Jan 31, 2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
XDRoX, I think you meant the S109G, but not the iPhone version. I noticed today that Battery Superstore @Amazon has several helicopters on sale. Like you said, the S109G is $20, and the S111G (Coast Guard) is just $18.95! (Cheapest I have seen). All the other sellers are at least $10 more! So, grab them if you like them.
WOW,very nice price,does it shipped free shipping?how about 25$ free shipping?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 31, 2012, 11:48 AM
Hi everybody. I have a SYMA S107 buyed from Ebay and have buyed spare main shafts because it was my first broken part in a previous heli I have. The thing is that the parts I get doesn´t fit to my Heli, the distance between the upper blades and the balancer is shorter than the "original" part. The seller says that no other buyer complain (let's assume he's honest), my question is: Is MY S107 fake or something or the seller sent me the wrong part?. I'm try to clarify this because I want this part and others and want to choose the rights one. Can you tell me with your experience witch one is the correct part? The left one is my broken part (from a clone S107, but identical to my actual working and (I believe) geniune SYMA S107 heli and the right is the ebay part. Theres a pic from my S107 too, Great machine!
Thanks for your help!
Jan 31, 2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin
WOW,very nice price,does it shipped free shipping?how about 25$ free shipping?
$25 free Amazon shipping.
Jan 31, 2012, 12:14 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitropy
Hi everybody. I have a SYMA S107 buyed from Ebay and have buyed spare main shafts because it was my first broken part in a previous heli I have. The thing is that the parts I get doesn´t fit to my Heli, the distance between the upper blades and the balancer is shorter than the "original" part. The seller says that no other buyer complain (let's assume he's honest), my question is: Is MY S107 fake or something or the seller sent me the wrong part?. I'm try to clarify this because I want this part and others and want to choose the rights one. Can you tell me with your experience witch one is the correct part? The left one is my broken part (from a clone S107, but identical to my actual working and (I believe) geniune SYMA S107 heli and the right is the ebay part. Theres a pic from my S107 too, Great machine!
Thanks for your help!
Nitropy, I can't say definitively by just those two photos that whether you have a genuine or a fake S107.

I have come across two different types of heads. In one version, the screws line up with the pivot pins for the blades, and the hole in the bottom is smaller. In the other version, the screws line up with the flybar and the hole in the bottom is larger and accommodates the sleeve between the upper and lower blades. However, between the two versions, the distance between the flybar and the blades is the same, allowing me to use the same connect buckle.

Without the measurements, I'd say that my rotor head matches the one you bought (the one on the right). Interestingly it has that little "ball" on top, too. So, there stand a chance that your "original" might not be genuine. But I can't call it just yet.

Here's what I would suggest you try: Install the new one, but use only ONE connect buckle instead of TWO. The angle of the flybar and the blades would be slightly off. But fly it, hover it, and see if it doesn't fly okay.
Jan 31, 2012, 12:38 PM
Visit My Blog
Oh, so many shills, so little time.
Jan 31, 2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman0236
I'm using a 5" diameter can o peanuts. Yeah, I'm kicking around ideas for extra-point situations for the touch n go game. A tail touch was one but it might be hard to prove that it wasn't lucky. That's still a good one for personal practice. Looking forward to the vid!
My s107 clone (0 min 17 sec)

When I 'discovered' this little trick I managed to keep it there for 5 seconds, of course when I'm trying to film it it never works as nice, lol.
Jan 31, 2012, 10:14 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Quote:
XDRoX, I think you meant the S109G, but not the iPhone version. I noticed today that Battery Superstore @Amazon has several helicopters on sale. Like you said, the S109G is $20, and the S111G (Coast Guard) is just $18.95! (Cheapest I have seen). All the other sellers are at least $10 more! So, grab them if you like them.
HP, the 109 shows up for quite a bit more at Amazon for me. Do I need a discount code or something?
Jan 31, 2012, 10:20 PM
No, no code. Pricing at AMZN does fluctuate. Yesterday, I saw it for $19.95. Just now it's $25. And the S111G went from $18.95 to $30!! Did I, or did I not say "Grab Them!" when I posted it yesterday? Just the nature of the beast. I hope that at least some of you took advantage of that. It was worth going off-topic.
Jan 31, 2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Nitropy, I can't say definitively by just those two photos that whether you have a genuine or a fake S107.

I have come across two different types of heads. In one version, the screws line up with the pivot pins for the blades, and the hole in the bottom is smaller. In the other version, the screws line up with the flybar and the hole in the bottom is larger and accommodates the sleeve between the upper and lower blades. However, between the two versions, the distance between the flybar and the blades is the same, allowing me to use the same connect buckle.

Without the measurements, I'd say that my rotor head matches the one you bought (the one on the right). Interestingly it has that little "ball" on top, too. So, there stand a chance that your "original" might not be genuine. But I can't call it just yet.

