Thread Tools
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:51 AM
KayCee_V4 is online now
Find More Posts by KayCee_V4
Bricks don't glide !
KayCee_V4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by darook View Post
Ok.... So I also need the hub and voltage sensor.... I thought the rx gave the lipo voltage and you only needed the hub if you wanted the other fancy stuff. Sorry..... Ill order the hub and voltage sensor.

I see there are 2.... Which one do you guys recommend?
If you don't need individual cell voltages you can use the FrSky Battery Voltage Sensor (FBVS-01). http://www.alofthobbies.com/battery-voltage-sensor.html

Plug it into A1 or A2 and connect the other end to the LiPo.

It is essentially just a voltage divider that prevents the voltage on the A1/A2 port from going above 3.3V, you can even make one yourself.

IMO the service and shipping from Aloft Hobbies is much quicker and better than HK.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:42 AM
ScienceGuy is offline
Find More Posts by ScienceGuy
Registered User

FrSky Transmitter Telemetry Module compatibility question


I have a Flysky FS -TH9X transmitter that would love to convert to FrSky. It looks like the FrSky DJT- JR transmitter telemetry module would be a direct "plug in fit" but since I understand there are several variants of these 9X transmitters I thought it would be worth asking before ordering for once

Have any of you used the two shown below together?

Thanks for any informed replies.

My transmitter and the module I think will work:
Last edited by ScienceGuy; Feb 05, 2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:49 AM
renatoa is online now
Find More Posts by renatoa
Registered User
The only issue I could think atm is that plastic raiser around pins in transmitter, not allowing the module to fully plug and click.
Requires a bit of dremeling to remove that surplus plastic.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:58 AM
ScienceGuy is offline
Find More Posts by ScienceGuy
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
The only issue I could think atm is that plastic raiser around pins in transmitter, not allowing the module to fully plug and click.
Requires a bit of dremeling to remove that surplus plastic.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll go ahead and order one of the modules and warm up the dremel in anticipation of its arrival.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:33 AM
KayCee_V4 is online now
Find More Posts by KayCee_V4
Bricks don't glide !
KayCee_V4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceGuy View Post
Have any of you used the two shown below together?
Yes, that combo works great. Just make sure you get a Telemetry Rx. Sometimes the HK combo contains a non-telemetry Rx.

Also had problems with plugging the DJT module into the Tx, sometimes needs a bit of persuading.

If you don't want to modify your 9x too much consider getting the FrSky FLD-02 - LCD Display for telemetry data. http://www.alofthobbies.com/lcd-display.html

BTW have you flashed your 9x with new firmware or is it stock ?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:45 AM
ScienceGuy is offline
Find More Posts by ScienceGuy
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCee_V4 View Post

BTW have you flashed your 9x with new firmware or is it stock ?
KayCee,

Thanks for the feedback.

I haven't flashed it yet ....in fact just took it out of the box for the first time yesterday despite having on hand for almost a year. I do have a smartieparts board on hand already that was purchased last year when I ordered the transmitter with the intent to flash the system.

I also purchased a HobbyKing LiFe transmitter battery for the set up as well.

Is there anything else "must have" needed to set this transmitter up for excellent performance?
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:53 AM
scott page is offline
Find More Posts by scott page
Registered User
scott page's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceGuy View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll go ahead and order one of the modules and warm up the dremel in anticipation of its arrival.
Don't ask me how I know this, but be sure to remove the battery before removing the excess plastic around the pins.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Old OpenTX and Taranis Videos
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:02 AM
renatoa is online now
Find More Posts by renatoa
Registered User
Probably this was the reason you started to paint the radio cases
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:08 AM
viper522 is offline
Find More Posts by viper522
Registered User
The FlySky 9X radio and DJT module should be a direct fit. It's the new 9XR that requires a dremel. Unless FlySky went back and retooled their case molds....
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:57 AM
pmackenzie is offline
Find More Posts by pmackenzie
I don't want to "Switch Now"
pmackenzie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
The FlySky 9X radio and DJT module should be a direct fit. It's the new 9XR that requires a dremel. Unless FlySky went back and retooled their case molds....
Seems like they did, newer 9X also have issues with the module fitting.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=19689
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:57 PM
ScienceGuy is offline
Find More Posts by ScienceGuy
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
Seems like they did, newer 9X also have issues with the module fitting.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=19689
Perhaps it's a good thing I purchased this unit last March then. Aloft Hobbies is supposed to have the JR modules back in stock later this week so with any luck I'll know that it fits without modding by the end of next week.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:29 PM
Levictus is offline
Find More Posts by Levictus
Crash Test Pilot
Levictus's Avatar
I have the TH-9X and the DJT snapped right in fir me, no modification...
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:04 PM
trexpilot is offline
Find More Posts by trexpilot
Registered User
trexpilot's Avatar
Hi guys,
can anyone tell me wich is the latest Rx with telemetry available from Frsky on the market at the moment please?
also between the 2 Rx below wich one is latest/better version to buy?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...elemetery.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...elemetry_.html

much appreciated
Rex
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:37 AM
gbmarsh is offline
Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Wait...what?
gbmarsh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScienceGuy View Post
Perhaps it's a good thing I purchased this unit last March then. Aloft Hobbies is supposed to have the JR modules back in stock later this week so with any luck I'll know that it fits without modding by the end of next week.
Just a FYI I trimmed the raised bit in the module bay with a hobby knife. The plastic is not very hard, no dremel required

Oh, and did you order a backlight?
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:48 AM
darook is offline
Find More Posts by darook
Registered User
darook's Avatar
Hi Rex. I believe it is the D8R-II PLUS. That is the one I bought.

From the comments on the HK website....

"dps-dave, youa are wrong - CPPM and RSSI are different things. The main difference between D8R-II and D8RSP is CPPM (signal at this channel includes all channels) that could be used for different things. One application is building wireless trainer solution - you plug this receiver's CPPM signal to your trainer port and your student's radio (binded to this receiver) gets wireless connection to your radio. The second application is connection to tri-(quad- e.t.c.)copter board that supports CPPM, in this case you don't need to use bunch of wires, only one servo connector is required.
BEST ANSWER CREDIT AWARDED"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexpilot View Post
Hi guys,
can anyone tell me wich is the latest Rx with telemetry available from Frsky on the market at the moment please?
also between the 2 Rx below wich one is latest/better version to buy?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...elemetery.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...elemetry_.html

much appreciated
Rex
Last edited by darook; Feb 06, 2013 at 12:54 AM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review The video for FrSky 2.4Ghz Chase Wu Radios 0 Dec 16, 2009 02:18 AM
Discussion Realflight G5 Combat so far so good! splitpilot Simulators 0 Nov 22, 2009 07:36 AM
Discussion So far... So good rikks Mini Helis 35 Feb 17, 2006 01:42 PM
Aerofly Deluxe so far so good! Gary Morris Simulators 5 Aug 19, 2005 08:23 AM
Schulze 18.46K v7.02 - so far, so good! Jason M Electric Heli Talk 4 Aug 11, 2002 02:25 AM