Nov 07, 2017, 03:48 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
Here is a short video of our new field. This is designated 6TS2 by the FAA. We are still working on it but we made the first
Ok... I will ask.. Why does a model airplane field need the FAA involved, much less be assigned a number? Ultralight activities?

Snow and Sleet today... not so much happy to see that as of yet. too warm to stick.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2017, 09:28 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
It doesn't. This is a private full-scale runway and the owners are allowing us to fly there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
Ok... I will ask.. Why does a model airplane field need the FAA involved, much less be assigned a number? Ultralight activities?

Snow and Sleet today... not so much happy to see that as of yet. too warm to stick.
Nov 08, 2017, 07:09 PM
Quote:
It doesn't. This is a private full-scale runway and the owners are allowing us to fly there.
Ah... I was wondering, that makes sense. Those are nice when they don't have a lot of traffic like the one SCRC is at.

They are either mowing or planes or landing... serious hard to get flying time when everyone wants to do their thing on the nice days.
Nov 09, 2017, 08:12 AM
We need a snow report from the Snowman! I hear that he may have gotten some snow.
Nov 12, 2017, 02:34 PM
Here ya go........"snow report".
Nov 12, 2017, 05:59 PM
We got kicked off the new field. They thought we were only going to fly one weekend a month. The guy that was getting free hay also complained. I am done. I will just renew with the other club and let this one go. Too much drama.

I went to a float fly today as a spectator. I have some video I will post later.

Here is one of the Turbine planes from the new club.
Nov 12, 2017, 07:02 PM

Turbine Jet Video

One of the turbine jets that fly at the new club.

Thunderbirds RC Club - Turbine Jet (1 min 13 sec)
Nov 14, 2017, 06:17 AM
Quote:
We got kicked off the new field. They thought we were only going to fly one weekend a month. The guy that was getting free hay also complained. I am done. I will just renew with the other club and let this one go. Too much drama.

I went to a float fly today as a spectator. I have some video I will post later.

Here is one of the Turbine planes from the new club.
Finding a flying field without drama is like a mythical unicorn. Sorry to hear that Wayne, but seems we hear that a lot. Not that I have had time to fly but the club I am a member of has been taken over by Quad racing and they have no rules, they fly from any where and fly anywhere. No need for flightlines or rules
Nov 15, 2017, 11:59 AM
This here is one mighty slow thread.......compared to what it once was!!!
Nov 15, 2017, 01:14 PM
Just posted a video of my recently finished twist 60 flying on YouTube. She’s a little nose heavy with an OS FS120! All I have right now is a GoPro hero 5 for recording video. Anyone know what is a better ground camera with good zoom at 1080p?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMl..._8vOH40_1K3cQA
Nov 15, 2017, 01:50 PM
Nice video Hatala8..........might want to keep in mind that you can easily tear that airframe apart doing any high-speed to high-alpha transitioning. This air frame is designed to keep things slow and in high-alpha......those barn door control surfaces just can't handle the high-speed stuff. That being said......you're going to have a blast when you get it balanced out!!! Keep up the good work!
Nov 15, 2017, 09:16 PM
The 60 is a tad tougher... BANG IT.. 8)
Nov 16, 2017, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Nice video Hatala8..........might want to keep in mind that you can easily tear that airframe apart doing any high-speed to high-alpha transitioning. This air frame is designed to keep things slow and in high-alpha......those barn door control surfaces just can't handle the high-speed stuff. That being said......you're going to have a blast when you get it balanced out!!! Keep up the good work!
Thank you! Iím going to buy a camcorder with better zoom soon and the videos will be much better!
Nov 17, 2017, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatala.8
Thank you! Iím going to buy a camcorder with better zoom soon and the videos will be much better!
I use a Sony AX-53
Nov 20, 2017, 11:48 AM
This thread is getting even SLOWER! Ugh!

Quick Reply