Apr 18, 2010, 05:54 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
I believe in my backups! They have saved me countless hours of time. Hardware WILL fail. You can count on it.

Doesn't look like this wind is going to quit today. I was hoping to get another flight or two in.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2010, 06:12 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne-o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad-o
Nuttin here, prolly Wayne to...really crappy
HA! I went out an fle the EZ* for 30 minutes ( just half a battery) after lunch today. A little drizzly but I was there -- Shorts and Orange T-shirt. :P:P:P:P
Yea but....

.....you da man
Apr 18, 2010, 07:03 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
So, instead of one of those silly variable pitch props, what if we just used a reversible ESC?
Apr 18, 2010, 07:12 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
So, instead of one of those silly variable pitch props, what if we just used a reversible ESC?
That....makes my head hurt
Apr 18, 2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Yea but....
.....you da man
Nope, I just like to fly when everyone else is huddled up at home.
Apr 18, 2010, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
That....makes my head hurt
Maybe we could build a push-me/Pull-you. One motor ESC forward and one backward. Forward and Reverse.
Apr 18, 2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Maybe we could build a push-me/Pull-you. One motor ESC forward and one backward. Forward and Reverse.
Thanks.... I like that sooo much better.
Apr 18, 2010, 09:27 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
OUCH
Apr 18, 2010, 09:28 PM
Quote:
OUCH:rolleyes :
Shane?...You ok? Sounds like the Corsair may have fallen on you.
Apr 18, 2010, 09:30 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
PushmePullyou......I fell outta my chair....Im ok...managed to pull myself back up to my donuts and choclate milk
Apr 18, 2010, 09:32 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
RCTimer model co.......any thoughts?

http://www.rctimer.com/

....before I place this order (to replace some DC3 parts)
Apr 18, 2010, 09:47 PM
Mine CG'd exactly where it was before. About 5.2" back from LE. I love it! Best plane ever.

However, I did manage to break it in half... finally. I was practicing for the Ho-Down and decided to land inverted.

Broke where you all knew it would. I still say the bracing is unnecessary because this thing hit pretty solid. Should be back in the air next week though.

No video ... Lizzy didn't have her camera. Another friend of mine shot some pretty killer photos though. Just gotta wait for him to e-mail them to me so I can post.

-Eric
Apr 18, 2010, 09:54 PM
OH! Also, I put that bigger motor on the Ultra Stick, with the Turnigy wood prop I got. It pulls about 930W on the meter, which is a little more than the motor is rated for. I went ahead and flew it anyway, and it doesn't even get warm. The ESC is cold. Battery is slightly warm.

It has enough horsepower now.

-Eric
Apr 18, 2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
RCTimer model co.......any thoughts?

http://www.rctimer.com/

....before I place this order (to replace some DC3 parts)
I have heard multiple people on here complain, poor communication, slow shipping. It strikes me as a tiny Hobby City out fit. There are even a couple threads on RCG about it.
Apr 18, 2010, 10:32 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
A guy in my club was interested in buying my Yak, which I decided to sell cheap, in order to finish off the Extra that I'm assembling, so I loaded up and went to the field. Now I know this guy some, and he's a great guy. He is also, I think, gonna be a real good flyer. So I show him the plane and fly it around a bit, flip it to low rates, take it up high and hand him the tx. He does great. I land the plane and we refuel and talk about it. He's not convinced so I take it up again and this time I leave it on high rate (middle rate), well he falls in love then! He says, "if I agree to buy it, can I land it?" I say, "sure, if you say you want it, it's yours". "I want it!!" "Okay"

Suffice it to say that the landing didn't go well. I would never have guessed that she would ever break into that many pieces. The good news is, that after I helped him load up the carnage, he didn't hesitate to pull out the wallet and pay up. He's a good man. Bye Bye Yak!

Here is a vid of the maiden back in August of '08, shot by Big K.

Plowboy's Maiden flight of his YAK (5 min 55 sec)

Quick Reply