Club Twistaholic - Page 1797 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Sep 11, 2012, 02:55 PM
Registered User
Remember what????
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2012, 02:56 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Remember what????
His Current password to change it
Sep 11, 2012, 03:06 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Waldopepperaxe's Avatar
We use Passwords

Well here DOG this is for you to see tha you can be fully restored Its amazing what some new $1.67 balsa sticks and a new roll or 2 of covering can do

Oh and yes its the original Tail feathers
Sep 11, 2012, 03:12 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Waldopepperaxe's Avatar
Actually this plane is about 30 years old now and has been recovered once after 25 years and then rekitted once in the last 5 years maybe she didn't like the new covering job I did 5 years ago lol heres the life of the kadet but for the first 25 years it never had a single thing glued back on or so much as a puncture in the monocote to patch I only decided to give it a new look after 25 years because I wanted to lol and then she lost radio contact and pile drived about 1 year after her new colors And I don't blame her for pile driving as I ran out of colors when I was doing it and used what i had laying around and it wasn't the prettiest new covering job. Now I do though lol
Sep 11, 2012, 03:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
His Current password to change it
DOG......you fell for it!

Waldo, that's a pretty bird indeed!
Sep 11, 2012, 03:33 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
That almost inspires me to repair old Sweetpea! Almost.
Nice work Waldo.
Sep 11, 2012, 04:17 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe
We use Passwords

Well here DOG this is for you to see tha you can be fully restored Its amazing what some new $1.67 balsa sticks and a new roll or 2 of covering can do

Oh and yes its the original Tail feathers
Joe - that is sick! I admit that I am a pilot, maybe not a great one, and not a builder. I can build, I just don't get the kind of joy that you and Bob do from taking a pile of wood and making something. I would buy all receiver ready planes if they would equip them the way I want. An ARF is the limit of what I want to do for a plane. This Kadet Senior has kept me building much more than I ever thought it would.

The Mother Ship is going to make me put on my builder hat and figure out how I want that to be done. Sometimes I wish I had access to a vacuum former.

I should send that picture series to all our club members with the caption, "It is never time to buy a new ARF, just repair it."
Sep 11, 2012, 05:10 PM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
DOG was that plane , gasoline powered.
I think the short caused the brown out and explosion
O BTW if any stole my password it's no big deal
They'll never be able to impersonate me, I'm the one an only.
Despite what K 49 thinks LOL
Sep 11, 2012, 05:33 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
Wayne, did you ever consider those flying superheroes that the guy back in Oregon was kitting? They were pretty cool in the air. He also has a villain, both versions were available in different sizes up to 6' tall. The guy came to our field a couple of times, I think I even did a little business with him on his packaging, too bad I can't even remember his name! I guess I'm a burnout. :0
Sep 11, 2012, 05:38 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
Wayne, did you ever consider those flying superheroes that the guy back in Oregon was kitting? They were pretty cool in the air. He also has a villain, both versions were available in different sizes up to 6' tall. The guy came to our field a couple of times, I think I even did a little business with him on his packaging, too bad I can't even remember his name! I guess I'm a burnout. :0
It was 'spensive Alan. I looked at them though. They are re-kitting or something now so they are not available.

http://www.rcsuperhero.com/
Sep 11, 2012, 05:39 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
Greg Tanous or something like that, was his name. Here's a vid.
RcSuperhero (3 min 22 sec)
Sep 11, 2012, 05:40 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
Oh you slipped in on me man!! Lol
You can buy the plans for $20 I believe.
Sep 11, 2012, 05:43 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
I think you should get a vaccume former so you can make some really thin and slippery pylon racing wings!
Sep 11, 2012, 06:06 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
DOG was that plane , gasoline powered.
I think the short caused the brown out and explosion
O BTW if any stole my password it's no big deal
They'll never be able to impersonate me, I'm the one an only.
Despite what K 49 thinks LOL
Magnum 91...2 Stroke and a fuel tank of Riches Brew was the only thing in that plane when the lightning struck the right wing tip. We had some storms and a couple rain delays.
Sep 11, 2012, 06:07 PM
Registered User
Make one........piece of perf board a vacuum cleaner and a heater box.....easy peasy!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 55 Sep 16, 2016 05:53 PM
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 08:45 AM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 03:28 AM