Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Guess who's at the field today for the second day in a row!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by kerwin50
I don't know please tell me.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Walk of Shame Season :)
WOW ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS BUILD IT YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its very easy and you'll love it. after all this is a Hobby isn't it (waldo talking to himself) This is a hobby right Waldo answers "why yes I think" Waldo replys "I don't know anymore, I think its turned into a buy it and fly it lifestyle for most. Oh the joys they'll never know Yes I need to get out and fly

Nomatta Sweet looking build, I love your work always

Quote:
The hard part is all the bits and choices.... I was looking at the pspmfg tank cap today for my Fiji water bottle.... 34 bucks delivered... Easy answer, aint buying it. Switching BEC verses Linear for the servos, so I need 2 batteries or is one enough, should I have 2 regs, or is one enough? building plane fun, bits are a different story.
I can't resist here DOG
Fuel Motor.... Need fuel tank and plug. end of confusion lol
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
Different strokes for different folks For me the flying IS the hobby. I like the other parts as well but building is not my strong point. I know I COULD do it but Mike can do it better.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
WOW ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS BUILD IT YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't resist here DOG
Fuel Motor.... Need fuel tank and plug. end of confusion lol
We have club members that the hobby stops at flying and fueling. I think if it works out for people, its all good. It allows me to build all sorts of planes, some I would never own myself.

Waldo.... Lightest is bestest and a tank with no seams to split, is less messiest. I am putting in a 16 ounce Fiji seamless water bottle, leaving the new Dubro 32 ounce sit.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Montana Transplant
while packing to move found I missed an electric Corsair

Low post count since 2005
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:17 PM
Find More Posts by CRFan1
Great day at the field....after the fog lifted . Flew my EF extra 6 times and that thing just rocks....so reponsive yet docile. It just does everything crazy good

Also maidened a new 71" slick with a dle 30 and a cannister for a club member...now I REALLY want to fly mine again, lol. All in all a good day...weather was so so but we made the best of it.m
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:20 PM
Find More Posts by CRFan1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
We have club members that the hobby stops at flying and fueling. I think if it works out for people, its all good. It allows me to build all sorts of planes, some I would never own myself.

Waldo.... Lightest is bestest and a tank with no seams to split, is less messiest. I am putting in a 16 ounce Fiji seamless water bottle, leaving the new Dubro 32 ounce sit.
I have the fourtitude rc 8 oz tank in mine...19 bucks from aeroworks and i think 3dhs carries them now. Good tank and light. Nate, if you are after light, just run a single 2300 A123 set up from wrong way....it is really a nice set up. I use a diode in between the ignition (5.4 volts) and i have zero issues.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Different strokes for different folks For me the flying IS the hobby. I like the other parts as well but building is not my strong point. I know I COULD do it but Mike can do it better.
I hear ya Nate. You want the best job done. I know I've been there, done it and bought the Tee shirt. I had a Hangar 9 Sopwith Camel that I had a friend build for me. He done such a nice job and I was very proud of her. I really hated selling her.
Whats even worse was watching the guy's son who bought it crash it.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:57 PM
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Wayne here is the part you are missing. A basic assumption you are making about the cost. Also, you don't HAVE to buy a high discharge rate LiFe pack. And it doesn't hurt that it weighs a lot less.

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...h-2s-life.html

I see a balance plug. Are you planning to keep the LiFE packs balanced?
I will be running HV servos in my slick so that is why I'll have a 2s lipo for rx.

I have not had any problem running 5 Hi-torque digital servos off two NiMH packs in parallel.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:16 PM
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
while packing to move found I missed an electric Corsair

Low post count since 2005
We know you get a lot of flying in Daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post

I have not had any problem running 5 Hi-torque digital servos off two NiMH packs in parallel.
I balance all batteries around the 5th or so change, if you look at cycling NiCad and NiMH, its really no different.

First time you do a Wall and all you servos blow back <high torque or not> you would see the loss. If you are not doing any real high stress moves, you may be right.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:35 PM
Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Montana Transplant
Everyone to Montana in July to camp and fly at 8000+ ft... Chris you still lplanning on it... July- Moose Park (Kings Hill)... come on Wayne... you-can-do-it-
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:34 PM
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post

Fox Manufacturing makes a Fuji fitting. Josh gave me one last year, it's still sitting in a box with the unopened bottle of water!! Someday...

I had a great time the last two days. The first 3D flying I've done in a long time! I banged on my AW Freestyle pretty hard. I still hate that plane! The Orange receiver Nate sent me (thanks again Nate) worked flawlessly, much better than my thumbs!! I just slapped her in, maxed out the throws and let her rip! I put 30% expo in for the second flight, but that's it, and only on the ailerons.
There were quite a few flyers out today at the field I went to, including a few good 3d flyers. I think I'm gonna like that club.

I need an 89" Slick, I believe.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:50 PM
DOG you are so right. Thanks for reminding me. I need to cycle my MX batteries
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:18 PM
Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Hardrock Miner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
Everyone to Montana in July to camp and fly at 8000+ ft... Chris you still lplanning on it... July- Moose Park (Kings Hill)... come on Wayne... you-can-do-it-
Oh yeah. Still planning on it.