Mar 07, 2013, 09:08 PM
3d NOOBular
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I though you said the engine was new? I think the break-in prop is an 18x10 or 19x8. I would run a lighter prop until you have a couple of gallons of fuel on it. It will get stronger.
Cool, it's typical of me to jump the gun a bit I'll put the xoar back on. I just heard from someone that is getting over 8000 on a 19x8 at sea level. Much stronger than mine is running right now. I guess I'm just kicking against the pricks a bit
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2013, 10:21 PM
Nate your PTE had a frank bowman ring and you did the reed block mod. I would check your reed block. The DLE ring is very hard and takes along time to break in. You may think about a Frank Bowman ring.
I would take that 20/8 pitch prop off . A 20/6 prop will have about the same load as a 19/8 but alot more thrust for hover punch out.
Mar 07, 2013, 10:49 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Cool, it's typical of me to jump the gun a bit I'll put the xoar back on. I just heard from someone that is getting over 8000 on a 19x8 at sea level. Much stronger than mine is running right now. I guess I'm just kicking against the pricks a bit
Vibration is part, break in is part, prop weight is part, parts add up. Question is was it getting hot?
Mar 07, 2013, 11:15 PM
check out this prop nate
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FQwFnQodA38ANQ
Mar 08, 2013, 05:58 AM
Me Likes this device

Scorpion Backup guard (6 min 4 sec)
Mar 08, 2013, 06:51 AM

Day two of the build

coming along nicely. About 2.5 hours of build time this far.
Mar 08, 2013, 08:04 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Xoar are my favourite props
Mar 08, 2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Having trouble sourcing a xoar 12x6 electric Beachwood prop. Who do you guys source xoar props from?
Mar 08, 2013, 10:49 AM
Great product DOG The only thing I'd like to see is a beeper or somthing letting me know it went into fail safe least I keep on flying
Josh I can't help you as I only fly plastic props. I've tried wood several times. The last time I had just landed my green machine and was making a turn when the wind caught it and caused her to nose over breaking a 20 dollar prop.
Mar 08, 2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshgluck View Post
Having trouble sourcing a xoar 12x6 electric Beachwood prop. Who do you guys source xoar props from?
Josh:

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread...s-Now-in-Stock
Mar 08, 2013, 03:10 PM
from the classifieds:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1847589
Mar 08, 2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
LOVE the Xoar Sword I have on my 55cc!

Quote:
http://www.valleyviewrc.com and for the gassers they will drill them for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Great product DOG The only thing I'd like to see is a beeper or somthing letting me know it went into fail safe least I keep on flying
The bat in that should carry an average plane through a 10 minute flight, so you would see a failure happened at landing.... Unless you have a bad servo that lust sux the life out of everything... that you normally would notice. Beeper would be a nice next version.
Mar 08, 2013, 07:02 PM
3d NOOBular
I got another hour of run time on the new dle. It definitely likes the 19x8. I can tell its breaking in but I think it still has a long way to go.
Mar 08, 2013, 09:09 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
I got mine from thunderbolt RC in canada
Mar 08, 2013, 09:15 PM
With the chinese ring it could take up to 5 gallons for break in