Feb 09, 2012, 03:40 PM
Did you take off the link for this photo?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2012, 03:45 PM
S107G MSR MSRX 120SR Nano QX
Hi XD.

The main rotar blade is 91 mm end to end.

The charging point is (which seems bona fide) :
Lucas

"worn main motor and broken tail blade"

Those two things haven't happened to me .....................Yet!
no I have not altered (taken off) anything since delivery a few hours ago
Feb 09, 2012, 04:05 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Hi, I was out meeting with friends flying this morning. I just got back. Did you guys miss me already? LOL It appears XDRoX is going a fine job keeping the hotline open.

Micro, I agree with everything XDRoX have said. I do believe that your S107 is a clone. That is not a criticism of its flying ability, but it is a minus when you need to fix it. I like that it is using the old flybar with the removeable weights. I have seen clones with Green and even Pink motor tops. It seems that it is missing a connect buckle, but it could also mean that the rotor head assembly is non-standard (and it looks that way), and the distance between the flybar and blade grip is slightly off. In that case your S107 will fly with only one connect buckle. Forcing on a 2nd buckle will ruin its flying ability. The other thing you have to watch out for down the road is that the shafts, head assembly and as much as gears could be different from the real parts. Needless to say, the green board will not communicate with a real Tx. So, if anything happens to the board or to the Tx, you'll have to replace them both at the same time, which will cost you close to buying a new one. Whether or not you want to contest with your Ebay seller is up to you. Did he advertise a Genuine Syma, and/or post pictures of a real one?

One more thing, the 180mAh battery, and I have only seen them with clones, look a little puffed from where I'm sitting. Squeeze on it and see if it feels like it has an air pocket inside. If it does, definitely send it back! Do not pass GO, and do not collect $200.

Now, Micro, I must comment on your pictures. Great pictures! This forum has photography talents, I tell you. Could you post a picture of its LEFT Profile? I'd like to see also the space between the upper and lower blades. When you opened up the canopy. Did you find a piece of metal weight inside?

I was with friends this morning and we stopped in a LHS. They sell a fake S107 with a similar green PCB for, get this, $50 + Tax!!!
Last edited by Heli Pad; Feb 09, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
Feb 09, 2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks Heli, I'm just disappointed now
Feb 09, 2012, 04:46 PM
And I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But you need to be informed.

I looked at the Ebay page you sent. They claimed that they S107s are "100% NEW and Genuine from SYMA ! not copies/ fakes !"

On the same page, they sell a DIFFERENT PCB, and a DIFFERENT Lipo battery. Go figure!
Feb 09, 2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks Heli.

Enough is enough. I shall file a complaint immediately.
Feb 09, 2012, 05:17 PM
Motto - fly it, crash it = fun
Got my 2nd 107 this afternoon (blue) and did some comparisons to my highly modified yellow 1st 107. Flight time of yellow = 8 1/2 min., time for the blue one = 8 1/2 min. Recharge for yellow = 30 min., blue = 30 min. Yellow battery is 150 mAh, no ID on the blue one except numbers that look a part number and not ahr nor voltage. Absolutely no difference, so far, except for a bit of performance - not worth the effort for modifications, although I enjoyed the work. Most of the changes were weight-related that were suggested from various folks on RCGroups.
Last edited by fs2flyer; Feb 09, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
Feb 09, 2012, 05:29 PM
Visit My Blog
What kind of mods on the yellow one?
Feb 09, 2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp
What kind of mods on the yellow one?
Weight-related -
removed all rear tailplane stuff
removed one landing gear support
drilled holes and cut more accesses in front enclosure, plastic belly frame, metal side plates
removed light and nose weight
cut off about 1/4" of each balance bar weight
removed the diagonal tail braces

Had to re-add a piece of tailplane mount and previous noseweight to the tail to get the balance suitable and hover with no forward/aft motion.

Biggest performance difference to blue one is faster vertical climb and forward speed. Not very significant for me in the house. Haven't had the right circumstance to check outside use, yet.
Last edited by fs2flyer; Feb 09, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Feb 09, 2012, 05:48 PM
FS2, 8.5 of flight time out of the box for blue is terrific! I've never had one S107 with that kind of flight time. 6.5 to 7 minutes top after shedding some weight.
Feb 09, 2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
I haven't seen that old golden color box for the longest time. When I got mine (from a US seller), it was in pristine condition, because it didn't travel around the world, yet it was well packed inside a outer shipping box. It makes a huge difference in customer satisfaction in my opinion.
My first S107, about one and half year ago, was in such a box. It is an R3 and still goes fine.
All the other I got were in a black box.
Except of the very recent, some days ago, which is in the golden box and it is an R5.

PS. Sorry I miss a lot of posts but I do not read them all - it is impossible! Too many.
Feb 09, 2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
FS2, 8.5 of flight time out of the box for blue is terrific! I've never had one S107 with that kind of flight time. 6.5 to 7 minutes top after shedding some weight.
Flights and charging timed with a stopwatch - temperatures measured with an infrared thermometer. Since battery temps were not high, I bought a Thunder AC6 charger to try some rapid charge, but my 1st trial had less flight time (1 min less), so it seems the charger shut off sooner than the 30-min wall charger. Boooo.....
Feb 09, 2012, 06:22 PM
RC beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs2flyer
Thunder AC6 charger to try some rapid charge, but my 1st trial had less flight time (1 min less), so it seems the charger shut off sooner than the 30-min wall charger. Boooo.....
that is to be expected because the faster you charge a lipo, not only is life shortened, but it takes less energy it.

i know 10 min charge is holy grail for most in this forum but these cheap lipos are not meant to take that abuse. if youre lucky it will reduce number of cycles. lipos are best charged for 1 hour or more.

maybe try the 30 min one again and let us know how that works out.

Quick Reply