Thread Tools
Jan 16, 2010, 04:27 PM
Master Chief
shin's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

Revell Proto CX


Hi
Went to my lhs today to pick up some parts for my Blade CX and just had to get one when i saw they had them in stock
Comes complete with helicopter, tx/charger, heli battery pack, spare set of rotor blades, screwdriver and 4 AA batteries for the tx
Flight report and videos asap
Take care
Hank
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2010, 04:43 PM
ooops
StCalvin's Avatar
Shin make sure you read the thread on the Nine Eagles Solo/ Free Spirit as they are the same thing.
Jan 16, 2010, 05:01 PM
Master Chief
shin's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by StCalvin
Shin make sure you read the thread on the Nine Eagles Solo/ Free Spirit as they are the same thing.
Hi
I have read that thread in the past and know these are clones of the Nine Eagles Solo/free spirit
I do thank you ever so much for the headsup though
We shall see if they truely are, as clones of rc vehicles are not always as well made as the originals sometimes they are better even
I have a nine eagles Free Spirit (the glow in the dark green one) on order im waiting on also so will compare them when she arrives
Take care
Hank
Last edited by shin; Jan 16, 2010 at 05:07 PM.
Jan 16, 2010, 05:11 PM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
sleb's Avatar
shin,
They are not clones, just rebadged solo/free spirit. They are made by Nine Eagles. However Revell adds a LVC chip to the battery of the Proto. That and the color sceme are the only difference. Nine Eagles now has a new version of the Coax called the Bravo III that has updated board, larger blades, scale body, newer swash and some other items.
Steve
Jan 16, 2010, 05:26 PM
Master Chief
shin's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb
shin,
They are not clones, just rebadged solo/free spirit. They are made by Nine Eagles. However Revell adds a LVC chip to the battery of the Proto. That and the color sceme are the only difference. Nine Eagles now has a new version of the Coax called the Bravo III that has updated board, larger blades, scale body, newer swash and some other items.
Steve
Hi Steve
Thanks for the info
Looks like i will have 2 now
The Bravo III looks very nice
Will be getting one of those soon also
I love me my helis
Take care
Hank
Jan 16, 2010, 05:29 PM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
sleb's Avatar
Hank,
I just oedred my BravoIII, should be here in a few days. I will post review and pics after a few flights. Rick at Club Heli has a few Bravos in stock.
Steve
Jan 16, 2010, 05:38 PM
Master Chief
shin's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb
Hank,
I just oedred my BravoIII, should be here in a few days. I will post review and pics after a few flights. Rick at Club Heli has a few Bravos in stock.
Steve
Hi Steve
Cool, Congratulations
Will be awaiting your review with anticipation
Take care
Hank
Jan 16, 2010, 11:13 PM
Master Chief
shin's Avatar
Thread OP
Hi
Heres the maiden and 2nd flight
Do enjoy
Revell Proto CX Flight 001.MOV (3 min 46 sec)

Revell Proto CX Flight 002.MOV (3 min 5 sec)

Still some trimming and practice for this one
So will post my thoughts after a few more flights
But i like her a lot so far
Enclosed is the PDF of the manual also
Take care
Hank
Jan 17, 2010, 05:31 PM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
sleb's Avatar
Hank,
You'll be doing figure eights with it in no time.
Steve
Jan 17, 2010, 05:56 PM
Master Chief
shin's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb
Hank,
You'll be doing figure eights with it in no time.
Steve
Hi Steve
Thanks
A few things ive noticed so far
Its not as durable as some of my other Ultra micros
So far
1 broke a landing skid support( easily fixed with some epoxy) but that part is very fragile and can forsee having to fix this one again, will have to see about some new skids
2 Piece of Daughters hair got wrapped up in main shaft between the upper and lower rotor blades( dont now how that happened) took a few hours to get the shaft unbound
3 small rubber gromits that hold on fuselage are very hard to get back on and when they pop off are nearly impossible to find
4 Tx/charger eats AAs Have only gotton 5 charges of the heli pack and 5 flights from a set before having to replace them
Take care
Hank
Jan 17, 2010, 08:55 PM
Master Chief
shin's Avatar
Thread OP
Hi
Heres a flight cut short by bumping the ceiling
Do enjoy
Revell ProtoCX flight 2 001.MOV (1 min 40 sec)

