Sep 09, 2012, 03:34 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail
They're like Bic lighters and Glocks; they're cheap, mostly plastic, but even the haters have to admit they WORK.
LOL Great analogy.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2012, 06:56 PM
Lucas
Anybody that can tell me where to find s 107 c camera operating instructions? No info in box and nothing I have tried works
Sep 11, 2012, 10:16 PM
Just a reminder to folks trying to deal with the dreaded Toilet Bowl Effect to go check out Heli Pad's awesome blog post about it:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1611495

I fixed a pretty severe case of TBE on my rebuilt Helizone S107G by flying with only one flybar link. I wouldn't have thought of trying that but Heli Pad's list had it on there. Worked great!!!
Sep 11, 2012, 11:22 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Thanks for the plug, RoboHeli. I'm glad that the article gave your helpful suggestions. That makes it worth writing.
Sep 12, 2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli
Just a reminder to folks trying to deal with the dreaded Toilet Bowl Effect to go check out Heli Pad's awesome blog post about it:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1611495

I fixed a pretty severe case of TBE on my rebuilt Helizone S107G by flying with only one flybar link. I wouldn't have thought of trying that but Heli Pad's list had it on there. Worked great!!!
Here, here on that, I just tryed that last night on my s107g and it helped also.
Thx HP
Sep 12, 2012, 09:50 PM
Gotta also mention that HP's info was of great help when my first helicopter, a Swann Micro Lightning, had TBE almost a year ago. Fixed it and it is still flying!

LARGE S107, 28" in length (not a Syma)
Noticed this one on eBay recently:
Sep 13, 2012, 01:15 AM
As featured in the movie, "Honey, I blew up the S107". (so fake).
Sep 13, 2012, 10:10 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIR/Cer
Gotta also mention that HP's info was of great help when my first helicopter, a Swann Micro Lightning, had TBE almost a year ago. Fixed it and it is still flying!

LARGE S107, 28" in length (not a Syma)
Noticed this one on eBay recently:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
As featured in the movie, "Honey, I blew up the S107". (so fake).
But look...It comes with a detachable/rechargeable battery

Mike.
Sep 13, 2012, 04:02 PM
hay guise

do you think this is too flashy?

S107 + 50hp mod (1 min 20 sec)
Sep 13, 2012, 08:24 PM
Beer me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe_pilot
hay guise

http://youtu.be/mlnc5H0nKGg
Looks cool. It made me think of this....

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) Music Scene (5 min 33 sec)
Sep 13, 2012, 10:25 PM
To cool. I need to send you a canopy to mod for the shaft drive project. helis gone wild. LOL,LOL
Sep 14, 2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
hay guise

Crazy flashy and fun in the dark...but how well does it fly?
Sep 14, 2012, 10:50 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Quote:
hay guise

http://youtu.be/mlnc5H0nKGg

You pimped your 107!

Sep 18, 2012, 01:06 AM
she flies great! not what i'm used to in terms of speed haha but she flies exactly like a stock s107... the weight of the LEDs, chip and socket cant be more than 1.5g or so

i tried to leave everything as stock as possible, but i had to resort to doing the removable battery mod and relocating the battery beneath the body, between the skids. i did this so i could solder the LEDs to a socket, allowing me to remove the chip for adding patterns and such later on.

if i had connected the LEDs directly to the chip legs (instead of a socket), there would be enough space for the chip to straddle the battery -- so everything would be contained in the canopy. assuming we started with a stock S107, the extra weight up front would mean faster forward flight.

now for some pics

test fitting the LEDs:

canopy with holes drilled, LEDs connected to socket and resistors, attiny44

everything installed inside the canopy -- added a button for mode selection:

from the outside:
Sep 18, 2012, 01:28 AM
Quite a craftsman you are. Moving the battery help with the balance I think. What does you battery mount look like now?