Oct 14, 2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1retro View Post
Can you please tell us, where the problem was?
It seems to me that the 7ch and 8ch receivers have no problems with binding at all, but the 4 channel receivers are sometimes, lets say impossible to bind.

greetings
Peter
... By moving the small switches on the back of the module in order to bind the 4ch rcvr. I just figure it out. If its written somewhere I could not find the info regarding the positions for non telemetry functioning.

Thanks!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
No need to upgrade any receiver except for the telemetry ones.
Thanks
Oct 14, 2010, 09:24 AM

FrSky and variometer

Hi
Last week I have got a FrSky Futaba V8FT combo (transmitter + 8 ch receiver). I have tested the 2.4 gHz system with my 433 Mhz Vario. It works very well. I have made a range test on ground over a distance of about 450 m without any problems. With an other brand (Assan) it doesn't work. I have flown now the FrSky system in two powered gliders. It works perfect.
Oct 14, 2010, 09:55 AM
68 years an RC flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitpilot View Post
... By moving the small switches on the back of the module in order to bind the 4ch rcvr. I just figure it out. If its written somewhere I could not find the info regarding the positions for non telemetry functioning.
See "Manual of Two-Way Radio System", page 3:

http://www.frsky-rc.com/uploadfile/2...0115814373.pdf

Switch 1 Switch 2 Mode
1 OFF OFF Two-way Mode
2 OFF ON V8 Mode
3 ON OFF Not Defined
4 ON ON Firmware Upgrade
Last edited by Daedalus66; Oct 14, 2010 at 11:10 AM.
Oct 14, 2010, 10:49 AM
dear friends how much time does upgrade taking?I connected my DFt 8 futaba module for rom B upgrading via USB-RS232 connection everything was ok I took my module's UID number(95.65.0000....V1.3 etc) and pushed download its about 30 mins scale is on %2 and waiting?I think somethig goes wrong?what do you offer?
I have ended the session after 1 hours waited and stayed %2 scale bar.I hope my system(before application myTX and RX system was working) hasnt crashed!!!
Last edited by yurdakut; Oct 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM.
Oct 14, 2010, 11:56 PM
Any help?any options?I tried again two times after my quote here and not proceeding over %2. unfortunately I m very dissappointed.
Oct 15, 2010, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurdakut View Post
Any help?any options?I tried again two times after my quote here and not proceeding over %2. unfortunately I m very dissappointed.

Dear Yurdakut,
We do not think your DFT has any problem, otherwise you can not get UID number. We suspect the serial cable/USB cable did not connect tightly with pins of DFT when you did upgrade. Please kindly re-plug and try again.

Many thanks and best regards!
Eva
Oct 15, 2010, 08:24 AM
Flying like an Angel.
Dear Eva,

is the PPM stream from the V8R7SP positive or negative shift?

thanks
Oct 15, 2010, 10:37 AM
Or just say Peer
I finaly managed to get the UID Numer from my receiver, but when hitting the download button, the progress bar jumps to 0% and then stays there until the end of the universe...... Didnīt wait that long, but the beard was growing a little in the meantime.
Hours later my patience was exhausted and i stopped the "progress". Then i tried different com-port settings starting at 1200bps up to 128000bps (8,N,1), no success, the bar stays at zero. What are appropriate settings for having success with updating?

Immediate getting of UID number after powering up, but then no recognizable proceeding?

Any suggestions? I am using win XP SP3 with physical com port. The usb solution didnīt manage to get in contact.
Oct 15, 2010, 10:58 AM
Dear Eva,
I cant find the problem.I tried again and same result.I have closed norton also fire wall and tried again.let me tell you connection web again.I bought from market USB-RS232 item and loaded its driver to laptop Vİsta 32 bit.after I connect FrSky female RS232 to this male USB-RS232 item and I connect both them to USB port to Laptop PC.after this I started DFT update program and it showed com port 4 and I clicked the FİLE button opened the Rom B file via this opened window and after that opened my Transmitter my DFT UID has appeared on mini DFT update program and I clicked download.thats all.
So JollyJoker whats your plan?do you have plan?
Oct 15, 2010, 11:14 AM
The Drones are Coming!!!

Channel Order?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone here knows the channel order of the frsky TX/RX system.

