Jul 10, 2018, 07:09 PM
Fixn........you ever fly one of those?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2018, 08:19 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Fixn........you ever fly one of those?
on realflight a few times. I saw them at ETOC in Toledo one year and thought I had to have one but after looking into how complicated the variable pitch setup and controls were I got frustrated in a hurry. Had alot of trouble getting use to "throttle off" being in the middle of the throttle range. When you panic and throttle back youre powering backwards....if you can follow that.

Remember that year Ron? D.O.G
Jul 10, 2018, 09:35 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Wow! Waldo's collection. It should ne in a museum.
Jul 10, 2018, 10:20 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Hi Plow, How's life?
Jul 12, 2018, 10:34 AM
I wonder what happened to DOG? I know he has a new job, but I thought he was getting back into RC in a big way?!

I, on the other hand, have been using my RC skills. I installed a battery, receiver, ESC, motor, and a prop in my cherry tree.........yes, my cherry tree.......the damn seagulls have been feasting on my crop........so the last straw had me mounting that old Zagi configuration in the middle of the tree and when a seagull came anywhere near it.......I floored the throttle and scared the crap (free fertilizer) out of 'em.........works like a charm........sure I wasted a lot of time watching my tree, but my wife arrived with the deterrent owl decoy in hand.....you know the one........the one with the head that rotates like the girl from the "Exorcist" ......so far so good. The cherries will be at their best in the middle of next week.

Last night's rain showers caused some more extensive flooding in the area..........the roads haven't been fixed from the "Father's Day Flood".........as it's come to be known. Many of the surrounding waterways are now polluted and there is a swimming and fishing ban in effect. Lake Superior was even contaminated near shore.........crazy rains.

I'm almost healed......should be back at in a few weeks..........that's a long time to have an open wound.........since the middle of February.

Well, that's it from here.........boring, I know.......but what the hell......it's my life.
Jul 12, 2018, 01:41 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
haha, thats an ingenious idea. Seagulls can be quite pesky for sure. Hopefully the demon owl will do the trick for ya.
Great to hear your healing up well.
Not boring at all, I look forward to reading my TT newsletter everyday.
Jul 12, 2018, 06:53 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Hi Snowy..... I has NO new job, I have a few part time jobs.

I am trying to get back into RC a bit since I had some time on my hands but it seem, most of that is getting sucked up by other things.

One of my part time jobs has had be driving all over the dang place, I was in Orchid Park NY (north east) at 8:45 this morning... That is a lot of shixxy 2 lane roads through the mountains..... with many side orders of road construction.

I did have a week in southern Illinois that had me completely analog and too dang warm... 109 heat index.... silly weather
Jul 12, 2018, 08:13 PM
Well, my friend, I hope you are making a go of it regardless. You left the job you had for while, though, yes? I might be losing my mind.........dealing with seagulls and critters........and heat..........did I ever tell ya that fat men, like myself, don't do well in heat?! Glad you're still here though........even if you are only lurking!
Jul 14, 2018, 12:53 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta
Hi Plow, How's life?
Hey Bob! I miss you man!!
Jul 15, 2018, 07:52 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Well, I picked up a Kadet Sr. Sport, ready to fly - never flown, today. It has Hitec servos, Evolution 10cc gas engine, Spektrum, rx (you can't have everything I guess), a Spektrum DX9 Black Edition with case . I also got a Spektrum DX8 with case, another case big enough for two TX, field box with power panel and electric pump, lots of tools, a partial can of 20/20 fuel, an accessory bag (nearly new), some extra servos and extensions, a spray bottle/paper towel holder, electric starter, two chargers, misc charge plugs, balance boards, two 2200, 3S batteries, and a lot of big propellers.

Denton swap meet is in three weeks.
Jul 15, 2018, 08:14 PM
Ernie........man, I'm dying for some pics of the Tri-City Flyers!!

Wayne, is that Denton swap meet for Ham Radio or RC stuff?

Well, the owl in the cherry tree worked for two days.........then one seagull would try to distract the decoy while the other gulped down cherries...........SOOOOO.......I made a mock-up of a dead seagull and wired it to the claws of the owl........that worked for a day........tonight we got home from an ice cream run to those damn seagulls trying once again to eat their fill..........well, needless to say.......I scared them off........and tomorrow will be the last day and the tree we will have picked clean. Seagulls didn't get the best of us this year.........if gulls weren't protected........I'd have everyone of 'em dead on the ground will a pellet in their skull. But that's our Federal government for ya..........protecting flying rats!
Jul 15, 2018, 09:54 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
RC Stuff
Jul 16, 2018, 04:21 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Ernie........man, I'm dying for some pics of the Tri-City Flyers!!

Wayne, is that Denton swap meet for Ham Radio or RC stuff?

Well, the owl in the cherry tree worked for two days.........then one seagull would try to distract the decoy while the other gulped down cherries...........SOOOOO.......I made a mock-up of a dead seagull and wired it to the claws of the owl........that worked for a day........tonight we got home from an ice cream run to those damn seagulls trying once again to eat their fill..........well, needless to say.......I scared them off........and tomorrow will be the last day and the tree we will have picked clean. Seagulls didn't get the best of us this year.........if gulls weren't protected........I'd have everyone of 'em dead on the ground will a pellet in their skull. But that's our Federal government for ya..........protecting flying rats!
haha, you are very inventive my friend. Staying focused I see,

Wayne, I sent you a pm
Jul 16, 2018, 05:00 PM
I'm still trying to finish picking the cherries, but do you know how hard the wind has to blow to make a 300+ lb, rugged, aging individual to feel uneasy on the top of a 10' step ladder.....pretty darn hard! (So I came in to take a break.) Now I'm heading out to finish this tree off!
Jul 16, 2018, 05:18 PM
And they keep on coming!

Quick Reply