Oct 23, 2012, 07:33 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Hey there FIXXIN! You showed up just in time, we are doing another heauxdown!! I was hoping you'd get in on it too. Good to hear from you.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2012, 07:35 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
So wheres the rest of my distant relatives at tonite???? Whats new????
Dang... You tease... Where is the High Res version!
Oct 23, 2012, 07:39 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
Hey there FIXXIN! You showed up just in time, we are doing another heauxdown!! I was hoping you'd get in on it too. Good to hear from you.
What up Plow!! Missed you guys for sure. So wassssup??? Ho who?
Oct 23, 2012, 07:40 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
Dang... You tease... Where is the High Res version!
High res???? Its available at sendallurmoneytofixxen........
Oct 23, 2012, 08:01 PM
Great to here from you fixxin. You still flyin PA's
Oct 23, 2012, 08:03 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
Great to here from you fixxin. You still flyin PA's
Hey hey K.....ummm no. CS was not up to standards in my eyes. Focusing on 3DHS!!! Too bad too, really liked the PA planes but 3DHS has awesome fliers and Ben and family assure that CS is the best. How about you, anything new?

Actually after reading that, came out wrong, It was actually a blessing that the big guy at PA didnt return phone calls or emails, and his employees were kinda rude on the phone when I called back. Because, all this happened at a great time (just before the Toledo show last year) and it opened my eyes to a new opportunity to spend thousands of dollars on 3DHS. LOL ....and still counting!!! 3DHS ROCKS!!!
Last edited by FIXXIN2FLY; Oct 23, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
Oct 23, 2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah Fixxin but that Green Katana MX is a good looking plane. I beleive you have one don't you.
I'm flying 3dhs's 41 inch Edge as well as a goldwing 30cc MX
Oct 23, 2012, 08:30 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
Hey hey K.....ummm no. CS was not up to standards in my eyes. Focusing on 3DHS!!! Too bad too, really liked the PA planes but 3DHS has awesome fliers and Ben and family assure that CS is the best. How about you, anything new?
My first trip to Toledo we went to the 3D seminar with PA and Greg Poppel and there came a point they were ready to throw us out. I didnt know a thing about 3DHS at that time, PA was a hot item. The Servo torque discussion was being shot down even by people who didnt 3D... The Owner of PA was there and he just didnt win me over at the time.
Oct 23, 2012, 08:32 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Quote:
Yeah Fixxin but that Green Katana MX is a good looking plane. I beleive you have one don't you.
I'm flying 3dhs's 41 inch Edge as well as a goldwing 30cc MX
Actually I had didnt have the "Katana" I had the MX with a Monster energy scheme that I had done. Looks very similar.
Oct 23, 2012, 08:38 PM
Do you have a picture of her.
Oct 23, 2012, 08:43 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
My outcasted PA? Sure
Oct 23, 2012, 08:54 PM
O She is a pretty thing. You say thee 3DHS fly better?
Oct 23, 2012, 09:03 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Quote:
O She is a pretty thing. You say thee 3DHS fly better?
I love all 7 of my new babies!!!! Im almost a 3DHS Octodad this year
Actually did have 8 new 3DHS this year but helped out a brother who was down on his luck and now have 7.
Oct 23, 2012, 10:09 PM
3d NOOBular
Well it's like a nice big reunion in here

I did something dumb today. I was in a hurry to fly the slick after doing that minor repair work on the engine gasket the other day. I took it down, fired it up, did some quick tuning (no loctite ) and pointed it toward yonder horizon. Well, just after she plowed through the thick grass at the turf farm and got airborne I went to give more throttle when to my dismay, something weird happened and I didn't have any throttle control at all. It barely had enough power on to stay airborne. I flew a few circuits while I thought about what to do. At that throttle setting it was too hot to land with power on and I was concerned about a deadstick landing in the thick grass. After a few minutes I decided there was nothing to be done about it but to attempt a deadstick landing and hope for the best. I lined her up where I wanted her to land and at the right moment cut the motor off. She glided in real nice and just when I thought everything was going well the landing gear popped off in the thick grass. I guess it would have done that with power on as well...

Anyway, there is no structural damage to the slick. You will be surprised to learn that on all three of the landing gear bolts the threaded portion of the blind nut came off on the bolt. I thought it was the weirdest thing I had ever seen but was happy about the way it happened.

Now what caused this whole problem in the first place? I brain farted and never put any loctite on the throttle arm set screw. It vibrated out and the arm fell off. I suppose I should feel fortunate for how it turned out... sometimes the littlest things cause the biggest problems.
Oct 23, 2012, 11:37 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Fixxin what up my T _ _ _ ted brother /ood to see you back again and yup your automatically enetered in the hodown lol

Brathanke tough beans man but glad there wasn't a catastrophy involved, I got a little nervous in the begining of the story thinking oh no but it was a good story and kept me glued to the screen to the end

Snowman it sounds like quite the obstical course you have there sound like you need to fly with some cutting tools so you can trim the trees and cut some lines out of the way during flight thanks for the good wishes on the house sale, I guess it was just a single lady going through a divorce she hasn't ruled it out yet but thinks it might be a bit much house for just her which was what I said to the agent when she told me who was coming to look at it lol so alls well anyway at least its on the market again and now its just a matter of time again.

DOG so those new fangled engines are suppose to be good what's the prices like?

Man I can't wait until saturday kind of booked up the rest of this week gonna get in the high 60's again and were suppose to take out the docks friday then flying Saturday morn and the we have the Grandson sat night he started doing summersaults tonight and thought it was the funniest stuff ever he was rolling over everywhere and laughin and laughin lol I want to be 2 again lol

Quick Reply