Mar 27, 2012, 07:35 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
IceRail's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Thanks for the pix, Tutexx!!!
Thanks for the effort, Tutexx!!!


Ya gotta admit, that is a great S107forGery! Too bad they didn't put as much work into quality as they did in fakery.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 27, 2012, 08:19 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
RoboHeli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutexx View Post
Yeah, to be a kid again, right?
LOL. As far as I can tell, I never stopped!
Mar 28, 2012, 03:34 PM
E-Flite Apprentice FTW
Tutexx's Avatar
Glad i could help guys, and i hope my pics will help others determine real/fake s107's.

I did some research in my ebay purchase history and found the name of the vendor, its "ytradezon". I guess all i can say is if youre going to get a fake s107, you probably want it from this guy. shipping was really fast and the darn thing flys great (still). Would have liked a real s107 but hey, this is probably as good as a bad experience can get. needless to say i left him positive feedback on ebay but did mention that his product was not legit.

Tut
Mar 28, 2012, 03:46 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Once upon a time, I had a theory, and the theory said that there is no such thing as a Fake Blue S107. But I've been proven wrong.

I had that theory because people were asking me, "Why are the Blue S107 more expensive than the Red or Yellow." Well, I noticed that at least the fake dealers I could identify all sell Fakes in Red and Yellow. Therefore, they are not competing with the Blue market with they super low prices. It was a good theory, while it lasted. LOL.
Mar 28, 2012, 03:48 PM
E-Flite Apprentice FTW
Tutexx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Once upon a time, I had a theory, and the theory said that there is no such thing as a Fake Blue S107. But I've been proven wrong.

I had that theory because people were asking me, "Why are the Blue S107 more expensive than the Red or Yellow." Well, I noticed that at least the fake dealers I could identify all sell Fakes in Red and Yellow. Therefore, they are not competing with the Blue market with they super low prices. It was a good theory, while it lasted. LOL.
Sorry about that
Mar 28, 2012, 03:50 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Oh, nothing to be sorry about. We are all here to learn something, and I learned something.
Last edited by Heli Pad; Mar 29, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Mar 29, 2012, 05:42 PM
Registered User
donwalk's Avatar
i've bought two 107's from amazon.com.

one has "S107G gyro system" on it, the other doesn't; it has "S107" on it.

both came in packaging that had "SYMA" all over them.

the latter one i purchased (the one with "S107G gyro system" on it) is the better flyer...but...both fly good
Mar 29, 2012, 08:05 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by donwalk View Post
i've bought two 107's from amazon.com.

one has "S107G gyro system" on it, the other doesn't; it has "S107" on it.

both came in packaging that had "SYMA" all over them.

the latter one i purchased (the one with "S107G gyro system" on it) is the better flyer...but...both fly good
be quiet an be happy

China is very big and as a socialist society, they share plans and technology as needed. If one area is printing helicopter reciever boards in blue and another area does red or green but shares parts, why are we so surprised and ticked off that all are not exactly the same?

If some are cheating and parts are not interchangeable, then we have a problem.

When talking about a <$30 RC product that usually works quite well, why do we expect some kind of perfection that even Horizon Hobby can not achieve with their PRO quality +150.00 stuff.
Mar 29, 2012, 09:20 PM
Jersey Shore
ovrclkd's Avatar

LighTake Selling Fakes!


I ordered three S107's from LighTake when they offered them for $19.99. They came today and are all non working FAKES. Green circuit boards, red led, short USB cable with no indicator charge light. Just to name a few.
They all shut off as soon as you power them up and the tail rotor motors don't work.
Shame on LighTake! I have filed a claim with PayPal, hopefully I'll get my money back!
Mar 30, 2012, 10:14 AM
RC beginner
did you charge the batteries?
Mar 30, 2012, 03:42 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
I'm waiting for my red s107g...ordered it straight from SYMA so I'm assuming I'll get the genuine goods yes?

This class of RC flight has come so far so fast it's hard to keep up with. I love stable indoor flight as much as radical outdoor 3D now.
Sounds like a V911 4-ch single blade heli is what you'd enjoy more for indoor flying if you already fly 4+ ch helis. The S107 is boring after going 4-ch ... I hardly fly my S107s anymore.
Mar 30, 2012, 05:49 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
BD Murdock's Avatar
My 107G just got plugged in for charging...one question...the instruction sheet says to make sure tx & bird are on same channel but I can't find that designation on the 107...am I missing something?

Another question...this'll be for you guys with Xbox 360's...since I can charge on my pc's USB can I also charge on my 360"s USB? USB is the same voltage regardless correct?
Last edited by BD Murdock; Mar 30, 2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: additional question
Mar 30, 2012, 05:52 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Sounds like a V911 4-ch single blade heli is what you'd enjoy more for indoor flying if you already fly 4+ ch helis. The S107 is boring after going 4-ch ... I hardly fly my S107s anymore.
+1 I recommend the V911 for anyone who is getting a little bored with their S107s.
Mar 30, 2012, 07:00 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrclkd View Post
I ordered three S107's from LighTake when they offered them for $19.99. They came today and are all non working FAKES. Green circuit boards, red led, short USB cable with no indicator charge light. Just to name a few.
They all shut off as soon as you power them up and the tail rotor motors don't work.
Shame on LighTake! I have filed a claim with PayPal, hopefully I'll get my money back!
I had same experience as you
Mar 30, 2012, 07:18 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Chap1012's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
did you charge the batteries?
It seems that burning question remains in question


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 01:47 PM
Discussion V-max .vs. Falcon-X .vs. Syma 3 S107? 7immy Mini Helis 12 Apr 07, 2011 04:11 PM
Discussion Mosquito 3CH Radio Control Helicopter Version 2 by Syma Wayno-san Micro Ready-to-Fly 39 Dec 26, 2010 02:36 PM