Thread Tools
Old Oct 16, 2011, 01:40 PM
waynemia is offline
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Corsair is broken. Wing on one side is nearly broken off. I was trying to get a slow landing in. I added a touch of throttle and the plane rolled left and caught the wing tip.
A lot of paint chips on the cowl. I think I will try to repair the wing. A new one is $90.

I think it was torque roll.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2011, 02:05 PM
3DNater is online now
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
ouch
Old Oct 16, 2011, 02:09 PM
kerwin50 is offline
Find More Posts by kerwin50
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
Double ouch. I hate that when it happens. I have had a few planes that would tourqe roll with the application of throttle.
You got any pic's
Old Oct 16, 2011, 03:50 PM
CRFan1 is offline
Find More Posts by CRFan1
Registered User
Here is a video of my Kid flying his EF Extra 300 EXP.....Nothing too crazy as it was the 2nd flight but it's an amazing plane. One click of trim was it, hehe

Extreme Flight 60" Extra 300 EXP (6 min 48 sec)
Old Oct 16, 2011, 05:43 PM
SnowDog1974 is offline
Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Here is a video of my Kid flying his EF Extra 300 EXP.....Nothing too crazy as it was the 2nd flight but it's an amazing plane. One click of trim was it, hehe

\
Hey that was a great flight and looks to be a really nice handling plane!
Old Oct 16, 2011, 06:32 PM
DaOldGuy is offline
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Corsair is broken. Wing on one side is nearly broken off. I was trying to get a slow landing in. I added a touch of throttle and the plane rolled left and caught the wing tip.
A lot of paint chips on the cowl. I think I will try to repair the wing. A new one is $90.

I think it was torque roll.
Our Corsair guys call that the "Ground Loop", they happen on take offs and landing with those planes. Got to land um hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Here is a video of my Kid flying his EF Extra 300 EXP.....Nothing too crazy as it was the 2nd flight but it's an amazing plane. One click of trim was it, hehe
Nice plane. I was suprised that it was a 6 Cell, which Turnigy motor, looks like it kicks it great.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:09 PM
CRFan1 is offline
Find More Posts by CRFan1
Registered User
Mike, thanks! It is an amazing plane. Came in at 5 pounds 9 ounces with battery

Old guy, I am running the combo from EF which is the torque motor and air boss 80amp esc....I am running turnigy 6S 3300 mah lipos. It has plenty of power...he really wasn' t even getting on it much.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:25 PM
3DNater is online now
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
Man the Rangers really went bananas last night. I have never really been a baseball fan but that was really fun to watch.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:27 PM
kerwin50 is offline
Find More Posts by kerwin50
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
Yeah Tom that boy of yours is a good pilot.
The plane is really nice too.
I got 3 flights in this evening with the little 540.
I switched to a smaller prop but it didn't help the squealing any. I do have an Omega 72 on the way though.
I havn't been able to nail the KE spin with this plane yet.
It was still alittle breeze this evening and I didn't head out to the flying field, instead I just went down the street a few blocks to fly. I may try again tomorrow.
O Waldo Waldo where are you
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:39 PM
DaOldGuy is offline
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
It was much more simple back then.

Dastardly and Muttley: Operation Anvil (2 min 11 sec)
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:56 PM
CRFan1 is offline
Find More Posts by CRFan1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Yeah Tom that boy of yours is a good pilot.
The plane is really nice too.
I got 3 flights in this evening with the little 540.
I switched to a smaller prop but it didn't help the squealing any. I do have an Omega 72 on the way though.
I havn't been able to nail the KE spin with this plane yet.
It was still alittle breeze this evening and I didn't head out to the flying field, instead I just went down the street a few blocks to fly. I may try again tomorrow.
O Waldo Waldo where are you
Kerwin, thanks for the kind words and glad you got some flights in! We basically got 2 flights in (I flew my 48" Edge) and the wind really picked up so we packed it up. Glad to get a couple in anyway because Saturday we got Zero

I hope that new motor works for you and you get that thing sorted out!
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:57 PM
CRFan1 is offline
Find More Posts by CRFan1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I actually remember this, lolol
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:10 PM
DaOldGuy is offline
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
I actually remember this, lolol
Well that is 2 of us that have admitted to our age.... I loved that show. Could explain some of the scratch built foamies in the other sections of the forum.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:05 PM
waynemia is offline
Find More Posts by waynemia
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
I think my daughter watched that cartoon. The theme song was annoying.

No pics of the Corsair yet. I don't know if I will repair or replace.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:32 PM
SnowDog1974 is offline
Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
I actually remember this, lolol
Those were the good old days!

classic cartoons!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 55 Sep 16, 2016 05:53 PM
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 08:45 AM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 03:28 AM