Dec 29, 2017, 06:57 PM
Well guys my little quad died today. The main board went bad. I call horizon tonight around 5:30 and they are sending me a new board.
What's curious is they knew my name an address even though I wow using my wife's phone.
I'm so glad I didn't have to send it in. Not only would it take longer but I would of had to pay postage one way.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2017, 09:43 PM
Death to Horriblezon Hobby! Your quad is doomed...........muhahahaha! Filthy traitor! muhahahaha.......... eat **** and die you corporate dogs and sons of bottom-line bitches! (Yes, I can hold a grudge.........or in other terms.........I can learn from my mistakes!)
Dec 30, 2017, 07:52 AM
Snowy shut the door, it's cold down here. I know your mad about me an horizon hobbies, but please shut that door. No more cold.
I still haven't got my room cleaned yet an the green machine is still awaiting the table.
It's all Waldo's fault. He needs to get busy an that way I will get inspired.
Dec 30, 2017, 04:39 PM
I'm sorry that's it's too cold for you Kerwin.....you just might want to haul your carcass South and quit your bitchin'! *Some people!*
Dec 30, 2017, 05:57 PM
Hell snowy, even Wayne is cold. Be nice.
Dec 30, 2017, 07:25 PM
Wayne is never cold..........he's always in shorts!!!! Who are you trying to kid?
Dec 31, 2017, 10:01 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Well happy New Year's Eve day kids
We plan on sitting in the warm toasty house all day and night and all day tomorrow. we stocked up finger foods that we cook all day like mini hot dogs wrapped in blankets, bacon wrapped scallops and steak, etc etc... so it will be a beautiful New Year's Day. It might n old guys way of celebrating the new year but -5 with wind chills to -30 I ain't a going out there unless I have to lol

Have a fantastic New Years everyone good luck and stay warm
Dec 31, 2017, 10:06 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Snowman I think your ice fishing season is now upon you or Or is it still too early to walk on that lake yet ?

Kerwin Good luck with the horrible H board and mini quad lol and yes Waldo's shop will hopefully soon be rocking away

I can't say I've ever heard of Wayne being cold even though I think I've seen a pic or 2 over the years with him in a sweater or jacket on but still wearing shorts lol
Dec 31, 2017, 10:09 AM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Waldo... you plan smells just like ours... We have nothing planned, I smoked a 10 lb pork shoulder last night, going to shred that bad boy, have a nice dinner and a few coronas and chill. Some of the best plans are the ones that need little planning.
Dec 31, 2017, 08:35 PM
DOG........we used up the rest of the ham and made a batch of Easter sausage packed in Summer sausage casings........(don't ask). We had a white-sauce based ham and potato dish that is bound to clog the ol veins and arterioles.....but it sure tasted fine. Broke out the cheap champagne and made a few Black Russian chasers.......I've got a low-level buzz going on.....and there's still vodka in the bottle! I hope you all have a Happy New Year......!!!!
Dec 31, 2017, 10:24 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Happy New Year everyone.

I started to write a post earlier and then I lost focus.

I am, perhaps, a bit more cold sensitive as I get older - maybe. I did fly a couple of days ago in the 40s. Seems colder since I got my haircut.

I have been out in the shop working on planes the last couple of days.

I cracked the CF gear on my 50cc Extra last time. I did not see it until I took the gear off. I lost a wheel and had to do a one wheel landing. This happened once before and I thought I had everything tight but it has been a while. I took the axles off and had to drill out the grub screw on the other wheel collar to get it off.

I decided to make it bulletproof. I prepared new wheel collars then drilled holes through them and the axle. I put clip pins in for now. I will probably put lacing wire in later. It will have to be Houdini to come off.

I have new gear on order. I have other things to do on it but it is easier to work on with the gear on it.

I finished a Tundra today. Just need to balance it. I put a gyro receiver in it and it has a reversing ESC so I had to have 8 channels. The receiver only had 7 so I used a three slot S.Bus decoder. The elevator and rudder needed extensions anyway so I put them on the decoder and the control for the ESC direction in the other slot. The reversing ESC lets you back up when on floats. It came with flying wires for the tail but they put thin plastic mounts on the ends of a CF strip. The plastic ends broke when I folded them for the mounting. I will have to make something else.

I sold my Easy Star II to a friend so I think I will work on my Cularis tomorrow. I want to redo the throws on it, put in a telemetry receiver, add GPS, Barometer, and Extra battery sensors to it. This will give me vario functions, altitude, speed, distance flown, distance to home, and rate of ascent and descent. It is more a chance to play with technology than anything else.

After that, I want to get that senior telemaster completed so I can get it out of the shop. It takes up more room than my 50cc Extra.

I think I need to finish a plane a month next year. I really want to assemble the Rascal 110. I have a lot in boxes. I need to maiden the ones that are finished - an Auto-G2 and a SpeedFreak Outlaw.

I was hoping for snow but it didn't happen.We didn't have any last year either.

I do plan to fly something tomorrow, even if it just around the yard.
Dec 31, 2017, 10:30 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
DOG........we used up the rest of the ham and made a batch of Easter sausage packed in Summer sausage casings........(don't ask).
What the schnitzel is going on here.... You really didn't think saying "don't ask" would be effective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
We had a white-sauce based ham and potato dish that is bound to clog the ol veins and arterioles.....but it sure tasted fine. Broke out the cheap champagne and made a few Black Russian chasers.......I've got a low-level buzz going on.....and there's still vodka in the bottle! I hope you all have a Happy New Year......!!!!
Happy New Year to you all as well... what you may remember.
Dec 31, 2017, 11:20 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Doing New Year's eve the old guy style. Just laying around. Tomorrow still unplanned except for a killer lasagne dinner at my business partner's house.

Happy New Year all!!
Jan 01, 2018, 09:19 AM
Wayne I'm glad you didn't tear your plane up losing a wheel
Well my new years eve was shot. My car wouldn't start. -6.
I tried to get a buddy to run by an get me some starting fluid but he had to go rescue his wife and then head off to a party.
I had ran the battery down trying to start it so I brought the battery in an put it on the charger
Uggg I do not like pt cruisers if they will not start below zero.
Happy new year everyone.
Jan 01, 2018, 11:59 AM
Wayne.......if you don't get around to building that Rascal 110........I'd consider purchasing from you!!!!!! I just never got around to buying/building one of those....it might even get me back into flying!! I'll keep holding my breath.

DOG.......to make a long story short.......a woman gave me her recipe for Easter sausage last year.......and I never delivered her a promised sample.......I felt so bad that I made a batch.....and since casings aren't available here, this time of year, ........I had to make do........long story short.........I fulfilled my promise.........and no, I didn't even get tipsy last night........just a little "glow".

Happy New Year Y'all!

Kerwin, did you forget my phone number?

Quick Reply