Apr 18, 2015, 02:08 PM
3d NOOBular
Survived the dmv... now on to some fun... just bought a little 800 watt genny from harbor freight. Now I'm going to meet a Craigslist guy about a little table saw for $50
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2015, 02:27 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Allen has returned!!!

DMV = Dumbest Motivational Venue

I have seen people drive in Vegas when it rains... DMV has not taught them well..

Nate, big Heli Comp up in your old stompin ground I seen advertised.
Apr 18, 2015, 03:31 PM
3d NOOBular
Charging some packs with the new little harbor freight genny. I just had to try it out. All is well so far charging 3s packs at 10 amps. Now I need to put together a mobile charging station.
Apr 18, 2015, 05:23 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
No wind for the first time in months. Might be a WhirlyBird day
Apr 18, 2015, 07:49 PM
O I love the humor of this thread.
Howdy guy's from Mickey D's
Well it's been a little rainy, not bad though. Still I wonder if the weather is once again going to keep the boys from sunday flying.
Alan you should call a few of those boys the night before an see if you can get them out there. Thats what I have to do at times.

I took the cowl off the Green Machine today, an I was going to take her outside an see if I could work out that miss she has. But there were several little kids outside playing an I just didn't think it was safe. I had taken the Blade SR 120 heli out an was flying it when I was surrounded by kids. One of them went running up as to grab the heli. I quickly advanced the throttle gaining alitude, while telling that little boy just how dangerous that is. He listened an from there on out they stood back an watched. But then came the endless questions an conversasion . So I knew better than to take the Green Machine out there.
I did tell if they were interested in model airplanes they should come to our fly in's.

Somthing really funny happened last week. The city of Cameron is looking into creating an R/C / Drone park. They want to be a progressive city. Anyways a reporter contacted a guy that use to be in our club. He was only a memeber for 1 year an has not flown in 7, 8 years.
He really laid it on heavy an thick, a layer of BS that not even the snowman could top.
I really chuckled over it all but hey if it helps in getting the city to build an R/C /Drone park more power to him.
Apr 18, 2015, 09:11 PM
Hey, McKerwin.......don't be jealous, someone will recognize your Mctalent one day and put your face on the news too.......or on a wanted poster. I can see it now........"An unidentified rc pilot wannabe was arrested today in an incident involving sheep, a banjo, and an rc under-powered airplane that could only fly in circles! Details are sketchy at the moment, but common decency prevents us from elaborating further!" Bwahahahahahahaha Now that's funny!
Apr 18, 2015, 10:11 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
I feel like chopped pancakes now or a pair of 3's on a blackjack table where the dealer has a pair of 4's
Apr 18, 2015, 10:19 PM
Why?
Apr 18, 2015, 10:24 PM
http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-007869

Should I pull the trigger, or shouldn't I? That is the question. There is a $300 mail-in rebate.........hmmmmmmmm
Apr 18, 2015, 10:27 PM
Yeah.......right!! I've got the last two digits saved up........
Apr 18, 2015, 10:41 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
Bob, get that electrician up to speed and take a vacation. Come down here for a week. Please!
Seems to be even more heart burn with an employee than without. He needs some serious motivatin'

So beautiful day. Sunny, clear, little or no wind..........But ......

Good thing, Baptism today for a couple of young people..... Not so good thing, mow the lawn. Good thing, preping for a class I teach in Church tomorrow .................. so even with no flying, Good out weighed the bad, so Good day.

Maybe fly soon, before I forget.??
Apr 18, 2015, 10:45 PM
Mowing grass is a rare treat Bob.........enjoy it while you can!
Apr 19, 2015, 08:32 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Mowing grass is a rare treat Bob.........enjoy it while you can!
Yes very rare lol
If You can drop 9k on a radio your are a wealthy lucky man I'm trying to figure out how to be able to do 8k on a loan for flying lessons lol I passed the FAA physical and figured out where to do the lessons now it's just a matter of figuring out the funding

Good luck Bob
Apr 19, 2015, 08:58 AM
Don't you then need to buy a used full-scale aircraft?????? What good is the license.....then you're forced to rent!!!
Apr 19, 2015, 09:55 AM
3d NOOBular
So I spent half the day yesterday at the dmv... as mentioned. I spent most of the other half in the garage. It has been driving me nuts ever since we moved into this place. I finally went down and bought a couple sets of shelving systems from Walmart. $59 gets you 5 shelves 4' by 16" in a pretty stout metal frame that drops together with a rivet system. It's amazing how quick the floor space clears up as we get more organized.

Today I think I am going to work on this idea I have for a portable charging station. Pics to come.

Quick Reply