I have recently converted my Futaba 9C to this system, with the two way telemetry modules. Since I am flying quad-copters, some of these software require a specific order for the channels, since they use the gaps between the PWM signal to calculate the remaining channels.

I can use a PWM to PPM converter, but that is a hassle, and takes away the use of some of my channels, which I now use to control lights etc. As such, having the channel order, might allow me to re-program some parameters and make this work.

Does anyone have this information, also as per this thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1171547&page=3

Does someone have a similar info for the frsky??

thanks!
Oct 15, 2010, 11:20 AM
I'm getting a lot closer to making this thing work
(Regarding the receiver working on channels 2,4,6,and 8, instead of 1,2,3, and 4, back on page 119, post 1777 and following)

Background:

To quote Bluefff from the following thread which is specifically for the Polk Hobbies Tracker III:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1235628

"The Tracker III is a programmable radio and this helps out, because it allows one to make connections at the trainer plug and not have to get into any of the other wiring. To use 2.4GHz instead of FM all you have to do is make a model program for your plane with the following settings.

Simulator Mode must be "ON". (This will disable the FM transmitter signal)

Trainer Mode must be "ON".

And you must enter "Student Mode" when you switch-on the TX by pressing down on "B" Mode key while turning on the TX."

I am hacking this Tx so that it will be both 72 and 2.4

I measured the voltage between PPM In and ground
PPM OUT and ground
and Power and ground

in both 72mhz mode and 2.4ghz mode

Those voltages, in that order, were:
72mhz -- 0, 2.5, and 9.4 (using the 8 pack battery that came with the Tx)
2.4 -- 3.8, 3.2 and 6.2

The really weird (and great) thing is, when I put the probes on to test the voltage from PPM OUT to Ground, all the servo chattering stops, AND, the receiver works PERFECTLY, on the channels it is supposed to work on. Take the probes off and its right back to chattering.

So, I figure that this must be the "overpowering" that some talk about, and that I need either to take out the diode, or add a resistor, but I need help know which to do and where to do it.

It must be similar to what BOBAZ experience in Post 1781

FYI I am doing the hack with a Frsky V8HT (XYFV8FTR), and
V8FR HV 8-channel receivers (High Voltage)

BTW, mine came with the diode, (if the diode is the little thing on the end of the yellow PPM wire) and I have not removed it

I will have access to an oscillator this weekend if necessary
TIA again
Oct 15, 2010, 11:57 AM
The Drones are Coming!!!
Hi Guys,

Never mind, I was able to get DigiTrace going, and I got the trace.

Here is it attached, in case anyone else needs it.
Oct 15, 2010, 12:01 PM
RC Soarer & wheel re-inventer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas View Post
I'm getting a lot closer to making this thing work

Those voltages, in that order, were:
72mhz -- 0, 2.5, and 9.4 (using the 8 pack battery that came with the Tx)
2.4 -- 3.8, 3.2 and 6.2

The really weird (and great) thing is, when I put the probes on to test the voltage from PPM OUT to Ground, all the servo chattering stops, AND, the receiver works PERFECTLY, on the channels it is supposed to work on. Take the probes off and its right back to chattering.

So, I figure that this must be the "overpowering" that some talk about, and that I need either to take out the diode, or add a resistor, but I need help know which to do and where to do it.

It must be similar to what BOBAZ experience in Post 1781

FYI I am doing the hack with a Frsky V8HT (XYFV8FTR), and
V8FR HV 8-channel receivers (High Voltage)

BTW, mine came with the diode, (if the diode is the little thing on the end of the yellow PPM wire) and I have not removed it

I will have access to an oscillator this weekend if necessary
TIA again
In post #1860 BOBAZ posted his success with his silver7 Tx , he solved it with a simple resistor (of the right value in the right place of course ;-) ).
Good that your hack module came with the diode, will protect it from potential overdriving .
With some images from the oscilloscope you (and some of us) will have more clear whats hapening with your Tx ppm pulse.
Good luck
Oct 15, 2010, 02:42 PM
68 years an RC flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgcnc View Post
I was wondering if anyone here knows the channel order of the frsky TX/RX system.
It's the transmitter (encoder) that sets the order of channels. The module and receiver just pass them along.

Quick Reply