Jan 18, 2010, 10:36 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Discussion

Club Twistaholic

Welcome to the Twistaholic's thread where fans of the Hangar-9 Twist 40, 60 and 150 can come together and discuss all things related to this fun airplane. It seems that the conversation can wander all over the place as there is little that can't be related to the Twist in one way or another.

Here is a link to the mods page for tips and tricks. It is sort of a quick reference thread and meant to be kept uncluttered .... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1032106

There are a lot of great modelers here who are happy to offer tips and advice on a wide variety of modeling subjects, so feel free to ask questions.

Here is a link to the Tweplica build thread that Waldo is doing so that anyone can build one of these from plans drawn up by NoMatta.. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1152519

This a link to a map of the flying fields of Twistaholics across the country. It is being managed by Mt. Flyer so please get the address of your flying field him so that we will know if we are passing through your area in our travels. Thanks and kudos to Dan for taking on the task!!
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...109.335938&z=3

Most of all, have fun!

EDIT..

Here is what Dad Roman posted on the first page of the old Twistaholic's thread and I feel it is appropriate to paste it here:

Welcome To The T_ _ _taholics Thread Everyone!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A big WELCOME to all the T_ _ _TAHOLICS out there. This is a continuation of a T_ _ _T thread that was approximately 8K posts long and had well over 200K views.

Many of us on here have become very close friends so if there is any innuendo that you dont understand, please feel free to ask, as we are glad to explain or repeat ourselves with out handing out any attitude!

While the topic of this thread is an airplane called a Twist, this thread encompasses a group of people lovingly called TwisTaholics. We will talk about our plane, what is on it, where we house it, the piece of land it flys off of, how much these things may cost us, and who our Twist may sleep with (maybe not even another Twist )We have even discussed Waldos soapbox derby in the past. How is this on topic you ask? Well...it took too much of his time AWAY from his Twist! So you see, anything is possible here.

Also you will notice that we spell the airplane "T_ _ _ T" This is a small demonstration of our unhappiness with customer service from the distributor in the past, so we dont speak "its" name.

Welcome to T_ _ _TWORLD
Last edited by plowboy1966; Apr 03, 2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Dad Roman deserved to be on page one!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2010, 10:54 AM
Am I welcome here?
Jan 18, 2010, 11:04 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
OK, I am here.

You want help notifying others?
Jan 18, 2010, 11:09 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
WOW What the hell did I miss

Gheese go to N.H. for 2 days and all heck breaks loose.

Well I'm here and I'm sure we'll round up the troops who want to be here with no problem.

Thanks Plowboy
Jan 18, 2010, 11:12 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Thanks for jumping in guys. I promise I won't go off the rails anytime soon.

Sure Wayne that would be great. I'll post the link on the mods page too.
Jan 18, 2010, 11:16 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Am I welcome here?

Dude! It wouldn't be the same without you!
Jan 18, 2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
Thanks for jumping in guys. I promise I won't go off the rails anytime soon.

Sure Wayne that would be great. I'll post the link on the mods page too.
I will PM folks, You may want to edit your first post on the tips thread and add this link?
Jan 18, 2010, 11:24 AM
Flying Half Pound and Down

Gut Check

"DaOldGuy tosses hat into a strange new room, as to identify if shots will be fired, friend of foe, time and blood loss will tell."
Jan 18, 2010, 11:25 AM
Newbee AMA # 912488
What the heck happened?

Can I be part of the club too?

-Eddie
Jan 18, 2010, 11:36 AM
Hardrock Miner
Well guys, I've made it here. I don't post much as I'm not that much of a talker (writer). But I do enjoy (for the most part) the fellowship that goes on here. I've learned and laughed a lot from you guys. I hope this will be able to continue without hurting or insulting others anymore.
Jan 18, 2010, 12:11 PM
I'm kinda bummed, but I guess that some interpret the written word with more of a negative spin. It's just banter guys! My chubby fingers have a hard time on this I-pod...especially during class.
Jan 18, 2010, 12:18 PM
Suspended Account
I am twistaholic

and my name is David22
Jan 18, 2010, 12:25 PM
I sent notifications to people back to post #1084. I apologize for duplicates, if any. Maybe the others will find their way.

I sent an email to DR asking him to send it to the mailing list.
Jan 18, 2010, 12:31 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris
Well guys, I've made it here. I don't post much as I'm not that much of a talker (writer). But I do enjoy (for the most part) the fellowship that goes on here. I've learned and laughed a lot from you guys. I hope this will be able to continue without hurting or insulting others anymore.
well said sir, well said.
Jan 18, 2010, 12:36 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Opens the door and peeks in yep this must be the place, I smell T~~~Ts in the air. Where do I pay my cover charge?

Quick Reply