Dec 15, 2011, 08:52 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Hi Chap. At that price, I should grab a few of them. How long does your S107G take to charge using the Syma A/C charger?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2011, 09:19 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Buyers beware. Just like the S107 Amazon sells, you need to know which AC charger seller to buy from. Buy it from any cheapo seller, and you'll get a 350mA output charger. I spent a little more and buy from Superstition and I received a 800MA charger. The choice is yours.
Dec 15, 2011, 09:34 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli
Hi Chap. At that price, I should grab a few of them. How long does your S107G take to charge using the Syma A/C charger?
Hi Robo, as I said in my post "i could not comment" on the Syma type charger because I don't own one. Sorry, I should have been a little more specific. The single USB/AC charger can be bought with several USB outlets allowing you to charge several choppers via AC/USB
Like this: http://www.amazon.com/Lenmar-ACUSB4-.../dp/B001BWLA8W

I only own the single port AC/USB charger adapter.

Mike.
Dec 15, 2011, 09:40 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
I too am curious how long the ac wall chargers take to charge a full charge. I ordered one from Amazon when I ordered my S107G from AXHeli. That way I hit the $25 mark to get free shipping. I don't remember what vendor it was from tho. It was only a few bucks but I am not sure what mah it charges at.

Can anyone that has the "SYMA" wall 110v charger comment on how long it takes to charge the their S107g?
Dec 15, 2011, 11:37 PM
D'oh, sorry, I misread your post, Chap...

I meant to say what Jimmy just posted.

I was able to find a few generic dual-port USB/AC adapters that I had been using for my palm pilot back in the day but IIRC, they were kind of expensive. If the SYMA charger works nearly as well, then it's probably worth it to grab whenever I need a few more bucks to get it over the free shipping price threshold. I did read the reviews of it though and I can't tell whether the negative ones are the result of poor quality control at the factory or if the device really is crap.

On the other hand, having the yellow charger with the LED that lights up when it's "done" is a great little visual indicator. Maybe i'll stick with the AC/USB wall-wart solution given that every S107, 105, 110, etc... comes with the USB cable anyway... Let's see what folks say about the syma wall charger though.
Dec 16, 2011, 12:48 AM
If the output of your AC charger is 350mA, it will take about 40 minutes to charge the S107. If the output of your AC charger is 800mA, like mine, it will take about 15-18 minutes to charge the S107. I also use the same charger to charge my S110, which has a smaller battery. Charge time is 5-6 minutes. I also have a AC charger with USB out port, like the ones Mike is talking about. Mine has 500mA output and it takes about 25-30 minutes to charge the S107.
Dec 16, 2011, 04:05 AM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
If the output of your AC charger is 350mA, it will take about 40 minutes to charge the S107. If the output of your AC charger is 800mA, like mine, it will take about 15-18 minutes to charge the S107. I also use the same charger to charge my S110, which has a smaller battery. Charge time is 5-6 minutes. I also have a AC charger with USB out port, like the ones Mike is talking about. Mine has 500mA output and it takes about 25-30 minutes to charge the S107.
I use the charger from my S009g on the s107g. Works fine and is faster.

Adult Image Hosting
Dec 16, 2011, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131
I use the charger from my S009g on the s107g. Works fine and is faster.
Is there a visual indicator to show when it's done? It looks like there's an LED on the back of it.
Dec 16, 2011, 09:59 AM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli
Is there a visual indicator to show when it's done? It looks like there's an LED on the back of it.
When it is charging the lite is off. When it is done charging the light turns red...just like the yellow usb cable that comes with the heli.
Dec 16, 2011, 03:44 PM
Oh no not another one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad
If the output of your AC charger is 800mA, like mine, it will take about 15-18 minutes to charge the S107.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I understood that small li-po batteries should be charged at a rate no higher than around 2C. 800ma charge into a 150mah battery works out at 5.33C which is likely to shorten battery life considerably.
Dec 16, 2011, 04:05 PM
Yes, you're right. Typical Lipo has a max charge rate of 3C. So, the safest practice is not to exceed 450mA when charging. But some Lipos are capable of handling higher charge rates. Frankly, I'm not sure what charge rate is the S107 capable of. But I've been using the 800mA charger since October, and my flight time is still 5+ minutes. I usually land before 5 minutes are up, but on occasions when I want to see what my battery is still capable of, I get 7 minutes out of it.
Dec 16, 2011, 04:14 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
https://sites.google.com/site/tjingu...the-variable-c

Lipo charging, lipo care, lipo break-in and even some soldering tips to help you when the time comes to change out a battery I'm too tired to do any math at the moment but just for the sake of argument, I charge all my UM single cell batts at .1A and my single cell for my 120SR at .5A (C rating is much different).

Mike.
Dec 16, 2011, 08:49 PM

Its here!!!

So I have good news and I have bad news.

The good news is that my S107G arrived today!!!

Bad news is it will absolutely drive me batty to wait until Christmas to fly it!!!

More good news, it took just 6 days. They said from the 15th to the 20th and it got here today the 16th. Thats awesome considering I didn't do fast shipping.

Serious cudo's to AXHeli. They got it here fast and packaged quite nicely. It was in a huge box with the big blown up bubble wrap. No dmg!

More good news... It appears to be a genuine SYMA. It has SYMA right on the box, has the black thicker blade mount and has the little "Warning" writing on the blades like 3 or 4 lines of information. I got the AC 110 charger too.
Only bad, from what the latest discussion has brought up, is that it is 350 mah so will have to wait 45 minutes for a charge. Ug. Ah well, I'm not complaining about that at all... waiting 45 minutes is chump change compared to having to wait over a whole week!!!

Man I can't wait to join in the fun. Here's a couple of pics of the lastest S107G to join the madness.

jimmy
Dec 16, 2011, 09:29 PM
Ascended Master
If you have two of them...... hint....
Dec 16, 2011, 10:07 PM
Yeah I know, I know. Right now household finances dictate otherwise but hey, I know what I'll be asking for for my birthday!

Quick Reply