Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 14, 2012, 06:28 PM
Registered User
No surprise......NY lost.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2012, 06:28 PM
Registered User
David22........how are those pics of your FPV stuff coming along?
Oct 14, 2012, 06:59 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
Moved my engine forward about a half inch and finally got to the field, still tail heavy! Flew twice. I'll move her forward some more and try again.

Glad to hear your engine runs Ron !!
Oct 14, 2012, 07:54 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
Yes Wayne, it is a gasser. Last night I went looking for a problem. I think there must be an air leak. It took FOREVER to get the motor primed and I think between the idle not wanting to settle down and not being able to prime the motor that there has to be a broken gasket or something. I took the motor off last night to start checking it out. I did find one problem. The throttle arm on the carb is bad. It is CF and has worn around the linkage to the point that there is a ton of play. It was not taking me to full throttle. So now I got to figure something out for that. I was hoping to fly it on Monday but my hope is diminishing. I guess I'll spend the time figuring out a throttle arm and making a new gasket set instead.

Wayne what have you used for a throttle arm? I found a bunch of options on Flying Giants.
http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=57549
I use the fiberglass arm that comes with the DLE engines. It just screws on to the arm on the carb. I know some use the Hitec aluminum arm.

You did put a ball link on the throttle arm didn't you? I never have a rod the goes directly to the throttle arm, like a z-bend or something. All the wear should be just on the the ball link.
Oct 14, 2012, 07:56 PM
Registered User
I moved aside some junk on the shelves and low and behold.....a O.S. .40 LA and a Super Tiger .40......both new in the box! I must have inherited those from Jack211 cause I would never buy either! lol. Now I need to find a couple of planes to put them on! I'm thinking combat???
Oct 14, 2012, 08:03 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
I moved aside some junk on the shelves and low and behold.....a O.S. .40 LA and a Super Tiger .40......both new in the box! I must have inherited those from Jack211 cause I would never buy either! lol. Now I need to find a couple of planes to put them on! I'm thinking combat???
barter
Oct 14, 2012, 08:08 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
I use the fiberglass arm that comes with the DLE engines. It just screws on to the arm on the carb. I know some use the Hitec aluminum arm.

You did put a ball link on the throttle arm didn't you? I never have a rod the goes directly to the throttle arm, like a z-bend or something. All the wear should be just on the the ball link.
I have ball links on the throttle and choke.... for that matter, I am doing ball links on everything anymore.

Here is some "Droid" video of todays tank of fuel being burnt, and no, its a short video and not the entire 11 minutes it ran.

There is some vid of the clunk basically able to get near every drop of fuel, it is amazing to me how it works, fluid tension, who knew?
Love the ethanol free gas, its a light yellow, if it gets on your hands it evaporates and leaves really no after smell.

32-1 Klotz Synthetic and real gas.
First Start 87 SHP (2 min 7 sec)
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Oct 14, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
Oct 14, 2012, 08:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
barter
Wayne are you interested or what???
Oct 14, 2012, 08:17 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Wayne are you interested or what???
That Super Tiger 40 is a perfect motor for the Wild Tiger Plank like I have. I have the TT 36 Pro on mine.
Oct 14, 2012, 09:05 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
I have ball links on the throttle and choke.... for that matter, I am doing ball links on everything anymore.

Here is some "Droid" video of todays tank of fuel being burnt, and no, its a short video and not the entire 11 minutes it ran.

There is some vid of the clunk basically able to get near every drop of fuel, it is amazing to me how it works, fluid tension, who knew?
Love the ethanol free gas, its a light yellow, if it gets on your hands it evaporates and leaves no realy after smell.

32-1 Klotz Synthetic and real gas.

Cool Ron, congrats!
What motor do you have on that 87" SHP?
Oct 14, 2012, 09:08 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974
Cool Ron, congrats!
What motor do you have on that 87" SHP?
That is the RCGF55 <DLE Copy> and I have to say I have been concerned, I had bought it long before the SHP for another project... It made the back of my legs hurt... Didnt touch a screw, seems a little rich but I am good with that until I run a few tanks through and annoy the neighbor.
Oct 14, 2012, 09:19 PM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
Plus one on the ball links. For a gasser, it's the only way to go. Nate you may have to does the carb cleaner thing to find that air leak. They're may just be crud in the carb.
No flying today. I had my chance and missed it. It was really windy, so I went to my bro's.
I was trying to get his wireless router up an going and didn't notice the wind had laid at about 5:30 or so.
BTW while I was over there I ran across a M2600 Peavy amp. He told me it worked and even offered it to me. Of course he said he hadn't fired it up in years. I'm wondering if the dust got to the volume pots.
Oct 14, 2012, 09:41 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
Plus one on the ball links. For a gasser, it's the only way to go. Nate you may have to does the carb cleaner thing to find that air leak. They're may just be crud in the carb.
No flying today. I had my chance and missed it. It was really windy, so I went to my bro's.
I was trying to get his wireless router up an going and didn't notice the wind had laid at about 5:30 or so.
BTW while I was over there I ran across a M2600 Peavy amp. He told me it worked and even offered it to me. Of course he said he hadn't fired it up in years. I'm wondering if the dust got to the volume pots.
That Amp would be dandy for some fatty passives. The pots on those things do tend to get gummed up and cause issues, you might have a nice piece there.
Oct 14, 2012, 09:42 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
That is the RCGF55 <DLE Copy> and I have to say I have been concerned, I had bought it long before the SHP for another project... It made the back of my legs hurt... Didnt touch a screw, seems a little rich but I am good with that until I run a few tanks through and annoy the neighbor.
Don't run it rich Ron. Tune it for max rpm. You can back off 100 or so but if you run it rich you'll build up a lot of carbon very quickly. No reason to run it rich.
Oct 14, 2012, 09:47 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
Don't run it rich Ron. Tune it for max rpm. You can back off 100 or so but if you run it rich you'll build up a lot of carbon very quickly. No reason to run it rich.
During the ground run break in, I dont mind little rich to keep cool, it will need dialed before the flight. Dont take me wrong, its not slobbery rich at all, just a tad rich.

After I shut it off, 190 was the highest spot I could find, 180 when running.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 55 Sep 16, 2016 04:53 PM
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 07:45 AM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 02:28 AM