Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 19, 2010, 09:10 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Dad_Roman's Avatar
Maidened Dustins Electrifly L39 tonite. Sweet flyer.

Time to take the FJ to the next level....next stop...Dons WICKED

Parts arriving left and right for the T2... 3 motors now in the shop for it One 55AX and two 4250's.

Batts in route with the new radial
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2010, 09:25 PM
Registered User
balsabuster2004's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
Balsabuster, I assume you're flying from FPV?
No, just eyeballs. When the Horiz stab becomes a dot, and then starts dissapearing, I come back down. Overcast - Sunny days make for much better videos.
Jun 19, 2010, 11:15 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
Shane, nothing but nothing sounds like a big radial! Which one did you get, that big one from HK? You're gonna have a badas plane there!


Ron, I'm having the whole 9C delima too. PCM is much better than PPM. I'm gonna start with the Spektrum module and see what happens, I am trying it out on an Ultra Stick first.
Jun 19, 2010, 11:19 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post

Ron, I'm having the whole 9C delima too. PCM is much better than PPM. I'm gonna start with the Spektrum module and see what happens, I am trying it out on an Ultra Stick first.
My Back up Hitec TX will be here the 25thish, it is coming with a new Spectrum Module, I will be on that same path.
Jun 20, 2010, 12:08 AM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
I'll be sure to relate my experience.
Jun 20, 2010, 12:11 AM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
NoMatta's Avatar
Starting to look like a flyin' day tomorrow
Jun 20, 2010, 12:16 AM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta View Post
Starting to look like a flyin' day tomorrow
Weather said NO Wind for Sat and it blew a gail, Sunday starts a 4mph and hits 10 by noon, since it is weather oposite weekend, I hope this means calm.
Jun 20, 2010, 12:22 AM
3.14159265358979323846264
rccardude04's Avatar
We had 23mph wind today so I decided to practice my big pretty loops as well as huge circles parallel to the ground while maintaining a constant radius. Trying to make circles in the wind is hard!

Also, I got a couple good torque rolls in today without really freaking out so I decided to go for a harrier roll about 30 feet off the ground.

Note to self, if you start pulling out inverted, keep pushing the stick forwards. Don't change your mind 8 times 3 feet off the ground or else you'll end up with the gear broken out, a hole in the wing, and 3 hours of gluing.

-Eric
Jun 20, 2010, 12:26 AM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post

Note to self, if you start pulling out inverted, keep pushing the stick forwards. Don't change your mind 8 times 3 feet off the ground or else you'll end up with the gear broken out, a hole in the wing, and 3 hours of gluing.

-Eric
I would say you are luck, 8 mistakes at a 1/2 mistake high.
Jun 20, 2010, 12:28 AM
3.14159265358979323846264
rccardude04's Avatar
LOL It was more like ... 3. Down, no up, no down, OK OK UP!!! UP UP UP!!!! *thud*

Even screwed up my Graph Tech Carbon gear.

-Eric
Jun 20, 2010, 01:40 AM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
What plane Eric?



Bob, I concur!
Jun 20, 2010, 03:31 AM
Registered User
balsabuster2004's Avatar
Video taken after our Warbirds over Washougal meet.

Superhero Flying Man (1 min 2 sec)
Jun 20, 2010, 07:23 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
CRAP!! now I want a flying Superman...
Jun 20, 2010, 07:44 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Dad_Roman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Shane, nothing but nothing sounds like a big radial! Which one did you get, that big one from HK? You're gonna have a badas plane there!


Ron, I'm having the whole 9C delima too. PCM is much better than PPM. I'm gonna start with the Spektrum module and see what happens, I am trying it out on an Ultra Stick first.
Yea, that Seidel 70cc
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=11028


Im thinking about jumping to 2.4 and Im also thinking that Im gonna follow Wayne on this one. I love my 7C and just dont ever see myself needing much else for my type of flying so Im thinking Assan Hack Module.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dule_(PPM_Only)


Then you have to buy these high dollar recievers for it
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...(Short_Antenna)
Jun 20, 2010, 10:25 AM
Fly now crash later
davecrash's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post


Im thinking about jumping to 2.4 and Im also thinking that Im gonna follow Wayne on this one. I love my 7C and just dont ever see myself needing much else for my type of flying so Im thinking Assan Hack Module.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dule_(PPM_Only)
I did the Assan hack to a 7C a well. The only time I had a problem was with placement of the full range Rx in a 60 P-51 causing a lock out and crash. All the smaller Rx's I have used have been fine. If they would come out with a satellite Rx it would be perfect.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 55 Sep 16, 2016 04:53 PM
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 07:45 AM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 02:28 AM