Oct 16, 2017, 10:41 AM
I'm with you Wayne, I don't think there's much value there! Same holds true for hams.........they buy a radio, use it for 25 years, and then try to sell it for more than they paid for it! Now these guys are stuck with boat anchors because modern radios are so much better.........the up-and-coming hams don't want to be spending their time repairing their radios.......they want to talk on 'em!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2017, 11:59 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Yeah Wayne be carefulnonvthatbas you know anyway, congrats on the new proposed field 😀I'd say between engines and planes I have a good $7000-$15,000 worth of stuff fornallbthwbyears I've been involved but I know I'd be lucky to bring in $800 -$1200 for all of it, everything works all my planes are flyable but not in the greatest looking conditions, as I fly the crap out of my stuff lol as an example my 1/4 scale tripe from balsa USA is worth all of $1,000 in just Workmanship alone, and it's a very nice plane built to perfection and strong, I'll never see more than a couple hundred for it I'm sure the engine was $300 brand new and will never sell for that.

K50 good luck with all that and don't be welding batteries in a can lol

Well I had a sinus infection going on for the last week I even had to ground my self from flying on saturday which was a first for me hope fully I'll be back in the sky this Saturday, still feeling weak
Oct 16, 2017, 01:08 PM
Snowman's love child
Waldo you are "priceless"!
Oct 17, 2017, 01:30 PM
".....still feeling weak." ???????!!!!!!!
Oct 17, 2017, 02:17 PM
3d NOOBular
I flew my crack yak yesterday while I was waiting for support from my last 2016 tax client. Some people just won't give you anything till the last day no matter what. And he was getting a refund! Of course he didn't know that till I dug for deductions. It's amazing the things you find when you dig. They guy is paying alimony and never told me! Can you imagine? It's even on the questionairre. Come to find out he also had to produce business information for the divorce court at a cost of almost $7000. He even has itemized invoices to back it all up. I decided since the business had to produce the information it was a business expense. Bam! instead of owing a grand, he got back a grand. :P

I have another friend that got back $5700 for 2016 and only $2k for 2015. Financial picture hasn't changed... the other accountant was an idiot. My brother got his anticipated tax liability reduced by $4600. He had already paid it in April just to be sure. I had some really happy clients yesterday, and thankfully no bad news had to be given out.

Anyway, the plane still flies good but my old batteries are flat. I just took delivery of a couple new lipos for it but I have to solder the correct connectors on them before I can use them.
Last edited by 3DNater; Oct 17, 2017 at 02:23 PM.
Oct 17, 2017, 10:18 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Wow good job Nate !!!!

Yep snowman weak as in no energy but doing much better now Gearing up for a good fly day this Saturday after a 2 week hiatus...

Edwardo I have a price $15.00 or a bag of donuts
Oct 18, 2017, 12:00 PM
I have a brand new H9 Twist 60 ARF. Will an OS 120 FS surpass be too much for it? What servos would work with that combo?
Oct 18, 2017, 01:01 PM
Perfect! I'd use a metal geared servo for all control surfaces.......doesn't have to be crazy pricey!
Oct 19, 2017, 10:17 AM
Snowman's love child
Snowman are you feeling better?
Oct 19, 2017, 12:24 PM
Nate I just love the crack yak. I've been considering one for quite some time. But evil Zack has been talking me into getting a blade inductrix plus. With winter approaching fast , we could race in his garage.
It's 139 bucks and momma isn't convinced yet.
Oct 19, 2017, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatala.8
I have a brand new H9 Twist 60 ARF. Will an OS 120 FS surpass be too much for it? What servos would work with that combo?
Sounds like a perfect fit
Oct 21, 2017, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards49
Snowman are you feeling better?
Eh?
Oct 21, 2017, 08:37 AM
Replacing the pass transistors and power switch in a power supply this evening.........finishing up some more work on the garage this morning........going grocery shopping with the wife and daughter this afternoon..........looks to be a full day!
Oct 22, 2017, 08:42 AM
3d NOOBular
Speaking of full days. Let me tell you about yesterday.

So I had the demonstration flying yesterday at the municipal airport. I was scheduled for 10:00 and arrived at around 9:30 to find out more about what they had in mind for me.

I was surprised to see live entertainment and about 50 people walking around. They also had quite a bit of full scale activity. I noticed that the runway was pretty busy.

Dave, the guy in charge had interesting ideas about where he thought I could fly. He initially wanted me to use the airplane parking lot that has structures on three sides and mature trees on the other. I told him it wouldn't work because my plane weighs 12 pounds and can fly over 90 mph. I was going to need a little more room. We settled on me standing on the ramp about midway to the runway and I used the intervening open space.

The first flight was with a 10 mph breeze that killed any desire I might have had for low and slow 3d. I did a bunch of KE passes, slow rolls, tumbles, and big sky pattern type flying. I did do some low stationary harrier rolling into the wind for a few seconds though. The flight eneded without incident. My brother was there with his dgi phantom getting some footage.

The second flight was a little after 12 and the wind had died down to almost nothing. I put the plane up and then was notified that a plane was either on approach or entering the ramp to taxi out to take off. This went on for a solid 10 minutes. During which time I kept my plane circle flying high above the full scale plane activity and out of their way. It was irritating because I had hoped for a little more coordination at the event than that. Anyway, after 10 - 12 minutes of not really being able to do anything fun with the plane there was finally a window of opportunity. About this time my phone rang but I ignored it.

I brought the plane down low and did a real good pop top into harrier. I let her settle down low and did some hovering for a few minutes. Let it torque roll some. It was getting attention. I could hear the spectators comments behind me. Meanwhile my brother was flying his phantom trying to get footage. I start flying a rolling harrier circle. I kept the plane about 2 ft off the ground. People were loving it. As I completed the circle and had the plane coming parallel to the runway my brother got too close with his phantom and i hit it. His rig tumbled to the ground and I kept flying. The crowd gasped. I didn't see any parts of my plane come off so I initially thought maybe I could keep flying. But soon noticed that my elevator trim was off and it felt a little unstable so I landed it.

I had damage to both horizontal and vertical stabs and one hole in the right aileron, and another hole in the covering on the bottom of the fuse. Ronnie doubts his phantom will fly again and it looks like his camera gimbal was damaged

The plan was to converge on my parents house afterward. My wife had an orchestra rehearsal in the morning so she was meeting us there in our other car. As I was leaving the airport parking I noticed a text message from my wife. When my phone rang earlier she was trying to let me know the car broke down and had stranded her about 2 miles out of town. Then another text saying she had gotten my dad to go pick her up.

So... ended up having a very eventful day. Damage to my plane, Ronnie's quad, and a broke down car. I went to bed early lol.
Oct 22, 2017, 02:21 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Sorry Nate. I have been entertaining, cooking for, my wife's four brothers.

Quick Reply