Mar 26, 2020, 07:09 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Hey Stuart, I have EchoLink setup for our local repeater at the moment. The ID is AC5V-R.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2020, 08:35 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Hey Ron, how ya been buddy?
Mar 27, 2020, 08:37 AM
Wayne, I've been meaning to try Echolink some day..........maybe that's a project for this week! Our repeater ID is KD8JAM-R Keweenaw County, MI.
Last edited by snowman; Mar 27, 2020 at 10:00 AM.
Mar 27, 2020, 12:33 PM
Great to talk to Stuart (Snowman) today on EchoLink (ham radio)!

If any other of you have licenses, here is the 411:

My Echolink Node is AC5V-R search for repeaters .
For information on EchoLink: http://www.echolink.org/
You can use a program on your computer or your phone. Stuart was on his cell phone today.

I don't monitor the repeater 100% of the time but I do frequently and whenever I am in the truck or the ham shack.

Nets: Our local nets are the ElmerNet on Tuesday nights at 7pm Central. I am the net control most weeks. There is the weekly ragchew and information net on Thursdays at 8pm Central.

It would be great to talk to you. No radio necessary on your end. The phone program is the easiest to install and use.

YOU MUST HAVE A HAM LICENSE.

Also, once you install EchoLink, you will have access to nodes all over the world.

73s, Wayne AC5V
Mar 28, 2020, 07:27 PM
Wayne, thanks for Echolink ID and yes, it was nice talking to you yesterday! I talked to Finland today..........apparently woke the poor guy up! (He shouldn't have left it on, if it was going to wake him up!) Been having a great time on the radios!

W8EEK
Mar 28, 2020, 11:21 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman
Good to hear from you DOG!!! Stay safe all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia
Hi DOG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
Hey Ron, how ya been buddy?
We are all safe and well for the moment.

Hey Yall.... Looks like BAD tornados in the south today.... Our county in PA got added to the "Stay Home" list by the Gov. Chevy HHR hit a Quarter of a Million Miles this week. Youngest has started @ Home College courses and the school is refunding the housing costs. With the new house build, we were not ready for that. Excavation done for the 26x36 pole building starting the end of next week. Still cleaning and leveling things up.
Mar 29, 2020, 01:04 PM
DOG how about some pics of the house?
Mar 29, 2020, 08:05 PM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
wow.....26x36..... Thats a nice hangar
Apr 01, 2020, 08:59 AM
Happy April 2nd. I am glad April fool's day is past.
Apr 01, 2020, 09:08 AM
I don't suffer fools too well..........except maybe Kerwin......... Venturing out to get some groceries.........wonder how much will be available? Morning Wayne!
Apr 01, 2020, 05:28 PM
Quote:
DOG how about some pics of the house?
I will have to dig up something. We are in constant construction and the place is basically a mess that moves with every project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
wow.....26x36..... Thats a nice hangar
Was going to be a 30X40 but space and budget interjected. 26X16 of that is for Print Shop and Work Shop Tools. The other 20X26 is to park cars and the tractor to keep up out of the elements.

All the holes are dug, the back wall posts are up.

Quote:
I don't suffer fools too well..........except maybe Kerwin......... Venturing out to get some groceries.........wonder how much will be available? Morning Wayne!
Careful out there snowy, the sneezers and coughers will be out as well.
Apr 01, 2020, 08:40 PM
DOG..........you were right! The younger folks were ignoring the social distancing guidlines........and smiling when they occupied my personal space. Oh, and about personal space...........the 6' distance thing?............well, that's bringing us Finnish Americans closer together! You know what they say about folks of Finnish descent..........and introverted Finn looks at their own shoes........while an extroverted Finn looks at the shoes of the person they're talking to.

No cleaning supplies, dish soap, detergent, shampoo, bar soap, ...........no paper products...........no soups............no rice........... And my wife used to give me the business for buying the 30 roll pack of schwit paper! Look who's eating those words now! She's kinda grateful now for all the canning jars I picked up over the years.......looks like we'll be canning meat and a greater portion of the garden this year as well.

It took longer to wash all the groceries before we put them away than it did to drive 30 miles and fill up a shopping cart and return to the dwelling place! If I die from this..........it wasn't from a lack of trying!

Did I mention that I think early-onset dementia is setting in? Keep an eye on me fellas.............I'm tellin' ya!
Apr 02, 2020, 06:45 AM
Snowman's love child
Stay healthy my friend!

Life hasn't changed much here, Kerwin has been calling me to mow the soccer field so we can get together and fly. Don't know if that will happen since he's a hugger and I don't want him closer than 6 feet. I guess I should be more scared of his flying since he flies closer than 6 foot from my head when he buzzes the pits.
Good to hear from you guys, keep the faith.
Lt Dan
Apr 02, 2020, 10:41 AM
I’m so old, I’m glad I don’t feel a need to go out tomcattin any more. I feel sorry for all the young bucks & does that still have wild oats to sow. Where will they go and feel safe letting someone into their personal space long enough to get to know them? Guess they’ll just have to learn to like drinking more fluoride at home.
Apr 02, 2020, 09:29 PM
Snowy, a few stores have announced they are going to limit people coming to the stores so folks will stop bringing the entire family for a social day out. (shakes head)

Quick Reply