Apr 16, 2012, 06:35 PM
ProBro, 3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1
Honestly Waldo, all of my 3D planes have the CG set just a hair nose heavy. That's where I like to fly them as they tend to track, land and balloon a lot less and it seems to have no detrimental effect on performing any 3D moves. However, this of course is always a matter of personal preference so by all means, experiment
+1 on the tad on the nose heavy side. If it's good enough for world champion Andrew Jesky it good enough for me.

On a side note, I went up to Urbana, Ohio Sunday and got to see a large number of B-25's fly-in and practice for a fly-in at WPAB next week to celebrate the remaining Doolittle raiders. How cool to see these beauties up close and personal and to get a chance to see them takeoff and land and do flybys down low. These came in from all over the USA, and they had some on static display with the bomb doors open and loaded for bear. I counted 19 with a few more still in route. A P-51 did a low flyby about 30' off the ground and then landed to join the fun. Windy as hell, crosswind of 30-40mph gust, but it didn't seem to bother them except for a few wing rocks on landing approach. What a day!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2012, 06:44 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
Just because it's funny...
X Games ETOC
Little X Game Ruff Hoowsin (1 min 31 sec)
Apr 16, 2012, 07:01 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
I put my un-built 89" Slick up on CL for sale today. It really isn't what I wanted anyway.
Apr 16, 2012, 07:03 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
I am dropping the price on the GP Christen Eagle to $200 pickup. It is still double boxed so I can ship it if you pay the freight.
Apr 16, 2012, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
I put my un-built 89" Slick up on CL for sale today. It really isn't what I wanted anyway.

Apr 16, 2012, 07:35 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
Dude!! Want a giant Cub?? And a 1,80?!!
Apr 16, 2012, 08:00 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Quote:
I can hit full up elevator in a full throttle dive with my 3dhs 51" slick and it doesn't snap.
Needs more elevator throw
Apr 16, 2012, 08:50 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Did I say that out loud?
Last edited by plowboy1966; Apr 16, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Apr 16, 2012, 08:55 PM
Now both my little Edge and the Green Machine don't really snap. Otherwise I wouldn't own them. Snapping on a tapered wing has alot to do with wing loading. Thats what makes Goldwing, 3DHS and EF such good 3D aircraft.
I did alittle tuning on the MX tonight and now it's ready for some flying tomorrow. I still may have to do a littlew dyno tuning.

Snowy I hear they got 11 inches of snow in frozen kiester from the storm that moved through here. have a safe trip.
Apr 16, 2012, 09:11 PM
3d NOOBular
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta
Needs more elevator throw
You are right... 55 deg isn't nearly enough
Apr 16, 2012, 10:11 PM
3d NOOBular
I went flying at the turf farm and the whole family came along. My oldest found a mud hole pretty quick and ticked her mom off Then my beautiful wife became the best darn caller there ever was for practicing the sportsman sequence for IMAC. It was a pretty fun little outing until I realized I was flying on a pack that was not fully charged. I had started charging it when I realized my car battery was too dead to start. It had probly been halfway charged before I stopped it. Toward the end of the sequence I was starting to think... man this battery usually has lots of poop what's going on? Well, I landed safely just as my voltage alarm started to go off on the A9.

Also, earlier the wind blew my tx off of a chair onto concrete. I couldn't believe that actually happened... anyway I am getting some funkyness from it now. I think it's the power connection where the battery connects. I may have to investigate further on that.
Apr 16, 2012, 10:13 PM
Kerwin....my wife has been keeping me updated on the snow...it's not unusual for us to get snow in May.....that doesn't mean it still don't suck! Maybe it'll melt by Thursday....yeah right! Maybe I could stay in Maine for an additional two weeks?
Apr 16, 2012, 10:18 PM
Survived the storms!

Actually went chasing because a nasty cell was timed about perfect before it got dark... Got to see a pretty decent wedge tornado on the ground out in the middle of nowhere... Then went back home and ran out west while a tornado screwed up the southeast side of the city... It's actually really messy. National Guard was called up to fix the mess. Lowe's just a few miles away is missing windows. One of the big aircraft plants had the roof cave in. Pretty nasty really... We got lucky the tornado didn't roll through our neighborhood. It was pretty close...

-Eric
Apr 16, 2012, 10:32 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Hey Eric, cool story bro! Glad you guys are okay!!
Apr 16, 2012, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04
Survived the storms!

Actually went chasing because a nasty cell was timed about perfect before it got dark... Got to see a pretty decent wedge tornado on the ground out in the middle of nowhere... Then went back home and ran out west while a tornado screwed up the southeast side of the city... It's actually really messy. National Guard was called up to fix the mess. Lowe's just a few miles away is missing windows. One of the big aircraft plants had the roof cave in. Pretty nasty really... We got lucky the tornado didn't roll through our neighborhood. It was pretty close...

-Eric
Dang Eric.... I dont miss them things from when I lived in the Heart Land. They are very cool to watch when they are in the middle of no where, not affecting folks.

Quick Reply