Apr 12, 2010, 02:34 PM
Bleriot's R Us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Wu
The telemetry system is nearly ready, the plastic case needs some changes.
Thanks.
Thanks, I am keen on a two way system and been looking at others but will wait to see what happens now, I was also going to buy the present system but don't want to be chopping and changing modules.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2010, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedrag
I don't currently but I have been thinking about it. I currently have a Turnigy here that I am testing. Would it be a worthwhile combo to have in stock?
Well, based on the research I did it seems to be a cheap and good combo (no actual experience). I was looking at cheap because of limited funds. However, paying shipping from two different vendors beats the point of being cheap. If I was to order the Turnigy 9x from HobbyKing for example it would make sense for me to order the Assan module to save on shipping (they don't have FrSky). It may not be as good as the FrSky module but it would be adequate for my use.
Apr 13, 2010, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticalFlow
Well, based on the research I did it seems to be a cheap and good combo (no actual experience). I was looking at cheap because of limited funds. However, paying shipping from two different vendors beats the point of being cheap. If I was to order the Turnigy 9x from HobbyKing for example it would make sense for me to order the Assan module to save on shipping (they don't have FrSky). It may not be as good as the FrSky module but it would be adequate for my use.
On that subject:

Chase, are there any plans for Hobbyking to distribute your modules? They carry the Turnigy 9x for around $55 and I've seen the FrSky JR Module/receiver combo fpr $55 elsewhere. Add $30 of shipping (depending on where you are) and that makes an 8 channel 2.4 GHz system for $140 including one receiver delivered to your door. I know that the Turnigy 9x had some firmware bugs but I believe they have been fixed recently.
Apr 13, 2010, 04:05 AM
One bug that is still there is the Butterfly settings still don't work. ;-) Great for plane and heli not so good for gliders.

But yeah I see your point on stocking both.

Quote:
On that subject:

Chase, are there any plans for Hobbyking to distribute your modules? They carry the Turnigy 9x for around $55 and I've seen the FrSky JR Module/receiver combo fpr $55 elsewhere. Add $30 of shipping (depending on where you are) and that makes an 8 channel 2.4 GHz system for $140 including one receiver delivered to your door. I know that the Turnigy 9x had some firmware bugs but I believe they have been fixed recently.
Apr 13, 2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedrag
One bug that is still there is the Butterfly settings still don't work. ;-) Great for plane and heli not so good for gliders.

But yeah I see your point on stocking both.
Do you mean the 9X doesn't crow/butterfly ?
Because I don't know any link between crow and frsky system
Apr 13, 2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Dude, drop this negative thinking and do the maths for the WHOLE purchase whatever vendors you have !
Assan with two receivers is $90, Frsky is $80 ! You have a $10 margin for shipping, but HiModel shipping is already cheaper than Hobbyking
Also, how can you compare Assan system with FrSky, lol ?!
Apr 14, 2010, 12:46 AM
It is broken on the Turnigy. They only half finished the programing. So just a warning for anyone wanting to buy it for a glider it does not work. ;-)

However at its price point it is the best 9ch tx. Just add a module. FrSky being my choice. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
Do you mean the 9X doesn't crow/butterfly ?
Because I don't know any link between crow and frsky system
Apr 14, 2010, 02:04 AM

FrSky in the air

Well today I headed down to the flying field with the FrSky installed in my lovely Czech Republic Elektron Q electric glider. I have had this nice four channel glider for a number of years. It has a Graupner speed 600 installed driving a large folder through a gear box. Originally set up with seven NiMh cells, I am now using a 2S 3700 mah LiPo and a 30 amp BEC speed controller.
I installed the tiny 8 channel v8 receiver on the side of the FG fuselage with tape and routed the two arials outside via two small holes (one on each side of the fuselage) and taped the tip of the arials so they could not move. The range test was conducted over 60m and my assistant turned the model to check every aspect. No range problems at all. As I walked back to the model, I suddenly remembered to deselect the "Test Mode". There is no alarm sound to indicate reduced power. I would definitely prefer a momentary switch to ensure that it does not remain on!

The powered flight was uneventful and I climbed to maximum legal height with power on and off. There was plenty of lift around so I allowed the model to drift away down wind and then easily flew back to the field. I did not test the extreme range where, as the instructions say, the response is slowed as a warning. ( A bit too scary for me!).

I had two succesful and uneventful flights. I am very pleased with the set up and the FrSky has created quite a bit of interest in our Club.
Apr 14, 2010, 02:06 AM
Any news on the "hack" components?
Apr 14, 2010, 02:08 AM
Great !
What exactly was the two antennas orientation ?
Apr 14, 2010, 02:18 AM

Hack module has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modelholic
Any news on the "hack" components?
Hi, Hack module has been released now. Some distributors will have this in stock soon.
Apr 14, 2010, 03:16 AM

Aerials

With reference to my flight test above, I taped one aerial forwards and the other backwards externally along the fuselage sides. Then I had second thoughts and changed the rearward facing one so that it pointed downwards about 45 degrees, compared with the forward facing one that stayed parallel with the fuselage "fore and aft". My idea was to put the two aerials in different planes and still keep the ends separated by a maximum distance.
Apr 14, 2010, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan-FrSky
Hi, Hack module has been released now. Some distributors will have this in stock soon.
Thanks which distributors are likely to be first in line?
Apr 14, 2010, 05:06 AM
The best in EDF since 2005
I am not sure on the c-tick issues of hack modules, I am placing a new order this week and will get a couple to play with, if you want to be one to play with it PM me.
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA
Apr 14, 2010, 11:32 AM
Jonathan or Chase. Can you guys please make a case for purchase like the following? It is nice to have the flexibility to use the module in the Futaba or Hitec, but I am worried that I will break off the antenna since it is sticking out the back, not running up the back.

I do see that at least it is resting on the case, not the board itself.

Best Regards,
Curtis

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/pr...-F1CASE&cat=12

P.S. I know I could purchase the above case, but it would be nice to hanve the molding line up with the board layout (LED and bind button). I also bought 4 more receivers from Himodel last week and love them. Keep up the great work.

Quick Reply