Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Aug 29, 2011, 01:09 PM
TSquare123 is offline
Find More Posts by TSquare123
S107, S026
TSquare123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamYZFR1 View Post
Hi to all,

apologies if this has been asked before but its a long thread....

I got an S107G today and am puzzled by the rear rotor. It only spins when the helicopter is going backwards or forwards although sometimes I don't think the stick on the transmitter centres itself properly as the rotor continues to spin.

Is this normal? or is the tail rotor meant to spin all of the time.

BTW I bought the S107G to tide me over until the S031G arrives (possibly tomorrow )
Tail rotor is the only way that the 107 can move forward or backward. It should only spin when it gets input from the TX's forward/reverse control.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2011, 01:09 PM
Chap1012 is offline
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
Chap1012's Avatar
@William, Not to worry. The tail rotor is what makes your heli go forwards and backwards. It will not rotate during a hover.

Mike.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 01:10 PM
Chap1012 is offline
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
Chap1012's Avatar
Hey TSquare, we posted at the same time...lol
Old Aug 29, 2011, 01:22 PM
WilliamYZFR1 is offline
Find More Posts by WilliamYZFR1
Registered User
Thanks for the info guys.

It must just be when the forward/backward transmitter stick doesn't quite centre itself that the tail rotor continues to spin.

Perhaps it will improve with use....
Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:35 PM
Jake8131 is online now
Find More Posts by Jake8131
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
The tail motor does not stop on a dime...it will continue to rotate for a few secs.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:25 AM
Purple Aki is offline
Find More Posts by Purple Aki
Suspended Account
Just ordered a Syma s107g off eBay.

Anyone know the difference between the s107g Vs the s107?

I'm also led to believe that it's the latest model. Are there any problems associated with recent models?

Thanking
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:35 AM
The_LED_Museum is offline
Find More Posts by The_LED_Museum
Registered User
The_LED_Museum's Avatar

Re: Syma s107


Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamYZFR1 View Post
Hi to all,

apologies if this has been asked before but its a long thread....

I got an S107G today and am puzzled by the rear rotor. It only spins when the helicopter is going backwards or forwards although sometimes I don't think the stick on the transmitter centres itself properly as the rotor continues to spin.

Is this normal? or is the tail rotor meant to spin all of the time.

BTW I bought the S107G to tide me over until the S031G arrives (possibly tomorrow )
The rear rotor should only spin when the heli is flying forward or backward; it should not turn at all when hovering. This is normal behaviour for *ALL* coaxial helis, not just the Syma S107G.

OOPS!!! Looks like I got beaten to the (Subzero Ice) Punch {obscure Digimon reference here!} on this one.
Last edited by The_LED_Museum; Aug 30, 2011 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Somebody beat me to it. :-)
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:35 AM
Jake8131 is online now
Find More Posts by Jake8131
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
Flight Of My Syma S107g...still quite fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qtaNpx0LZU
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:12 PM
Purple Aki is offline
Find More Posts by Purple Aki
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Aki View Post
Just ordered a Syma s107g off eBay.

Anyone know the difference between the s107g Vs the s107?

I'm also led to believe that it's the latest model. Are there any problems associated with recent models?

Thanking
Anyone?

I've read a good few pages at the start of the discussion, but it's just too long to read all the thread.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:43 PM
rcguy567 is offline
Find More Posts by rcguy567
Registered User

help plz


I have had my syma s107 for about 3 weeks now and ever since i replaced my main shaft that holds the fly bar and wings in place it has been not as stable and wobbles a little.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:03 PM
Chap1012 is offline
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
Chap1012's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Aki View Post
Anyone?

I've read a good few pages at the start of the discussion, but it's just too long to read all the thread.
There is really no difference. Both have gyro (S107 (G)). Kinda a re-packaging label. I have a S107 with gyro but there is no "G" on the box. Did I get that right? LOL.

Mike.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:13 PM
Chap1012 is offline
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
Chap1012's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy567 View Post
I have had my syma s107 for about 3 weeks now and ever since i replaced my main shaft that holds the fly bar and wings in place it has been not as stable and wobbles a little.
It flew good for 3 weeks, you crashed it, and replaced the main shaft? Correct? Did you replace the blades as well...that part of your post is a little fuzzy. Make sure your flybar is nice and loose and bouncy. Binding of "ANY" kind is unacceptable. A member recommended using only one flybar link. It didn't work for me but, it's worth a try for you. Let us know how you make out.

Mike.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 09:26 PM
okstumbler is offline
Find More Posts by okstumbler
Registered User
What is the best / cheapest place to get parts for s107? Specifically, I am in need of some landing skids and a gear set. Xheli wants like $10 shipping
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:37 PM
Chap1012 is offline
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
Chap1012's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by okstumbler View Post
What is the best / cheapest place to get parts for s107? Specifically, I am in need of some landing skids and a gear set. Xheli wants like $10 shipping
Personally I'm not a fan of ebay...but, go on if someone recommends it. Most will buy off xheli for parts even if it's a few bucks more.
http://www.xheli.com/syrepa.html

EDIT: Order a "LOT" of parts to make it worth the shipping. Heck....order another heli or two..l

Not saying that everyone on ebay is bad. You have your good sellers as well.

Mike.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 12:42 AM
The_LED_Museum is offline
Find More Posts by The_LED_Museum
Registered User
The_LED_Museum's Avatar

Re: Syma s107


Syma S107G Coax R/C Heli flying to the Kraftwerk song "Airwaves" (4 min 41 sec)


Video on YouTube showing the brave little Syma S107G buzzing around my room to the song Airwaves by...o jeez you've just ***GOT*** to know this one by now...




If you guessed Anthrax, ¡¡¡PARA LOS MOTIVOS NO DE CRISTO!!!
It's Kraftwerk, silly!!!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 02:47 PM
Discussion V-max .vs. Falcon-X .vs. Syma 3 S107? 7immy Mini Helis 12 Apr 07, 2011 05:11 PM
Discussion Mosquito 3CH Radio Control Helicopter Version 2 by Syma Wayno-san Micro Ready-to-Fly 39 Dec 26, 2010 03:36 PM