Thread Tools
Mar 28, 2010, 09:34 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSails
I wish FrSky would get a US distributor
Here Here!

I do wonder how the V3 system from FlyDream works compared to the older version that Bruce had tested.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2010, 10:09 PM
60 years of RC flying
Daedalus66's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau0090_99
Here Here!

I do wonder how the V3 system from FlyDream works compared to the older version that Bruce had tested.
Take a look at the discussion at:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1217849
We shouldn't hijack the FRSky thread.
Mar 29, 2010, 01:06 AM
Registered User
New Futaba S-Bus is a big crap indeed !
Read my opinion why here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6#post14710957
Mar 29, 2010, 01:08 AM
Registered User
The fact that FD lacks telemetry alone is enough to not compare it with FrSky.
In this moment the only market competitor is Hitec.
Jeti is out of game in US because it lacks FCC.
Mar 29, 2010, 05:23 AM
Bleriot's R Us
xairflyer's Avatar
I take it the dual telemetry stuff is specific in that the receivers will be changed as well ?

Just wondering should I wait for the new version, anyone got an idea on release date
Mar 29, 2010, 05:32 AM
Dan Thompson (MP8K developer)
Iflyj3's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSails
I wish FrSky would get a US distributor
Check this site http://www.smart-fly.com/Products/FrSky/frsky.html
Mar 29, 2010, 07:28 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iflyj3
Yeah, I think I'll stick to buying them from Himodel at that price.
Mar 29, 2010, 07:36 AM
Dan Thompson (MP8K developer)
Iflyj3's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau0090_99
Yeah, I think I'll stick to buying them from Himodel at that price.
Care to post a link for Himodel?
Mar 29, 2010, 08:12 AM
Registered User
http://www.himodel.com/search.php?psearch=frsky
If you login you get a discounted selling price, some 2-3$ less than the shown values.
Unfortunately, no 8ch receivers in stock atm.
Shipping for a combo could be as low as $10 worlwide.
Mar 29, 2010, 02:52 PM
Registered User
I got my combo for about $65 after shipping and 3% paypal charge.
Regards,
C
Mar 29, 2010, 03:30 PM
Dan Thompson (MP8K developer)
Iflyj3's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
http://www.himodel.com/search.php?psearch=frsky
If you login you get a discounted selling price, some 2-3$ less than the shown values.
Unfortunately, no 8ch receivers in stock atm.
Shipping for a combo could be as low as $10 worlwide.
Thanks for the link.

I am going to wait for the telemetry version.
Mar 29, 2010, 05:55 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
ScottSails's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
The fact that FD lacks telemetry alone is enough to not compare it with FrSky.
In this moment the only market competitor is Hitec.
Jeti is out of game in US because it lacks FCC.
Huum, I didnt the telemetry was on the market - yet?

That is a big discriminator (I lost a plane that likely wouldn't have crashed if I knew the receiver voltage was low).

I do have to say that I am impressed that Chase from FrSky is on this forum - I like that he is paying attention to his customers (current and potential) and representing his company so well.

Scott
Mar 31, 2010, 01:29 AM
Registered User
T3beatz's Avatar
so when are the HV RXs coming out? I just ordered one of the Frsky systems from Himodel but I plan on running 2S Lipos or 2S Li-ion on my 50cc or 100cc plane down the road. As of now I can run 2s a123's but what if I wanted to move up to 3S ones?
Mar 31, 2010, 05:56 AM
Registered User
I'd like to put FrSky in my Multiplex Evo (upgraded to Pro but with v2.60, not v3.3). It seems the connections are easy but I'm concerned about the physical fitting of the module and aerial/antenna. The result must look reasonably neat and I don't want to be turned away from fly-ins because of doubts about its CE status

Someone must have done this ?

Brian
Last edited by Breezy; Mar 31, 2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: EC / CE whichever!
Mar 31, 2010, 09:30 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3beatz
so when are the HV RXs coming out? I just ordered one of the Frsky systems from Himodel but I plan on running 2S Lipos or 2S Li-ion on my 50cc or 100cc plane down the road. As of now I can run 2s a123's but what if I wanted to move up to 3S ones?
Hi,

The HV version receiver would be available in next month, and
marked with "HV".

Best regards
Chase Wu


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review The video for FrSky 2.4Ghz Chase Wu Radios 0 Dec 16, 2009 01:18 AM
Discussion Realflight G5 Combat so far so good! splitpilot Simulators 0 Nov 22, 2009 06:36 AM
Discussion So far... So good rikks Mini Helis 35 Feb 17, 2006 12:42 PM
Aerofly Deluxe so far so good! Gary Morris Simulators 5 Aug 19, 2005 07:23 AM
Schulze 18.46K v7.02 - so far, so good! Jason M Electric Heli Talk 4 Aug 11, 2002 01:25 AM