Feb 09, 2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre
@everyone that liked the video
We will surely make more videos, glad you all enjoyed it

@Heli Pad:
That seems to be the best solution, thanks!

@stickman
That's what I thought first, but I changed my mind after flying my genuine 107 for the first time, it is so much calmer and reacts a lot smoother to throttle, it's a world of difference.
When I try to fly my clone, the first 3 minutes (of the 5 minute flight I limit myself to...) it constantly bounces up and down a foot because the throttle stick is so inaccurate.

About the wall charger, it's a good idea. I'm not technologically challenged fortunately, so I think I'll get it to work without blowing anything up ;D
For now I'll just tell my friend to set a 45 minute timer when charging, I tried it with my clone charger and the light came on after 40~45 minutes, and it had a good full 5 minute flight after cooling down.

And of course, everybody else also thanks for the suggestions and input, much appreciated!

Picture is what me and my buddy have so far. It all started just 6 weeks ago with a 107 clone he got as a gift, I was very impressed, and it kind of escalated from there. I'm sure this sounds very familiar
Is there a black wolf in the pictures?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2012, 10:36 AM
Nope, the black one is a brandless and nameless helicopter one of my friends bought online a while ago
Feb 09, 2012, 01:39 PM
S107G MSR MSRX 120SR Nano QX
My littel beauty arrived today, and he flies perfectly.

I'm not convinced he is genuine, as his motor tops are greeen, but as he flies perfectly, do I need to worry (or could th eproblems be further down the line??)
Feb 09, 2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro2000
My littel beauty arrived today, and he flies perfectly.

I'm not convinced he is genuine, as his motor tops are greeen, but as he flies perfectly, do I need to worry (or could th eproblems be further down the line??)
Green motor tops, interesting. What kind of board? Is it red or green? Any lettering on it.
Feb 09, 2012, 01:55 PM
Hi XD,

It is a very neat green board, and states on it "010R ver a"

This is only as viewed from outside, as it is a birthday pressie and cant take it apart yet........
Feb 09, 2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Hi XD,

It is a very neat green board, and states on it "010R ver a"

This is only as viewed from outside, as it is a birthday pressie and cant take it apart yet........
Yep it's a fake. Where did you order it from?

BTW, some fakes are just as good or even better than the real deal. The only problem is that sometimes it can be hard to find replacements parts.

Have fun and enjoy your new little heli.
Feb 09, 2012, 02:03 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISA...EOIBSA:GB:1123

Let's hope I can get spares, as you can be sure i will need them!
Feb 09, 2012, 02:12 PM
and this probably confirms your view...........
Feb 09, 2012, 02:13 PM
Out of interest, which parts are different, or does it vary on the clone ?
Feb 09, 2012, 02:19 PM
RC beginner
listing title: "3.5 Channel Infra Red not RC"

lol! they must have been listening in on my complaints about banggood. technically ir can be rc but maybe they didnt have room for "radio control".
Feb 09, 2012, 02:21 PM
perhaps they meant it is not radio controlled.
Feb 09, 2012, 02:22 PM
Heli, from your previous posts, you seem to be very hot on clones - whilst this guy is a reputable seller, do you think I should be sending it back, and search for the real McCoy?
Feb 09, 2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Heli, from your previous posts, you seem to be very hot on clones - whilst this guy is a reputable seller, do you think I should be sending it back, and search for the real McCoy?
I'm also interested in Heli's opinion.

Personally I'd keep it and fly it. They are pretty hard to break. Treat it well and it will last. It looks like a very close fake in that many of the parts look interchangeable. I've replaced parts on my brother in law's clone with genuine parts. The polarity is reversed on many of the clones and fakes so don't swap chargers if you do get another.

Can you buy from Amazon where you live?
These are all real:

Here's a blue one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ZO4&sn=A-Xheli

Here's a yellow one:

Here's a red one:
Feb 09, 2012, 02:55 PM
Yes we can buy from Amazon in the UK, but not economically from your suggested seller, leaving me in the same pickle as before.

Is there any particular spare part that may be different/difficult to source ?
Feb 09, 2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Yes we can buy from Amazon in the UK, but not economically from your suggested seller, leaving me in the same pickle as before.

Is there any particular spare part that may be different/difficult to source ?
That I don't know, it depends on the fake/clone?

On the end of your charging cable, is it round or square (the part that plugs into the heli)?

Also, how long are your main rotors? By that I mean the longest measurement of one of the main 4 rotors?

Quick Reply