Take care
Hank
Jan 17, 2010, 10:31 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by shin
Hi Steve
Thanks
A few things ive noticed so far
Its not as durable as some of my other Ultra micros
So far
1 broke a landing skid support( easily fixed with some epoxy) but that part is very fragile and can forsee having to fix this one again, will have to see about some new skids
2 Piece of Daughters hair got wrapped up in main shaft between the upper and lower rotor blades( dont now how that happened) took a few hours to get the shaft unbound
3 small rubber gromits that hold on fuselage are very hard to get back on and when they pop off are nearly impossible to find
4 Tx/charger eats AAs Have only gotton 5 charges of the heli pack and 5 flights from a set before having to replace them
Take care
Hank
1 It seems the skids are made out of common plastic not the flexible kind you would expect for something that's designed to cushion the heli during a hard landing. I wonder if the skids for the NE Solo are any better.
2 Ugh... Glad I don't have anyone around here with long hair. The longest for me or my wife is about 1".
3 I took the rubber grommets off and put them away before I ever made my first flight. The canopy stays on without them just fine. If you have to secure it better just put a dab of hot glue on the end and flatten it. If you need to remove the canopy, just flick the glue off with your fingernail.
4 Use rechargable batteries. I use Sanyo Eneloop and recharge them after 5 or 6 lipo charges. The battery indicator on the transmitter sits at 1 bar most of the time, but the icon has never started blinking and the heli flies just fine.

Bill
Jan 17, 2010, 10:48 PM
Master Chief
shin's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Raleigh
1 It seems the skids are made out of common plastic not the flexible kind you would expect for something that's designed to cushion the heli during a hard landing. I wonder if the skids for the NE Solo are any better.
2 Ugh... Glad I don't have anyone around here with long hair. The longest for me or my wife is about 1".
3 I took the rubber grommets off and put them away before I ever made my first flight. The canopy stays on without them just fine. If you have to secure it better just put a dab of hot glue on the end and flatten it. If you need to remove the canopy, just flick the glue off with your fingernail.
4 Use rechargable batteries. I use Sanyo Eneloop and recharge them after 5 or 6 lipo charges. The battery indicator on the transmitter sits at 1 bar most of the time, but the icon has never started blinking and the heli flies just fine.

Bill
Hi Bill
Thanks so much for the tips
I broke my skids on a very gentle landing in fact
I used fine silk used for tying flies soaked in epoxy then wrapped around the break
I popped one of the grommits lose on a less than stellar landing
Luckily i have good eyesite and were i was flying had a tan rug so it showed up quite well
Since then i have taking all of them (4) off and stored then in a ziplock bag in the carton, as you stated the fuselage stays on with out them
I have many different rechargable AAs, NimH, Nicad, energizer lithium
Which would you suggest
Btw my daughter melisa has 4 ft long hair it was quite a taske to get it all out because it had wound it self around the opening in the rotor shaft when the upper and lower blades spin so my first indication was when both sets of blades tried to spin the same way
then it was a long process witha tweezers and exacto knife unwinding the hair until it would catch then cut find and end and unwind continue ad infinatum
Take care
Hank
Jan 17, 2010, 11:27 PM
Registered User
Sounds like quite a chore getting the heli cleaned up. Hope it doesn't happen too often.

I love to see long hair on females, but I sure wouldn't want to have to take care of it though...

As for rechargables, I prefer the NiMH because you can charge them at any time. I also prefer the "Precharged" ones like the Sanyo Eneloop or Rayovac Hybrid since they hold their charge longer than the regular ones.

I understand there are some new chemistry out now, Nickel Zinc, rated at 1.6 volts instead of 1.2 volts as the NiCd/NiMH are. Might have to look into them one of these days.

Bill
Jan 18, 2010, 06:14 PM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
sleb's Avatar
Hank,
If you get the Bravo and dont add an mcx style battery adapter to your copters, I would suggest getting the Nine Eagle battery charger, then you will not have to worry about the tx batts.
http://www.clubheli.com/Nine-Eagles-...02_p_2269.html
Steve


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Proto CX Micro Electric RTF 4-Channel Helicopter by Revell Sir Raleigh Coaxial Helicopters 42 Oct 25, 2010 03:57 PM
Discussion revell proto cx HELP!!!! chandla04 Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 3 Jan 20, 2010 10:30 PM
Sold Gabby proto type V-tail $275 shipped cycle1racing Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 1 Jan 12, 2010 02:38 PM
Discussion Proto bike 1/12 capirex Motorcycles 6 Jan 11, 2010 01:59 PM
Discussion Revell vs. Revell Germany jimhurley Submarines 9 Nov 26, 2008 09:17 PM