Aug 01, 2013, 07:22 PM
This one is a nitro planes. It's a lot like my Goldwing MX
Momma when she seen it on sale couldn't resist. whats more is it's nearly impossible to find a Goldwing MX and my Goldwing MX is starting to get beat up
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
This one is a nitro planes. It's a lot like my Goldwing MX
Momma when she seen it on sale couldn't resist. whats more is it's nearly impossible to find a Goldwing MX and my Goldwing MX is starting to get beat up
Of course you know this means you've gotta fly your original green machine even harder and lower! Lower! inverted! knife edge!!!
LOWER!
Aug 01, 2013, 07:34 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
And my glorious day continues (to be read with sarcasm). Just finished dinner, and decided to hinge the sbach. Now, my original plan was to use small pinned hinges because they seem a lot less restrictive to me. So, I go get my packs of hinges only to realize instead of pinned hinges, all I've got are CA hinges. Must have ordered the wrong ones. Anyway, during the break I took from the build, my CA cap glued itself to the tube, and upon removal, the tube broke off where it joins the cap leaving me with no way to seal it up. Needless to say, I have no CA, or enough pinned hinges (only have 5). So, instead of waiting days for a trip to the LHS, or an order to come in, anyone ever epoxy CA hinges in? Think I'm going to try unless told otherwise by the wiser ones.
Aug 01, 2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
2 things.... Those were "rough estimates" during an early discussion so not tested / stamped / sealed / or approved by anyone. I would expect someone to really review those close to validate in your own mind before building.

Also the resizing of those planes can affect wood thicknesses and knotches. This would not be recommended for a first time scratch builder.
Have built quite a few scratchies in the past 25 years.... although the fellow who sized up the plans did some work with them, I would definatly be checking things before the build.
Major concern will be main spar size, and there are some formulas to figure it out, But TLAR is usually pretty good.
Looking forward to build, should be fun.

Derrick
Aug 01, 2013, 08:19 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallone66
Have built quite a few scratchies in the past 25 years.... although the fellow who sized up the plans did some work with them, I would definatly be checking things before the build.
Major concern will be main spar size, and there are some formulas to figure it out, But TLAR is usually pretty good.
Looking forward to build, should be fun.

Derrick
When I size them up I tried to get wood stocks to be close. If you care to have them tweaked to your liking, let me know the Wing Span you would like and I can size it up in a matter of minutes.
Aug 01, 2013, 08:31 PM
Suspended Account
Aug 01, 2013, 08:34 PM
ME WANNEONE.....

BeSteady One - handheld gimbal stabilizer tech demo (3 min 27 sec)
Aug 01, 2013, 09:17 PM
Well I don't know what to do. A fly the P out of the green machine or B fly the P out of the green machine 2.
The only thing about GM 2 is the al wingtube is a shade smaller than the carbonfiber wing tube in GM1.
I thought about buying a carbon fiber wing tube for GM 2 and sanding it to fit.
Any suggestions fellows.
Aug 01, 2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
Well I don't know what to do. A fly the P out of the green machine or B fly the P out of the green machine 2.
The only thing about GM 2 is the al wingtube is a shade smaller than the carbonfiber wing tube in GM1.
I thought about buying a carbon fiber wing tube for GM 2 and sanding it to fit.
Any suggestions fellows.
Sand to fit = painful.... it just does not sand friendly
Aug 01, 2013, 09:23 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Looks good Kerwin, let us know how the build goes. I may need one for my 1.80.
Aug 01, 2013, 09:24 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Somebody must be making that diameter for something, easier to saw than to sand.
Aug 01, 2013, 09:33 PM
DOG can you please explain
Aug 01, 2013, 09:36 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Wow just got caught back up lets just say
Welcome new t-aholics
Cant wait to see the 50cc
Congrats k50 on green
Nitro rules lol
Aug 01, 2013, 09:37 PM
3d NOOBular
Aug 01, 2013, 09:47 PM
Just got off the nitro planes website,sure did like the prices. Might make it easier to get my feet wet on a big plane.

Quick Reply