply as "Wild Bill" suprised us today with a brand new Twist 60 sporting a brand new OS 95 AX ringer. Shortly after the maiden trim flights, he was putting me to shame with some rock solid hovers.

Wayne, before you say it..... There is video, so it really happened. I got to pull it off the camera, but what a rock solid set up hovering under half throttle.
Aug 28, 2010, 08:12 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
One of our club members, known simply as "Wild Bill" suprised us today with a brand new Twist 60 sporting a brand new OS 95 AX ringer. Shortly after the maiden trim flights, he was putting me to shame with some rock solid hovers.

Wayne, before you say it..... There is video, so it really happened. I got to pull it off the camera, but what a rock solid set up hovering under half throttle.
That 95AX is a real bear! We have a guy that has one on a Dragon Lady and it is terrific.

I rigged up the EZ* for one of those smoke cartridges. http://www.regin.com/rcsmoke.html

I have set it up with a remote ignition. There is a little mount that goes on the bottom of the plane. We will see if it survives the first landing with the EZ*. I may just do a catch. Anyway, I did a test ignition and that thing gets going immediately and there is a loud pop! I will have pictures tomorrow for sure. The setup and flight. I think it is going to be just on the nose heavy side so that will work. The remote switch is one from HobbyCity I modified. I have a 2s, 360mA lipo for the ignition power. I put it on channel 5.

I test burned one of the cartridges and it should get 3 to 4 minutes of ORANGE smoke. So, smoke bomb on a foam airplane... This could be interesting.... I ordered a new EZ* kit just in case this is a one-shot deal.

I am going all electric tomorrow - Pitts M12, Electrostik, Zagi, and EZ*.
Aug 28, 2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
That 95AX is a real bear! We have a guy that has one on a Dragon Lady and it is terrific.

I rigged up the EZ* for one of those smoke cartridges. http://www.regin.com/rcsmoke.html

I have set it up with a remote ignition. There is a little mount that goes on the bottom of the plane. We will see if it survives the first landing with the EZ*. p
I must know more about your set up here, this looks very cool!!!! Details please.

That OS 95 is very sweet! It is the fastest Twist I have seen.

I got my first flight on the Seagull Edge 540 today, I have the OS BX1 1.08 on it and it is dialed in nice...
Aug 28, 2010, 09:27 PM
Nevermind
Last edited by rccardude04; Aug 29, 2010 at 11:29 AM.
Aug 28, 2010, 09:37 PM
Nevermind.
Last edited by NoMatta; Aug 29, 2010 at 09:56 AM.

Quick Reply