Thread Tools
Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:55 PM
plowboy1966 is offline
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Registered User
Screw that thing! It came out that day and has been in the bottom of a box since!
If anybody wants it.....
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:00 PM
Waldopepperaxe is offline
Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Walk of Shame Season :)
Waldopepperaxe's Avatar
Yes Plow that is definitely one heart stompin vid to watch I loved it then and love it now lol and you get a great big kudo's for holding your cool and flying it until she reached the ground I have seen people in the same situation just drop their arms and start cursing mean obsenities at the plane as it plummets to the tera firma All I could think was you never even gave it a chance to regain control lol Nice job and so glad it worked out well.

you mentioned those Hicap rx's and I swear I'm scared to death every time I put one in a plane I have had 3 hitech rx's and had all rx failures in flight to drop my planes to balsa dust, But its what I have to supply the plane so I just check em and pray now LOL and they go into planes I won't mind rebuilding if needed. I do have one on my Giant P-47 that came with the plane and it makes me very nervous.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:11 PM
plowboy1966 is offline
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Registered User
Thanks Waldo! You can hear me telling my buddy Brian to move back, he was walking out onto the runway for some reason!!?? The other guy in the background that you hear who is so excited is BigK's brother. That guy cracks me up, he's a wild one!! Look out!!!! Lol
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:15 PM
DaOldGuy is online now
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
My buddy with the 35% H9 Extra has the XPS module now, Arron was helping him set it up, that is a VERY snug fit in the 9C and the antenna is upright so its not sticking out the back like some or on a cable like a dingle.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:19 PM
plowboy1966 is offline
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
My buddy with the 35% H9 Extra has the XPS module now, Arron was helping him set it up, that is a VERY snug fit in the 9C and the antenna is upright so its not sticking out the back like some or on a cable like a dingle.
Is he gonna fly that plane with that radio?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:28 PM
DaOldGuy is online now
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Is he gonna fly that plane with that radio?
Yes.... He needs another pair of Nanos to put in it. He has a 104 AJ Slick with a Pair of Nanos and a DA 120.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:18 PM
DaOldGuy is online now
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Here is what the Nano install looks like on the 100 cc plane. Only the signal wires are active since power is distributed to the servos seperately.

12 channels, all with their own fail safe programming.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:18 PM
StickHack is offline
Find More Posts by StickHack
The Ayatollah of Rock & Rolla
StickHack's Avatar
So the story with the 1.20 is this,

First off its an O.S. FS1.20SE Surpass (four stroker)

Mounted with the head facing about 8 o'clock. Three line tank, with muffler pressure to it, and a fuel dot for a fill / drain. Tank is almost level with the HS needle valve, real close. New glow plug, OS type F, and fresh 15% fuel that runs fine in all my other stuff. It will idle with glow powered, but when power is remove it sharply dies out. Will maintain high rpm when glow power is removed but I notice its not smooth like it should be. Tried adjusting the carb on both sides high and low, in both directions, rich and lean. The motor was purchased used, and I am a noobie so I paid a lot for it, $200. Its in a Seagull Edge 540 60 size. I have a 17x6 Vess on it, the largest prop listed for this engine per O.S. I sent them an email asking for advice, they say put in a hotter plug. In a four stroke? Seriously? Or add onboard glow. I thought this engine was fine without onboard glow? Not really happy about OS customer service. I am about to send it in for service, and bit the bullet so to speak on the extra cost. I dont know what else to do at this point. I dont really want to mess with an onboard glow system. I might make my own out of a d size battery holder, and a remote on / off switch controled by the tx. Stupid airplanes.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:12 PM
plowboy1966 is offline
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickHack View Post
So the story with the 1.20 is this,

First off its an O.S. FS1.20SE Surpass (four stroker)

Mounted with the head facing about 8 o'clock. Three line tank, with muffler pressure to it, and a fuel dot for a fill / drain. Tank is almost level with the HS needle valve, real close. New glow plug, OS type F, and fresh 15% fuel that runs fine in all my other stuff. It will idle with glow powered, but when power is remove it sharply dies out. Will maintain high rpm when glow power is removed but I notice its not smooth like it should be. Tried adjusting the carb on both sides high and low, in both directions, rich and lean. The motor was purchased used, and I am a noobie so I paid a lot for it, $200. Its in a Seagull Edge 540 60 size. I have a 17x6 Vess on it, the largest prop listed for this engine per O.S. I sent them an email asking for advice, they say put in a hotter plug. In a four stroke? Seriously? Or add onboard glow. I thought this engine was fine without onboard glow? Not really happy about OS customer service. I am about to send it in for service, and bit the bullet so to speak on the extra cost. I dont know what else to do at this point. I dont really want to mess with an onboard glow system. I might make my own out of a d size battery holder, and a remote on / off switch controled by the tx. Stupid airplanes.
Adjust the valves. Then try running an auxiliary tank with just a pressure line and a fuel line. Hold it even with the carb but near the engine somewhere outside the plane. You may have to take the carb apart and check it out. Where are your needle valves set? Have you run them all the way in and started over?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:12 PM
plowboy1966 is offline
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Here is what the Nano install looks like on the 100 cc plane. Only the signal wires are active since power is distributed to the servos seperately.

12 channels, all with their own fail safe programming.
That looks and sounds great....but I have no idea what I'm looking at!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:41 PM
StickHack is offline
Find More Posts by StickHack
The Ayatollah of Rock & Rolla
StickHack's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Adjust the valves. Then try running an auxiliary tank with just a pressure line and a fuel line. Hold it even with the carb but near the engine somewhere outside the plane. You may have to take the carb apart and check it out. Where are your needle valves set? Have you run them all the way in and started over?

The valves probably need to be set, since its an unknown. A guy at my club is going to look at them. I checked my tank for air leaks, its good. The needles have been turned all the way in, then set to factory specs per the manual, and adjusted from there. I need the three line system because of the cowling. I am going to demount the motor and let a guy I trust take it home and check it out on a test stand. If no resolution can be found, I will ship it to the service center for a run through.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:49 PM
plowboy1966 is offline
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Registered User
Doesn't sound like an air leak, it sounds really rich.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:50 PM
plowboy1966 is offline
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Registered User
You need the longest plug you can find too.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:00 PM
StickHack is offline
Find More Posts by StickHack
The Ayatollah of Rock & Rolla
StickHack's Avatar
I was not aware they made "hotter" four stroke plugs, you know of any? Only other four stroke I have is a Magnum .91 and it never misses a beat. I use OS type F plugs in it as well.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:41 PM
plowboy1966 is offline
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Registered User
It sounds like the fuel is puddling around the plug and putting out the fire. That's why I said you need the longest plug you can find, to get it out in the clear. Still, you need to know why it's dumping so much fuel in there.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 55 Sep 16, 2016 05:53 PM
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 08:45 AM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 03:28 AM