Club Twistaholic - Page 1027 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 08, 2011, 11:09 AM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
I see they have some distributors too. If they still maintain the warehouse in Texas, it may still be taxable.
I haven't heard anything about them maintaining the Texas warehouse.

The only distributors for 3DHS (that I know of) are currently listed on their home page.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2011, 11:23 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
I see they have some distributors too. If they still maintain the warehouse in Texas, it may still be taxable.
The Texas thing is going away as far as I know. In talking with rob at ADC, he is actually trying to be a parts supplier for 3DHS as well and let 3DHS handle the planes. But as far as I have heard, PA is where it will all be at
Sep 08, 2011, 01:00 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
They have espiritmodels and adchobbystore.com. Basically the same prices as buying direct but the customer incentive plans are different at each shop.
Sep 08, 2011, 02:05 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
They have espiritmodels and adchobbystore.com. Basically the same prices as buying direct but the customer incentive plans are different at each shop.
The Hacker motor I am ordering is a few bucks cheaper at ADC... <shuush, dont tell anyone>
Sep 08, 2011, 02:10 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
I thought I was pretty lucky to find a hacker A30-10XL on RCU. The guy accepted my offer of $55 shipped so I was really stoked. Yesterday I still hadn't received a shipping notice (I paid on Sat) so I wrote him a complaint about not being notified about it being shipped and asking for tracking info if it had. He apologized and said he would have it out that night. I just got a tracking number a half hour ago.

Now I am wondering if all the other stuff he said about it will turn out bad. I'm halfway expecting to get a turnigy or something
Sep 08, 2011, 02:23 PM
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
anyone know anything about a Great Planes DAZZLER 40, my son found one. I don;t know anything about them.. sport, 3D ????
Sep 08, 2011, 02:24 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer
anyone know anything about a DAZZLER 40, my son found one. I don;t know anything about them.. sport, 3D ????
http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...cfm?kit_id=334

http://www.greatplanes.com/reviews/gpma1038-man.html

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products.../gpma1038.html

Reviews are not very favorable, IMHO:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...cfm?kit_id=334
Sep 08, 2011, 02:29 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer
anyone know anything about a Great Planes DAZZLER 40, my son found one. I don;t know anything about them.. sport, 3D ????
there is one list on RCG forsale
Sep 08, 2011, 02:33 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
I think you would be better off buying the kit for $45 and building it yourself:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1501483
Sep 08, 2011, 02:55 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer
anyone know anything about a Great Planes DAZZLER 40, my son found one. I don;t know anything about them.. sport, 3D ????
I had one. It is a sport plane. Fixed wing so you have to allow for that in transportation. Covered in shelf paper (I don't know what else to call it, you peel the back and stick it on). Not a lot of extra room in it.

Just a nice sport model but if you break it, it is not that easy to repair.

Kind of the same as an Uproar.

I would not really recommend it to anyone. There are better, updated planes around. Like a T-W-I-S-T.
Last edited by waynemia; Sep 08, 2011 at 03:03 PM.
Sep 08, 2011, 03:24 PM
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
there is one list on RCG forsale
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz
I think you would be better off buying the kit for $45 and building it yourself:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1501483
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
I had one. It is a sport plane. Fixed wing so you have to allow for that in transportation. Covered in shelf paper (I don't know what else to call it, you peel the back and stick it on). Not a lot of extra room in it.

Just a nice sport model but if you break it, it is not that easy to repair.

Kind of the same as an Uproar.

I would not really recommend it to anyone. There are better, updated planes around. Like a T-W-I-S-T.
Thanks guys,
after he read the review he decided against it....

I think he needs to stay with the TT40, a profile, or stay with his 3DHS Velox
Sep 08, 2011, 03:28 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer
Thanks guys,
after he read the review he decided against it....

I think he needs to stay with the TT40, a profile, or stay with his 3DHS Velox
What size is his Velox?

If he wants to sell that, make sure you give us first crack at it!
Sep 08, 2011, 03:31 PM
Montana Transplant
mt_flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz
What size is his Velox?

If he wants to sell that, make sure you give us first crack at it!
I want to say it is 47" not sure.. I set it up for him about a year ago, great flying plane... almost didn;t give it back to him
Sep 08, 2011, 03:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer
I want to say it is 47" not sure.. I set it up for him about a year ago, great flying plane... almost didn;t give it back to him
Not sure I would ever part with any 3DHS or EF plane, lol. Now my Aeroworks Extra 300...maybe
Sep 08, 2011, 04:52 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
I don't like the phenolic horns EF uses.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 55 Sep 16, 2016 04:53 PM
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 07:45 AM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 02:28 AM