May 30, 2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe
Snowdog well I hope you and kerwin fly the snot out of those things with plenty of vids and pics

Whose thumb are we talking about here I musta missed something ?? Bummer

Snowman in our parts women supporting us fellers is them taking the cash from our wallets for us to relieve the pressure put on the spine from an excess load of a fat wallet when you sit down: D thin wallet = better posture *lthough don't think it worked in my case.
And I love the slot machine for hinging just takeas a bit to get used to holding the right angle once you start slicing. Don't try and hold the blade straight on your marks then hit the trigger, first angle the machine slightly back then start the bladeas then slowly lean the blade in, works perfect and quick evwerytime wanna vid of the technique?
We will do our best to fly 'em hard...I just picked up two brand new props today, since that seems to be the most expendable item for me these days.

The guy that lost his thumb is one of the 3DHS Fanatics that was going to the FLI.
Here is the post where he tells what happened:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=906
If you click on his avatar you will get to his blog, where he has some really nasty pictures of this thumb...certainly a tragic reminder for us all to be careful.
Here is the direct link to the gory pictures if you don't like hyperlinking:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=59500
[WARNING: GRAPHIC PICTURES; NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART]
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2012, 04:39 PM
SnowDog.......thanks for the offer to hand deliver the plane.......does that apply any other time of the year???

Kinked my back today.....pretty good.....it's going to be either Scotch or Tylenol tonight...my poor liver....either way it loses!

Waldo......I would love for you to make a video on how to use the hinge-cutting machine!!!!!!!

Man.......I had to leave the table at supper........I get ridden so hard when I put anchovies on top my pizza......when will they learn to love that smell????
May 30, 2012, 05:47 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Memorial Day weekend 3 years ago is when I tried to chop my arm off via Saito. I really feel for that guy! At least I was flying again a week or so later...although I had to wear a wound-vac to do it. I hope he doesn't quit the hobby and just finds someway to continue.

Snowman!!! No anchovies!! Gross!! Lol
May 30, 2012, 07:13 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Good gosh-O-mighty....5 pages? Manoman.

Anyways....HEADSUP....UNBELIEVABLE SALE on a Magnum 91 (and others)

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...ke-engine.html
May 30, 2012, 07:20 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Ooooo....dammit

Poor ole NumbSkull (bit of irony in the screen name eh?)
May 30, 2012, 07:40 PM
Et tu Plow? Don't all good Louisianians praise the anchovy? Maybe I'm confusing Louisianians with Swedes and Finns! Many bowls of Etouffee have passed over these lips and most must have certainly contained salted anchovies as an ingredient! Gross? Au contraire mon ami! Let me guess....you don't like pickled herring either? Lox?

DR......that's an awesome deal!!!! How many did you get?
May 30, 2012, 08:07 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
DR......that's an awesome deal!!!! How many did you get?
Lol....thinkin Ill have to pick up a couple of those puppies
May 30, 2012, 08:18 PM
3d NOOBular
Well, I just took the motor off the slick and about got it packed up to send back to the dealer. I told him the motor wants to bounce the plane right off of a table at the flying field and he agreed that was way too much vibration and wants to go through it to see if there are any issues with the counter-balance or the shaft. Looks like the slick will be down for at least two weeks.
May 30, 2012, 08:40 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Big Foot was spotted in Missouri.
May 30, 2012, 08:46 PM
Well I was going to leave tonight but momma wants another night together so it looks like tomorrow. Remeber when momma's happy everyones happy and i'm still want ing the DLE 20.
besides it's going to be windy tomorrow afternoon. I hope to be there by 6ish.
Mike when are you going to be there?

Sorry about your bad luck Nate, I hope he gets it all worked out.
May 30, 2012, 08:55 PM
DOG......is that your beautiful bird? NICE!!! Inflatable tires? Sweet!

Kerwin......have a safe trip and please keep us updated with videos and pics!!! I'm there in spirit...anyway!
May 30, 2012, 09:00 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
A guy up here has a NIB Kadet Senior and NIB ASP61 for $250 cash.
May 30, 2012, 09:11 PM
Hey, I was just thinking......where's FIXIN2FLY, thew, etc???? I don't hear from them much?
May 30, 2012, 09:19 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
To each his own snowman, just thought I'd shake your tree! Truth is, I'll eat just about anything that don't eat me first!

Sorry about your engine troubles Nate, that sucks.

DR, that's a smokin deal! Almost makes me want to try one. Maybe throw one in a little .60 size Yak or Edge or something. $129 is hard to pass up!
May 30, 2012, 09:23 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
Big Foot was spotted in Missouri.

Sweet bird!

Quick Reply