Sep 26, 2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP_blackfoot
A separate switch could be arranged for the receiver and the servos.
Switch transmitter on, then receiver, when synched, switch on the servo supply.
Looks like only solution...I am surprised nobody else observes this.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2012, 06:34 AM
Also, maybe try another receiver battery
Sep 26, 2012, 06:51 AM
Great Southern Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by davx
Hi guys,

Some months ago, I've made an attempt to writing a manual for the DJT module.
I've sent it to FrSky offering my services and they seemed really interested by the manual but not quite by my services...
I think you can find some inspiration from my work in their last DHT-U manual.

Anyway, I've decided to share these instructions (with the FrSky agreement) and if you think they may be useful, someone can feel free to put a link in the first post.

Tchao
Well done davx!
You have done a sterling job there. Congratulations

FrSky want the manual that they should have produced themselves, but they don't want your services. Poor show FrSky

FrSky still don't realise that for the broader market the ball is in their court to come up with good manuals

Kev
Sep 26, 2012, 07:09 AM

RS232 Data

Hi guys.
I have searched, but cannot find any info in the thread.

Is it possible to have, let's say, 2 computers both running Hyper-Terminal with one connected to a DJT Module and the other to a D8R-II Plus, be able to communicate with each other.

Forget about TTL / RS232 levels, inversion etc. for now.

I would just like to get that working. Two-way Telemetry means Up to Down and Down to Up is'nt it?

Or, to the PIC guru's, can something be built ?

Sep 26, 2012, 07:18 AM

Proper Manuals

When I started playing around with micro-processors many years back, I had the choice, basically, of PIC and Atmel.

I chose PIC because of the good manuals on CD or Hard Copy, Help Ticket system, and general support.

I chose a 9X radio because you can make it open source firmware, with plenty of support and manuals, simulation of model setups, functionality only seen in expensive radios etc.

If you have a good product with English manuals written to be understandable, I am sure you will lure more buyers.
Sep 26, 2012, 08:19 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
Quote:
Hi guys,

I've sent it to FrSky offering my services and they seemed really interested by the manual but not quite by my services...

Anyway, I've decided to share these instructions (with the FrSky agreement) and if you think they may be useful, someone can feel free to put a link in the first post.

Tchao
Fantastic manual, you must have spent many hours doing it.. Thank you. Brilliant

Joćo
Sep 26, 2012, 09:21 AM

Servo Glitch on Power up

Here it is.........am I the only one???
-
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1740281
-
Happens on any servo, V8FR/D8R/D8RII/D8RII plus etc
Sep 26, 2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Crock
Hi guys.
I have searched, but cannot find any info in the thread.

Is it possible to have, let's say, 2 computers both running Hyper-Terminal with one connected to a DJT Module and the other to a D8R-II Plus, be able to communicate with each other.

Forget about TTL / RS232 levels, inversion etc. for now.

I would just like to get that working. Two-way Telemetry means Up to Down and Down to Up is'nt it?

Or, to the PIC guru's, can something be built ?

What you want is two way transparent serial, and Frsky is not such system.
You can send only limited amount of data, about 150-200 cps from receiver to transmitter, and you need a decoding software at transmitter side.

You can get what you want with Xbee or HopeRF modules.
They act as a wireless serial.
Sep 26, 2012, 02:25 PM
Wait...what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM
Here it is.........am I the only one???
-
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1740281
-
Happens on any servo, V8FR/D8R/D8RII/D8RII plus etc
You're not the only one, my DJT/D8RII-plus does the same thing. I didn't think much of it but in the situation you describe or a gear/doors combination it could be a problem.
Sep 26, 2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmarsh
You're not the only one, my DJT/D8RII-plus does the same thing...
It sounds more like a servo feature than a receiver's?
Try to disconnect the signal wire from the servo connector and see how it behaves at switch-on, without any input from the receiver.
I'll try this later tonight.
Sep 26, 2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP_blackfoot
It sounds more like a servo feature than a receiver's?
Try to disconnect the signal wire from the servo connector and see how it behaves at switch-on, without any input from the receiver.
I'll try this later tonight.
I was thinking along the same lines... disconnecting the signal wire using a switch -- power up the servos .. then switch on the signal wire.
Sep 26, 2012, 06:06 PM
Just bought a couple of V8R-2 receivers from Wayne at Aloft hobbies and I got them in connecticut in just 3 days, Pretty good service he must have had them in the post within hours.

Is there anything odd about these receivers? do they behave as per the instructions ? I'm using them in the non telemetry mode.

regards

Terry Rigden
Sep 26, 2012, 06:20 PM
RC Soarer & wheel re-inventer
Quote:
Hi guys,

Tchao
Great work , frsky please take note.
Sep 26, 2012, 06:26 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM
Wonder if a solution exists:-
-
Is there any way to prevent the servos driving themselves to their limit on initial power up?
I obviously switch on tx first......... I am trying to set up flaps on a scale glider, which are only hinged down, but the servo will drive well past neutral on initial power up, trying to drive the flap up momentarily....something is going to break as these are 4.6kg/cm servos!
It is going to be a real pain disconnecting servos every time I power up.
-
Any ideas, pls shout.
Rgds, Steve
What transmitter are you using?
Neutral should normally be set up with the flaps about 1/2 way down, so that full servo travel will give you the full range of flap travel. This gives maximum power and resolution to the control surface.
Same thing for the ailerons. If they are to be used as spoilerons then servo neutral should put them in the middle of their travel.

But in any case, none of my servos move on power up at all with FrSky

Pat MacKenzie
Sep 27, 2012, 12:10 AM
Sanwa rd6000..... yes, have set up as you suggest, but the servos will drive themselves way past the epa i set sometimes.
Will experiment, although can already see that adding servos to an already-linked rx causes no pbm....just moves smoothly to position set.
rgds, steve

Quick Reply