Nov 18, 2013, 09:02 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
This little town is about 40 minutes from where we grew up, just a few miles north of Nashville IL.

New Minden, Illinois Tornado 11/17/2013 (5 min 39 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2013, 12:05 AM
just how do those proX260 fly.
Nov 19, 2013, 10:41 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
just how do those proX260 fly.
Mine was from the first batch and was tail heavy with OS 55 ax all the way forward.

I do still have it, although all the stuffing went into the Sabres.

I agree with RDiddy and Wayne on the castor for 4 strokes. I also prefer Omega.

Daniel, I echo the sentiments for your daughter. We appreciate her and we are proud to know her father!
Nov 19, 2013, 02:03 PM
Plow are you still flying that sabre? Boy I had such a nice time flying with you. The time was just way too short. I would love to come back down and visit with you r-diddy and wayne.

The cold nasty weather is coming. Friday we'll have 30's for a high. The winds have just been way to terrible. I don't even think the Waldo would fly in them.
Since our field is open year around, we are needing a burn barrel. This way we can build a fire to warm ourselves while flying.
Nov 19, 2013, 02:32 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Come on down Kerwin!! I enjoyed your visit a great deal!!
Nov 19, 2013, 05:39 PM
Snowman's love child
Plow - can he bring his shoe cam?
Nov 19, 2013, 09:19 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin49
Plow - can he bring his shoe cam?
Of course, we don't fly wearing skirts here!!
Nov 19, 2013, 09:55 PM
O plow, that's a heck of a come back. I love it. I sure wish you could come up here and met the rest of the boys. Maybe if we had a twist rally.
Nov 20, 2013, 06:54 AM
Kerwin, what do you mean by "Maybe".....I thought it was a done deal!?!?!?
Nov 20, 2013, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
I have the manual, it talks about the high end setting, but really gives no low end needle start point, just says to adjust as needed. The Tx battery that is in it is a 2700 MaH NIMH. will order the lipo for the Tx today. I added a glow extention last weekend, but can't get it to work. Wired correctly, grounded to the engine mount, but it just wont work for some reason. Hoping to get it to work somehow, engine is mounted inverted. Cleaned the needles, did water submerssion test on the new fuel tank. Installed the fuel tank. She's getting plenty of fuel now. Weather not looking good for this weekend, but we'll see.
Last edited by billd76; Nov 20, 2013 at 09:27 AM.
Nov 20, 2013, 11:27 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76
I have the manual, it talks about the high end setting, but really gives no low end needle start point, just says to adjust as needed. The Tx battery that is in it is a 2700 MaH NIMH. will order the lipo for the Tx today. I added a glow extention last weekend, but can't get it to work. Wired correctly, grounded to the engine mount, but it just wont work for some reason. Hoping to get it to work somehow, engine is mounted inverted. Cleaned the needles, did water submerssion test on the new fuel tank. Installed the fuel tank. She's getting plenty of fuel now. Weather not looking good for this weekend, but we'll see.

You really shouldn't need onboard glow. Have you made there is a long plug in there? As for the low needle setting, you should be able to run it all the way in and then back it out about two turns and start from scratch, surely the manual coves that? Also check tank placement height. If the valves aren't terribly out of whack she should run. If she doesn't, you may have an air leak.
Nov 20, 2013, 12:02 PM
Morning twisties.
Snowy I said maybe because I don't know if any other twisties could make it other than maybe K49 and I. I think I could get the wookster up, but he's slacked off for the moment because of lack of time. RC cardude is only 3 or 4 hours away. Buckskin is less than 5.
Andy, 3dwingnut, and tower are only 5 or 6 hours away. wayne is 10, while DR and plowboy around 11, 12 hours. Snowdog is 10, snowy, Waldo,DOG are probably 17, Nate maybe 12, just to name a few. The others like bill, no matta , Daniel, chris, Tom, and elect I'm not sure on the driving distance
Since twist field has both water and electric along with a 24 by 30 building, I can put may of you up. Hell I could probally even throw in dish network and internet from my care taker/renters trailer. If enough twisties show up we could even BBQ a hog in a pit.

Bill can you provide more pictures on your set up? It sounds like your not getting your plug hot. I would break out the voltmeter and see if there is voltage to the glow plug. Use your ohm meter function and check continunity between the motor case and the neg on the battery. Then do the same on the glow plug clip center and the positive side of the battery.

Well it's been rainy this morning and now the wind has picked up.O well, I've got to run out to the property and check on my puppies.
Later
Nov 20, 2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
Morning twisties.
Snowy I said maybe because I don't know if any other twisties could make it other than maybe K49 and I. I think I could get the wookster up, but he's slacked off for the moment because of lack of time. RC cardude is only 3 or 4 hours away. Buckskin is less than 5.
Andy, 3dwingnut, and tower are only 5 or 6 hours away. wayne is 10, while DR and plowboy around 11, 12 hours. Snowdog is 10, snowy, Waldo,DOG are probably 17, Nate maybe 12, just to name a few. The others like bill, no matta , Daniel, chris, Tom, and elect I'm not sure on the driving distance
Since twist field has both water and electric along with a 24 by 30 building, I can put may of you up. Hell I could probally even throw in dish network and internet from my care taker/renters trailer. If enough twisties show up we could even BBQ a hog in a pit.

Bill can you provide more pictures on your set up? It sounds like your not getting your plug hot. I would break out the voltmeter and see if there is voltage to the glow plug. Use your ohm meter function and check continunity between the motor case and the neg on the battery. Then do the same on the glow plug clip center and the positive side of the battery.

Well it's been rainy this morning and now the wind has picked up.O well, I've got to run out to the property and check on my puppies.
Later
I pulled the plug and connected it directly to the glow plug ignitor and it was red hot, checked the glow extention cap attached to the plug with the plug out of hte engine and nothing. So the extention for sure isn't working. At the field this past weekend we tookd the extention out of the loop and it still wouldnt start. I do think it was fuel issue at the field. As for the low end needle. I turned it all the way in last night, but it never stopped turning, never bottomed out. I carnked it out about half way in the recess hole, will start from there I suppose. I did not find anything in the manual about a starting point for the low end, it just basically said to adjust for good idle and good transition from low to full throttle.
Nov 20, 2013, 12:44 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
I pulled the plug and connected it directly to the glow plug ignitor and it was red hot, checked the glow extention cap attached to the plug with the plug out of hte engine and nothing. So the extention for sure isn't working. At the field this past weekend we tookd the extention out of the loop and it still wouldnt start. I do think it was fuel issue at the field. As for the low end needle. I turned it all the way in last night, but it never stopped turning, never bottomed out. I carnked it out about half way in the recess hole, will start from there I suppose. I did not find anything in the manual about a starting point for the low end, it just basically said to adjust for good idle and good transition from low to full throttle.
I did that once too, ran the needle too far in. You need to take the carb off and check the spraybar now. Not a big deal. You got this.
Nov 20, 2013, 02:30 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Quote:
What engine is that again ?? I need to turn out my Saito 1.80 4 stroke 5 turns to start it and break it in I think its around 4.25 opern now and runs awesome
My OS 70 4 storke was about a 2 1/2 opening once she was running great

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
I did that once too, ran the needle too far in. You need to take the carb off and check the spraybar now. Not a big deal. You got this.
Ditto on this if you can't bottom out the needle something is wrong it should stop.
I think Like plow said your just spinning the spray bar around

Quick Reply