Thread Tools
Sep 18, 2012, 08:48 PM
Registered User
JLSalas's Avatar
Renatoa, jj604 and Scott Page:

Thanks to all for your clarifying answers. So telemetry is the way to go.




Thanks again!!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2012, 09:43 PM
JimN8UAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipy
Finally updated my D8R-II+ to D8R-XP using the FrUSB-03 (fdd_lite_v2).
As RENATOA pointed out, I wasn't plugging it correctly.
TX from USB should go to RX on receiver, and RX on USB should go to TX on receiver.

BTW, I don't know if it's the right place to put it, but in case anyone is interested:
2.4Ghz 7DB Antenna for FrSky Modules (And compatible Radios/Modules)

[S]$8.95[/S] $4.33* (buddy<br>price 52%, -$4.62)

[URL=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=16668&buddycode=5E9B56E5-CDA2-4DE9-91DC-9C838084ADF6#wishlistresult]
Be careful with this antenna...it is very direction sensitive and I don't believe a great choice for normal R/C flight operations. Tried it and didn't like it! I know, not very scientific but I had very poor results with it.
Sep 18, 2012, 11:51 PM
Registered User

post 8655


Quote:
Originally Posted by jim e
Most lipoly balance connectors can be tapped into by these female plugs. Got some from a prominent rcg-er (who may not want to be associated with moi) cheers jim
these are exactly what i meant. foolproof.
Sep 19, 2012, 01:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimn8uay
Be careful with this antenna...it is very direction sensitive and I don't believe a great choice for normal R/C flight operations. Tried it and didn't like it! I know, not very scientific but I had very poor results with it.
Well, is not omnidirectional, so you have to point to the plane with the 180 that work.
Sep 19, 2012, 07:50 AM
Registered User
This is what I want to ask, surely you didn't pointed it reversed ?
Sep 19, 2012, 11:45 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Fly2High's Avatar
Guys at FrSky,

Have you done anything about the fact that when a Jr Digital servo (esp. the Ds281, 285, 290, 387, 388) is attached to a telemetry receiver, it causes the servo to jitter? I know, probably Jr should do something about it but might as well ask both companies.

Was there any thought to being able to turn off the telemetry?

Will there be any 4 or 6 channel full range non telemetry receivers in the works?

thanks
Frank
Sep 19, 2012, 12:37 PM
Registered User
Huh... it's on the shelfs, not in works !
V8R4/7/8 II receivers can now talk with a telemetry radio without transmitting back, of course ! I think the 7ch model is the closer to what you want:
http://frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=131
Sep 19, 2012, 02:45 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
Fly2High's Avatar
Aaahhh but the V8R4 is short(er) range with a single antenna.

Looking for full range with dual antennas.

the 7 is more what I am looking for but in a 4 channel package.
Sep 19, 2012, 03:13 PM
Rotozuk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High
Guys at FrSky,

Have you done anything about the fact that when a Jr Digital servo (esp. the Ds281, 285, 290, 387, 388) is attached to a telemetry receiver, it causes the servo to jitter? I know, probably Jr should do something about it but might as well ask both companies.

Was there any thought to being able to turn off the telemetry?

Will there be any 4 or 6 channel full range non telemetry receivers in the works?

thanks
Frank

I heard back from a customer that he used aluminum tape on a servo and it stopped the jitters. Strange enough aluminum foil had no effect. He picked the tape up at a local hardware store.

It is not a FrSky issue, but is an issue with the servos.

-Wayne
Sep 19, 2012, 06:27 PM
JimN8UAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
This is what I want to ask, surely you didn't pointed it reversed ?
Nope, didn't reverse it but I would gather it's a pretty narrow "beam" output which drops off the edge pretty quick. Turn it 90 degrees and the signal is almost gone! Not for this guy! (Also, wasn't recommended by a popular dealer, either.) YMMV

Jim
Sep 19, 2012, 07:08 PM
ancora imparo
jj604's Avatar
It's useful for finding a lost model though if the Rx is still functioning and you can see the RSSI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimn8uay
Nope, didn't reverse it but I would gather it's a pretty narrow "beam" output which drops off the edge pretty quick. Turn it 90 degrees and the signal is almost gone! Not for this guy! (Also, wasn't recommended by a popular dealer, either.) YMMV

Jim
Sep 20, 2012, 10:00 AM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Ok i think ive read this on here before, but cant find it for some reason, but my buddy has had the tx beep in three different tones, What are these for? the rssi, and what do they mean. They get louder as they go?
Sep 20, 2012, 11:32 AM
JimN8UAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
It's useful for finding a lost model though if the Rx is still functioning and you can see the RSSI.
Great idea! I should try this and see if it really works that way (as soon as I get the telemetry part working properly). So much to do...so little time.
Sep 20, 2012, 12:18 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimn8uay
Great idea! I should try this and see if it really works that way (as soon as I get the telemetry part working properly). So much to do...so little time.
I can say it does, i lost my plane it a field in tall grass and i just followed the meter to help me find it. I have the FLD02 on my TX so it was easy to do.
Sep 20, 2012, 12:29 PM
Dean
A10FLYR's Avatar
+1^


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review The video for FrSky 2.4Ghz Chase Wu Radios 0 Dec 16, 2009 01:18 AM
Discussion Realflight G5 Combat so far so good! splitpilot Simulators 0 Nov 22, 2009 06:36 AM
Discussion So far... So good rikks Mini Helis 35 Feb 17, 2006 12:42 PM
Aerofly Deluxe so far so good! Gary Morris Simulators 5 Aug 19, 2005 07:23 AM
Schulze 18.46K v7.02 - so far, so good! Jason M Electric Heli Talk 4 Aug 11, 2002 01:25 AM