Here's what I would suggest you try: Install the new one, but use only ONE connect buckle instead of TWO. The angle of the flybar and the blades would be slightly off. But fly it, hover it, and see if it doesn't fly okay.
Thanks for your answer Heli Pad. You mentioned what I miss. The real problem are the buckles. They stays to long with this piece. So, to clarify more this I dismount my working S107 (the one in the picture) to compare and not only the new shaft is shorter between blades and flybar, (use the buckles as reference) it also doesn't get in the Axle: it's smaller. It fits only on the Axle that comes with it. At this point the only thing I know it's that I must take care with my heli, because I'm not shure to find parts for it!
It was bought from chinese seller on ebay last week. The green PCB on it says HH-009R and 2010/11024. It flys very stable even my 9 years son can handle it with no problem.
Jan 31, 2012, 11:46 PM
Unfortunately that's not a genuine Syma. Not a big deal really, it just makes it difficult to find replacement parts for.
Jan 31, 2012, 11:51 PM
If it ain't broke, it will be
Just saw this in a thread way north of here.
http://www.focalprice.com/YE915R/4Ch...er=je6NUbpObpQ
What the heck are the things on the sides? Are they powered or just dead weight?
Last edited by Breaker; Jan 31, 2012 at 11:57 PM.
Jan 31, 2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitropy
Thanks for your answer Heli Pad. You mentioned what I miss. The real problem are the buckles. They stays to long with this piece. So, to clarify more this I dismount my working S107 (the one in the picture) to compare and not only the new shaft is shorter between blades and flybar, (use the buckles as reference) it also doesn't get in the Axle: it's smaller. It fits only on the Axle that comes with it. At this point the only thing I know it's that I must take care with my heli, because I'm not shure to find parts for it!
It was bought from chinese seller on ebay last week. The green PCB on it says HH-009R and 2010/11024. It flys very stable even my 9 years son can handle it with no problem.
Nitropy, As I have suspected, but unwilling to call it just yet, your latest picture and info has confirmed my suspicion. I'm sorry to inform you that you got a fake S107. A real S107 would have a red PCB with S107R5 written on it. As I have said many times before, even a fake flies fine out of the box. The issues are with future support. After parts are broken, people are unable to source components to fix their fake S107, which you have just proven the point. Sometimes these 'small' variants don't seem much at first, until you find out that parts just do not fit. That's why I've been an advocate for people to not buy clones, or return them as soon as you get them.

Anyway, let me get off my soap box, and get on talking about fixing your helicopter. Have you tried putting on just one connect buckle? Was it able to fly with just one? If not, I think the best option going forward is to get a set of genuine connect buckles. You should be able to keep the flybar, blade holder and blades. The distance between the upper and lower blades might be off, but you should be able to get the helicopter up in the air. Does that sound like a plan to you?

I don't quite understand the part where you say it doesn't fit in the axle. Do you mean the replacement shaft is smaller than the original shaft?!? I'm hoping that you don't have to change anything beyond head rotor. Otherwise, if you have to change the shaft, you'd have to change the gear underneath and that could open up a can of worm. So, try again. Loosen the locking screws on the head all the way and see if you could just press the head onto the shaft. Let me know what you find out. I'll try my best to help you get this heli up in the air.
Feb 01, 2012, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker
Just saw this in a thread way north of here.
http://www.focalprice.com/YE915R/4Ch...er=je6NUbpObpQ
What the heck are the things on the sides for?
That's the "Avatar Z008" model. This is not the thread for it. There is a separate thread for it. The rotors on the side makes the helicopter slide sideways. It is a very crude way of implementing a 4ch.
Feb 01, 2012, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Nitropy, As I have suspected, but unwilling to call it just yet, your latest picture and info has confirmed my suspicion. I'm sorry to inform you that you got a fake S107. A real S107 would have a red PCB with S107R5 written on it. As I have said many times before, even a fake flies fine out of the box. The issues are with future support. After parts are broken, people are unable to source components to fix their fake S107, which you have just proven the point. Sometimes these 'small' variants don't seem much at first, until you find out that parts just do not fit. That's why I've been an advocate for people to not buy clones, or return them as soon as you get them.

Anyway, let me get off my soap box, and get on talking about fixing your helicopter. Have you tried putting on just one connect buckle? Was it able to fly with just one? If not, I think the best option going forward is to get a set of genuine connect buckles. You should be able to keep the flybar, blade holder and blades. The distance between the upper and lower blades might be off, but you should be able to get the helicopter up in the air. Does that sound like a plan to you?

I don't quite understand the part where you say it doesn't fit in the axle. Do you mean the replacement shaft is smaller than the original shaft?!? I'm hoping that you don't have to change anything beyond head rotor. Otherwise, if you have to change the shaft, you'd have to change the gear underneath and that could open up a can of worm. So, try again. Loosen the locking screws on the head all the way and see if you could just press the head onto the shaft. Let me know what you find out. I'll try my best to help you get this heli up in the air.
Thanks for all responses! This "fake" S107 flyes very well right now. I bought the parts for another heli that at least don't says S107 on it, but it's quite the same (BTW it is a N-SERIES Copter Mini 3.5). My hope was that the parts will serve me for both but I'll have to buy a REAL S107 to use them.Genuine buckles could be a solution in this case. I have try only one buckle but doesn't work. About the Axle: the replacement is a lot thinner than the fake S107, but fits on the other heli. obviously when you "dance" outside genuine this is the history. Amazon is a good place to buy?
Feb 01, 2012, 01:51 AM
Even Amazon has sellers line up to sell fake ones. Let me know when you're ready to buy, and what color. I'll take a look at what's available and give you some help.

Quick Reply