Mar 28, 2012, 09:49 AM
3d NOOBular
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
I have a Sabre....
... and scabbard, and sam browne belt...
Now all you need is a civil war outfit to go with it
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
Well it's 7:05, the morning. The weather is looking nice so far. The winds are calm and I got to go to work..
Good morning all
Now that is a twist...sunny, calm winds and I DONT have to work today...guess who's going flying?!
Mar 28, 2012, 10:24 AM
Rub it in!
Mar 28, 2012, 11:01 AM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Thanks for asking.....gave me a chance to rant....
Oh Crap.... Didnt know we needed a reason to rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974
Now that is a twist...sunny, calm winds and I DONT have to work today...guess who's going flying?!
Its storming and I am working, that is fair.
Mar 28, 2012, 11:10 AM
3d NOOBular
We are getting wind this afternoon... beautiful right now though... I gotta figure out how to fix this motor that threw a couple magnets. Does this look like the same thing as this?
Mar 28, 2012, 11:53 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
We are getting wind this afternoon... beautiful right now though... I gotta figure out how to fix this motor that threw a couple magnets. Does this look like the same thing as this?
I am not an expert but the notes on the Go Brushless kit uses insta-cure THIN ca. They say it is best to use thin ca so it wicks in.

I don't know about the two you listed.
Mar 28, 2012, 12:02 PM
3d NOOBular
The first adhesive is what gobrushless sells and recommends. I'm just trying to find the consumer equivalent so I can get it locally and not have to pay or wait for shipping.
Mar 28, 2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Rub it in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy

Its storming and I am working, that is fair.
Just got back from flying...the "field" I flew at was nothing more than a large open field with some dirt tracks running through it. When I arrived, there were two guys flying already! So I got to fly, meet some locals, and make a few "interesting" landings on the narrow dirt path. It was pretty rough on the CF landing gear of my 47" Extra. ) I also learned the location of a few other local flying spots (at city parks, schools, etc. Nice to fly with others, even when out of town. Weather for tomorrow shows more sun, temps in the low 70's and winds around 6mph all day.
Hopefully I'll be doing some flying tomorrow as well.

Hope the weather clears for you guys at the same time that you have time to fly!
Peace,
Mike
Mar 28, 2012, 12:55 PM
3d NOOBular
Sweet Mike... hope your vacation continues to be fun... and watch out for screens or really clean glass
Mar 28, 2012, 01:11 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
I am not an expert but the notes on the Go Brushless kit uses insta-cure THIN ca. They say it is best to use thin ca so it wicks in.

I don't know about the two you listed.
Thin CA is a short term solution, its just to brittle. All the kit motors I have worked with have always come with a specifit product for the magnets.

We should use the crap that holds the rear view mirror stub to the windshield of the cars. 8) CA would never keep that mirror mounted.
Mar 28, 2012, 01:13 PM
3d NOOBular
I was looking at that adhesive too since it is readily available at autozone. I just thought the rubberized CA would have a better chance with the vibration.
Mar 28, 2012, 01:14 PM
3d NOOBular
Also, I was concerned that the rear view mirror glue might not bond well to metal.
Mar 28, 2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Sweet Mike... hope your vacation continues to be fun... and watch out for screens or really clean glass
LOL +1 on the watch out for screens

One interesting thing happened while I was flying today...a 747 on final approach to Petersen AFB came in right over my head. I gotta tell ya, it was hard to keep my eye on my teeny tiny plane in the air when a 747 is going right over your head at probably less than 1000 feet.
Mar 28, 2012, 01:52 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Quote:
The first adhesive is what gobrushless sells and recommends. I'm just trying to find the consumer equivalent so I can get it locally and not have to pay or wait for shipping.
I saw that too Nate. I looked at the instructions on the kit builds. Like I said, I am not expert there.

Quick Reply