May 02, 2012, 03:14 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Nitroplanes banned me. I was never banned before.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 03:14 PM
RC Trainer plane
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while RC Trainer plane edits it.
May 02, 2012, 03:52 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Trainer plane
Well now I'm embarrassed!! I can fly but I haven't even attempted to build a kit, let alone scratch something, and you on the other hand have never flown and you are scratching out a trainer! Did you pop in here to give guys like me an inferiority complex?!!
Just jackin with ya! The project looks good, be sure to by a radio you can buddy box with. Meaning, stick with the major brands so you can plug your transmitter into somebody else's and they can teach you to fly. They generally have to be the same brand.
There are builders on this thread and you are welcome to ask questions if you need to.
Welcome to the thread, and to the hobby as well!
May 02, 2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
Well now I'm embarrassed!! I can fly but I haven't even attempted to build a kit, let alone scratch something, and you on the other hand have never flown and you are scratching out a trainer! Did you pop in here to give guys like me an inferiority complex?!!
Just jackin with ya! The project looks good, be sure to by a radio you can buddy box with. Meaning, stick with the major brands so you can plug your transmitter into somebody else's and they can teach you to fly. They generally have to be the same brand.
There are builders on this thread and you are welcome to ask questions if you need to.
Welcome to the thread, and to the hobby as well!
This guy is spamming other threads with a link to his thread.
I've reported it as cross-posting spam.
May 02, 2012, 05:31 PM
Wayne, would you buy another Cularis (sp) again? I've been looking at one for awhile now and I believe you and David22 are the only ones here that have one......David22......what are your thoughts?
See, Mike thinks there is a moderator.
Damn spam!
May 02, 2012, 05:40 PM
Damn Spamn
May 02, 2012, 06:48 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Damn spam!
May 02, 2012, 07:26 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down

Caution.... RC Club RANT to follow

We.... have a RC club at a full scale airport, private grass strip. This facility has seen a decline in full scale traffic for the last few years, its nearly none. There are 8-10 planes stored there, 3 or so never move. Having to stop flying for them is few and far between.

We have a standing Club and Airport rule that is above ALL Others. When a Full Scale enters the pattern, planes and people are NOT ON THE RUNWAY. Seems simple right?

One of our fairly long standing club members Sunday thought it would be cool to see how it felt to stand on the active runway, on purpose, to see how it would feel. Mind you, I wasnt there at the time, but with the phone calls I KNEW it must have been true. This is the type thing that could have our entire club removed from this big, wide open, field and we have no recourse....yup... he did it. So... the officers have got to be brought up to speed, do damage control, and figure out what to do about this. He could be a danger to others.

2 nights later at the meeting, still not prepared to deal with this, he speaks up in open forum and tells everyone he did this.

I seen 2 people's heads hit the tables and about 15 W D F glares from around the room and I am too stumped to even address it. Meeting is already running behind due to the fact this same person is stirring up issues in other areas that additionally could cost us our lease.

What do you do with that? You can not help someone who want accept it.
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Jun 15, 2012 at 07:50 PM.
May 02, 2012, 07:33 PM
Montana Transplant
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
We.... have a RC club at a full scale airport, private grass strip. This facility has seen a decline in full scale traffic for the last few years, its nearly none. There are 8-10 planes stored there, 3 or so never move. Having to stop flying for them is few and far between.

We have a standing Club and Airport rule that is above ALL Others. When a Full Scale enters the pattern, planes and people are NOT ON THE RUNWAY. Seems simple right?

One of our fairly long standing club members Sunday thought it would be cool to see how it felt to stand on the active runway, on purpose, to see how it would feel. Mind you, I wasnt there at the time, but with the phone calls I KNEW it must have been true. This is the type thing that could have our entire club removed from this big, wide open, field and we have no recourse....yup... he did it. So... the officers have got to be brought up to speed, do damage control, and figure out what to do about this. He could be a danger to others.

2 nights later at the meeting, still not prepared to deal with this, he speaks up in open forum and tells everyone he did this.

I seen 2 people's heads hit the tables and about 15 W D F glares from around the room and I am too stumped to even address it. Meeting is already running behind due to the fact this same person is stirring up issues in other areas that additionally could cost us our lease.

What do you do with that? You can not fix stupid.
too nice a field to allow this behavior..... have him banned for 30 days... if it is repeated... ban forever.. put a notice of the ban action at airport

MY .02
May 02, 2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974
This guy is spamming other threads with a link to his thread.
I've reported it as cross-posting spam.
O please don't be mean
May 02, 2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer
too nice a field to allow this behavior..... have him banned for 30 days... if it is repeated... ban forever.. put a notice of the ban action at airport

MY .02
With all the complaints and issue this could cause, the hobby is just stressful some days. I value your input, it is always great to get a temp check and different views before telling your club members what you think should be looked into.
Last edited by DaOldGuy; May 03, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
May 02, 2012, 08:06 PM
Guys i've been trying to give my wife a lesson in economics. I don't think it working though.
You see my flying field has a bunch of locust tree sprouting up on one end of it on my neighbors property. Now A I could get a 72 inch 3DHS Slick that can harrier land on a short field for around 500 and some odd dollars or B I can lengthen my run way by building a 2 acre pond and putting the dirt from it on my runway. making it all nice and level. that she'd be about 500 ft. At only a cost of 20 grand which we could borrrow from the bank for about 200 a month.
So we got 500 on one hand and twenty grand on the other hand. But momma still isn't quite going for it.
May 02, 2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
Guys i've been trying to give my wife a lesson in economics. I don't think it working though.
You see my flying field has a bunch of locust tree sprouting up on one end of it on my neighbors property. Now A I could get a 72 inch 3DHS Slick that can harrier land on a short field for around 500 and some odd dollars or B I can lengthen my run way by building a 2 acre pond and putting the dirt from it on my runway. making it all nice and level. that she'd be about 500 ft. At only a cost of 20 grand which we could borrrow from the bank for about 200 a month.
So we got 500 on one hand and twenty grand on the other hand. But momma still isn't quite going for it.
Is her question economics or is it a issue of disturbing nature?

Quick Reply