Originally Posted by SnowDog1974

Oh no you dident! I just seen the video and pics.... That just aint right
Jun 04, 2012, 12:53 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Poor kitty.
Jun 04, 2012, 01:02 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
LOl WTH man I guess thats as good as a tribute as any think of all the scared to death birds out there now lol

Kerwin50 and Snowdog,, Man you guys had a great time for sure Very glad to hear so and man that girl can fly, I'm really loving that green machine kerwin now we have to see you doing all those maneuvers as we know the green has it in it for sure

Been busy with the derby so no flying for 2 weeks but then our regular scheduled flying season can kick into full bore can't wait to get out there I've only flown my new edge once this year so far I want to give a pounding on that thing very soon.
Jun 04, 2012, 01:04 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Derby pics Waldo?? Did you go down the hill this year?
Jun 04, 2012, 01:16 PM
Hardrock Miner
Daniel, I use a 14x4w on my .91fs engines.
Jun 04, 2012, 01:24 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Kerwin and SD....glad you guys had a great time....wish I coulda been there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin
Got out here to CA, and picked up a hitchhiker heading for TX.

Apparently I can't upload pics from my phone , so the wife will post it soon.

I hope I have done this right....Please let him know if it isn't here...
Thank you
WHOOWHOO!!!!! Another baby comin HOME!!! I cant wait. Way to GO Buckskin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer
did someone here try a 13x4W on a .91fs .... there are no APC 13x6,7,or8's in this part of the country
I run the 14x4W also Dan...lemme know if I need to send ya a 6,7,or 8
Jun 04, 2012, 01:40 PM
3d NOOBular
Nice reports Mike and Kerwin. I kind of followed the event on RCG and Flying Giants. I really wish I could have been there.

I should have taken a before video but I wanted to post the results of putting a radio shack choke on the wire near the servo that was jittering like crazy. The choke was 2 for $2.89 at radio shack. They had a couple different sizes. I got two. I didn't have enough servo extension to use the larger one that would allow me to wrap so I used a small one in which the wire passes straight through with no wraps.

Here are my results.

Solar servo D771 jitter fix (0 min 46 sec)
Jun 04, 2012, 01:55 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
I should have taken a before video but I wanted to post the results of putting a radio shack choke on the wire near the servo that was jittering like crazy. The choke was 2 for $2.89 at radio shack. They had a couple different sizes. I got two. I didn't have enough servo extension to use the larger one that would allow me to wrap so I used a small one in which the wire passes straight through with no wraps.

Here are my results.
How are the Solar, any feel for how they will hold up? That is a very FAST servo. Chokes add weight, but I see the value they add.

Did I read you have a servo go bad on the rudder before?
Jun 04, 2012, 01:59 PM
3d NOOBular
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
How are the Solar, any feel for how they will hold up? That is a very FAST servo. Chokes add weight, but I see the value they add.

Did I read you have a servo go bad on the rudder before?
The servo I replaced was doing the same thing. Now I don't think there is anything wrong with it at all. It will be a great back-up to have on-hand.

As far as how long the Solar servo will hold up it remains to be seen. I have an extra one and I thought about taking it apart to just make sure all the gears are really metal. I'll report back with any issues of slop etc.
Jun 04, 2012, 02:09 PM
Montana Transplant
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris
Daniel, I use a 14x4w on my .91fs engines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman
Kerwin and SD....glad you guys had a great time....wish I coulda been there!!!

I run the 14x4W also Dan...lemme know if I need to send ya a 6,7,or 8
I don't have ground clearance for a 14".. the 13 x 6 I "had", it's now a 12, was turning 13800 in flight... so I think I should use the 13x7...
Jun 04, 2012, 02:43 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Plow the derby is this weekend, we've been trying to build two adult cars for 6 years now lol we always get causght up in fixing all the other cars and then don't get the big boys cars done, I think were going to make it a priority this year.
but we are still in Inspecting mode lol we have to make sure all the cars are safe for the kids, its our number 1 priority of inspecting. I don't know how many cars we rip appart and rebuild them because somethings not right, but we do all we can to ensure a good fun day, this is our 7th year now and we only have 1 bruised leg for an injury when a racers little brother ran out to congradulate his big Sister and she ran into him luckily she was almost stopped by then but still scared the bejesus out of us when he went down. with all our precautions and people they couldn't stop him lol so now we've added more staffing to the finish line area,
Pics will be in by next week of this years derby.

heres are website if anyone wants to take a glance
http://www.capitaldistrictsoapboxder...der/page1.aspx

Sweet buckskin you are making Dad a very happy Daddy

Nice video demo Nate I guess that solved the problem for sure. and man that servo is fast,,, wahooooo nice suggestion Wayne

Oh yeah some more pics of the Wonder I started wrapping the wing last night but didn't take a pic of it yet. hopefully I can get her done before next week but its going to be pretty busy all week for me.
Jun 04, 2012, 04:17 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Nice website Waldo! I know you guys take this event very seriously! I think it's an awesome thing to do for kids!

The Wonder is looking like an airplane for sure now! What engine and prop are on the nose? Looks like a speed demon! Lol
Jun 04, 2012, 04:22 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
I have a friend back in Washington who is a very good Italian chef and has a really good restaurant, well he would probably want to take me out back and beat me up if he knew that I was making chicken Parmesan tonight....but serving Dixie Yam Bake on the side!! Lol! Just trying to use up what I have in the house!!!
Jun 04, 2012, 04:26 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Nate, that servo seems like the real deal! And nice call by Wayne on that one!

Buckskin, that is awful nice of you!! Of course, R Diddy would do the same for anyone if he had the opportunity! I appreciate how this group is always willing to help one another out.

Quick Reply