Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 03, 2013, 08:07 PM
Certifiable
stringrazor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysCrusher View Post
The body of the motor is actually 7mm diameter by 17mm length. Including the spindle it's 25mm in length. Looks like the spindle on what you have is a bit short. Looks like 21mm from that picture. If you got 22mm the pinion would just fit right to mesh with the gears. Anything shorter than that, looks like it wouldn't work unless it's the A motor.
Thanks. I think I have my terminology wrong. Maybe this is an "A" motor - it's the front-most motor but it drives the lower set of blades on the highest drive gear. A longer shaft isn't a problem.

Does anyone know if there's any real difference in quality from the suppliers? If so, whom do you recommend?


Update: The Syma 107 motor was a perfect match for the World Tech Toys Nano Herc. It's the lower rotor motor, black and white wires and the polarity was the same as the original (white +, IIRC). The pinion gear that came on the replacement looks a little larger than the Herc's so I swapped it. The shaft is longer than the original but it's not a problem and the heli flys like new.
Last edited by stringrazor; Feb 06, 2013 at 03:09 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2013, 08:55 PM
S107, S026
TSquare123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotfire View Post
T Square, Thanks. Mine is a DMZ S-107 a Syma clone from Hobby Lobby on Franklin Pk.
What part of Music City do you live.

Jim
I am on the west side of town.
Feb 03, 2013, 09:51 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSquare123 View Post
I am on the west side of town.
Belle Vue
Feb 04, 2013, 03:12 AM
S107, S026
TSquare123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotfire View Post
Belle Vue
Not quite that far west. Charlotte Park area.
Feb 04, 2013, 03:14 PM
Embargo lifted.
kenstogie's Avatar
I have gotten 4 of these 107G's from Meritline and LOVE THEM!! Flies as good as my MCX's and is 1/5th the price!! Has anyone tried the Nano-Tech batteries in theses?? I know they have some smaller batts.
Feb 04, 2013, 03:33 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
I have gotten 4 of these 107G's from Meritline and LOVE THEM!! Flies as good as my MCX's and is 1/5th the price!! Has anyone tried the Nano-Tech batteries in theses?? I know they have some smaller batts.

Doing a mod to accept the E-flite Blade/UMX 150 mAH 25 c 1S bat could be handy. It has turned out to be one of the strongest 1S bats available for the small stuff. You would need to splice or solder in a E-flite micro connector to your S-107. Get it online or from your LHS. You would need a real charger for these bats though as they don't have the built-in circuit for overcharge protection. A real charger, even if it is the cheapy that comes with all of the E-flite Blade/UMX aircraft, will take care of the overcharge protection for you, and usually much better.
The real advantage of this mod would to be able to quickly change batteries and to be able to charge batteries off/away from the helicopter. I have a very handy E-flite Celectra 4 port charger that came with my first mSR heli. Look on Ebay for Celectra

John in Merrill
Last edited by jgestner; Feb 05, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
Feb 05, 2013, 09:19 PM
Embargo lifted.
kenstogie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post

Doing a mod to accept the E-flite Blade/UMX 150 mAH 25 c 1S bat could be handy. It has turned out to be one of the strongest 1S bats available for the small stuff. You would need to splice or solder in a E-flite micro connector to your S-107. Get it online or from your LHS. You would need a real charger for these bats though as they don't have the built-in circuit for overcharge protection. A real charger, even if it is the cheapy that comes with all of the E-flite Blade/UMX aircraft, will take care of the overcharge protection for you, and usually much better.
The real advantage of this mod would to be able to quickly change batteries and to be able to charge batteries off/away from the helicopter. I have a very handy E-flite Celectra 4 port charger that came with my first mSR heli. Look on Ebay for Celectra

HJohn in Merrill
Thanks Hjohn, woukd I see much of a performance/flight time increase?
Feb 06, 2013, 10:01 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
One thing that I've always considered doing but haven't gotten around to yet is keeping the stock battery in the S107G but splicing in an E-Flite micro connector and then exposing the connector on the outside. That way I could use my Thunderpower AC6 charger to properly charge these batteries as well as put them at proper storage charge without the guesswork of whether it's supposed to be 3 minutes or 4 minutes of flight to put the voltage at 3.8V.

I'd REALLY like to do this for all of my scale models (e.g. S108G, S109G, S111G, S026G, etc...) since replacing puffed batteries in these guys is a real chore.
Feb 06, 2013, 10:22 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Chap1012's Avatar
@John in Merrill, Dude, is this some kind of sick joke printing a post in light green. Think about us old Guys with bad eyes. Once you go black, you'll never go back

I joke of course

Mike.
Feb 06, 2013, 11:08 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
@John in Merrill, Dude, is this some kind of sick joke printing a post in light green. Think about us old Guys with bad eyes. Once you go black, you'll never go back

I joke of course

Mike.

Hmmmmmm.....................
On my 32" monitor that color looked nice
Feb 06, 2013, 11:12 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
One thing that I've always considered doing but haven't gotten around to yet is keeping the stock battery in the S107G but splicing in an E-Flite micro connector and then exposing the connector on the outside. That way I could use my Thunderpower AC6 charger to properly charge these batteries as well as put them at proper storage charge without the guesswork of whether it's supposed to be 3 minutes or 4 minutes of flight to put the voltage at 3.8V.

I'd REALLY like to do this for all of my scale models (e.g. S108G, S109G, S111G, S026G, etc...) since replacing puffed batteries in these guys is a real chore.
I agree!!!! But now with 3 new mini quads, I may just switch everything to either E-flite micro or Losi micro. Already switched the goofy backward polarity of the 1SQ on the Quad and on it's charger to match the batteries on the other mini quads.

John
Last edited by jgestner; Feb 08, 2013 at 03:58 PM.
Feb 06, 2013, 12:17 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Robo, I hear what you're trying to do. I understand that it is a different problem with scale models. For the S107, Daryoon and I went all out and converted ours to use Eflite batteries. You've seen my blog on that, haven't you?
Feb 06, 2013, 12:19 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
Hmmmmmm.....................
On my 32" monitor that color looked nice
I have to agree with Mike. This coloring stuff doesn't help.
Feb 06, 2013, 12:20 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Robo, I hear what you're trying to do. I understand that it is a different problem with scale models. For the S107, Daryoon and I went all out and converted ours to use Eflite batteries. You've seen my blog on that, haven't you?

Oh yeah. Absolutely. It's a fantastic mod and one that I've been considering for a while ever since I first discovered the S107G and RCGroups. I think as my batteries wear out I'll do these sorts of things rather than buying and soldering in stock batteries.
Feb 06, 2013, 12:27 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Chap1012's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I have to agree with Mike. This coloring stuff doesn't help.
Ha, ha, ha...had to transfer to black to read your post


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 01:47 PM
Discussion V-max .vs. Falcon-X .vs. Syma 3 S107? 7immy Mini Helis 12 Apr 07, 2011 04:11 PM
Discussion Mosquito 3CH Radio Control Helicopter Version 2 by Syma Wayno-san Micro Ready-to-Fly 39 Dec 26, 2010 02:36 PM